2020 NBA Draft II

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,499

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1501 » by jezzerinho » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Merrill's practically 25yo tho. I'm not one to get too hung up on draft age, but he's older than some guys with 5 years in the NBA.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#1502 » by NotACat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Yikes

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Black Lives Matter
RodyTur10
Junior
And1: 360

Post#1503 » by RodyTur10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 pm

I want my Celtics to take Merrill. Perfect complement on the bench.
Excellent shooter and a really smart player.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#1504 » by stoo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 am

another international prospect is declaring for the draft... 7foot 3&D 22 yo Borisa Simanic... Should be an interesting player
NotSinceWilt
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#1505 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:19 pm

another international prospect is declaring for the draft... 7foot 3&D 22 yo Borisa Simanic... Should be an interesting player

Watched a quick highlight, not sure how I missed this guy. He looks very mobile for his size and his shot is smooth AF for a 7 footer. I also like his trailer trash facial hair. We have needed more of that since Morrison left this league.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1506 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Watched a quick highlight, not sure how I missed this guy. He looks very mobile for his size and his shot is smooth AF for a 7 footer. I also like his trailer trash facial hair. We have needed more of that since Morrison left this league.

really skinny for a 7' and already 22. not sold he will be able to add much weight, but his mobility and finishing make the shooting improvement more intriguing as a early 2nd steal
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#1507 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:41 pm

really skinny for a 7' and already 22. not sold he will be able to add much weight, but his mobility and finishing make the shooting improvement more intriguing as a early 2nd steal

Ya he for sure has stuff working against him but he looks like a solid middle-to-late 2nd round pick. Guys like Maxi are in huge demand right now and this kid has plus 3PT and mobility, a team may look smart taking him and throwing tons of weight training his way. No idea on his BBall IQ.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#1508 » by Mickey8 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Simanic never panned out , he was coached by 5,6 different coaches since he moved to senior basketball competition and he was never able to get stable place in the rotation, this season he barely see the court and he will probably lose the place on the team very soon, his attitude is not very good, he's been a big disappointment , projected to be a NBA lock , he will be lucky if somebody chooses him in the second round.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1509 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

Mickey8 wrote:Simanic never panned out , he was coached by 5,6 different coaches since he moved to senior basketball competition and he was never able to get stable place in the rotation, this season he barely see the court and he will probably lose the place on the team very soon, his attitude is not very good, he's been a big disappointment , projected to be a NBA lock , he will be lucky if somebody chooses him in the second round.

I don't hold what happens in Europe against these kids especially NBA level talents because these are grown men leagues. This is their livelihood. These coaches and teams are trying to win games, not develop young guys. And since NBA talents aren't there for the long haul, they get even less of a chance. If you were athletically gifted with size and length, and knew you were the most talented player on your team but weren't getting to play consistent minutes or looks, even when you did play, you'd likely be disgruntled too. Isn't he just parked outside the 3pt line for spacing and hardly ever touches the ball beyond that and maybe in transition or fluke plays outside of the offense? In the NBA it'd be the same because he can shoot, and he can defend too at least enough to not be a liability. How is that not worth a late 1st if your team needs a stretch 4 off the bench with potential for more?
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#1510 » by stoo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Simanic never panned out , he was coached by 5,6 different coaches since he moved to senior basketball competition and he was never able to get stable place in the rotation, this season he barely see the court and he will probably lose the place on the team very soon, his attitude is not very good, he's been a big disappointment , projected to be a NBA lock , he will be lucky if somebody chooses him in the second round.

I don't hold what happens in Europe against these kids especially NBA level talents because these are grown men leagues. This is their livelihood. These coaches and teams are trying to win games, not develop young guys. And since NBA talents aren't there for the long haul, they get even less of a chance. If you were athletically gifted with size and length, and knew you were the most talented player on your team but weren't getting to play consistent minutes or looks, even when you did play, you'd likely be disgruntled too. Isn't he just parked outside the 3pt line for spacing and hardly ever touches the ball beyond that and maybe in transition or fluke plays outside of the offense? In the NBA it'd be the same because he can shoot, and he can defend too at least enough to not be a liability. How is that not worth a late 1st if your team needs a stretch 4 off the bench with potential for more?

you are right about them being in europe. Euro coaches are afraid to use younger guys.
another thing happening here is that he is that euro guy that you stash for a few years.... so he already went thru it.. might happen that some team already has him planned and don't want to expose him
NotSinceWilt
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1511 » by doordoor123 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:23 am

If Jordan Nwora became a better passer I think he would be a steal. He has a really quick release and not a lot of guys his size can move off-ball as well as him. He reminds me so much of Danny Green.

I think Skylar Mays is a poor man's Jordan Clarkson. I dont think he'll ever be as good of a scorer as Clarkson, but he can have that role.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1512 » by nolang1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 pm

jezzerinho wrote:Merrill's practically 25yo tho. I'm not one to get too hung up on draft age, but he's older than some guys with 5 years in the NBA.

If you get someone in the 2nd round who's actually good enough to play in the NBA, that's a win. Sure, you'd be foolish to draft him in the lottery or whatever.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1513 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:42 pm

nolang1 wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:Merrill's practically 25yo tho. I'm not one to get too hung up on draft age, but he's older than some guys with 5 years in the NBA.

If you get someone in the 2nd round who's actually good enough to play in the NBA, that's a win. Sure, you'd be foolish to draft him in the lottery or whatever.

definitely can be a high level catch and shoot option but there is a little more to his game than that so he could quite easily be picked up by a contender anywhere after the mid 1st. This draft is mostly uncommon as far as the lack of willingness teams will have to develop players outside the lottery from it as opposed to taking a sure thing given the cost and the lack of elite upsides across the board.the financial hit will also have many searching for plug and play role players not high upside boom bust again after the lottery
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1514 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:44 pm

lol hes also probably better than some of those same players
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#1515 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Stillwater wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Maybe moving away from sharing a buffet with Big Sofo will allow him to put on some weight.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1516 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Maybe moving away from sharing a buffet with Big Sofo will allow him to put on some weight.

overall he probably is a late 2nd rounder at best just too many unknowns as far as mental side
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1517 » by getrichordie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Simanic is solid. I've been on the Simanic train for quite a while. I think he's a fine pick up early in the 2nd. Not too many guys who are 6-10 / 6-11 and can shoot. And he's more John Malkovich than Adam Morrison :lol:
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#1518 » by Mickey8 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:25 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

Well he got some opportunity playing but he has shown little or no fire at all when he was on the court, his best stretch was the last season, he played solid for about the month than he faded away again, now he's out of the team , hopefully he goes to Jokic's former team , that's his agent's club, so he can get playing time there.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1519 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Desmond Bane could be a steal if drafted around the early 20s. I think he's at least as good of a prospect as Saddiq Bey. Could argue he should go lottery.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1520 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Desmond Bane could be a steal if drafted around the early 20s. I think he's at least as good of a prospect as Saddiq Bey. Could argue he should go lottery.

He has some great moves on offense, hes not going to be able to get past a second line of defense after he gets by his guy at the next level. That wingspan too tho. I dont think Bane will be as good of a defender as people expect him to be. He can be serviceable, but he's someone every team needs to pay attention to. Bane would be more valuable if he was a PG IMO.

Return to NBA Draft