ImageImageImage

NBA FINALS Game 1: Los Angeles Lakers VS Miami Heat 9/30/2020 9PM EST ABC

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: NBA FINALS Game 1: Los Angeles Lakers VS Miami Heat 9/30/2020 9PM EST ABC 

Post#1321 » by IggieCC » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:21 am

Shewasfly wrote:
IggieCC wrote:No need to keep quoting or reporting his posts.

Yall also need to remove the posts from trolls from other teams coming here to tell us we are big mad though :roll:

We suspend and give warnings to trolls if appropriate, but we're instructed not to delete posts unless they are extremely egregious and harmful for viewing.

Don't remember exactly why but we do need posts to stay so that we have reasons to officially ban later and so forth.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1322 » by goodboy » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:37 am

Yeah ive had enough of this heatvol dude.

Wilt/Iggie, mods, what u guys doing bb. Should have banned this dude awhile back.
Bright
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1323 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:43 am

Ahhhh, the usual Game 1 exaggerated takes and proclamations of how a series is done already. I guess RGM still hasn't changed, lol.

Buckle up boys. Just hoping for good health first of all then we can worry about the rest. Let's go.
:hug:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#1324 » by Wiltside » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:53 am

As much as the score read 116-98, what it really reads is 1-0.

Yes it was bad. Will it matter if we come back and take Game 2? Nope.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1325 » by IggieCC » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:11 am

goodboy wrote:Yeah ive had enough of this heatvol dude.

Wilt/Iggie, mods, what u guys doing bb. Should have banned this dude awhile back.

I hear you goodboy. that guy is extremely tiring with his ways.

we can't suspend/ban users for being negative or annoying though. i can think of a handful posters who are flatout downers, where do you draw the line? he definitely crossed the line with the kobe/lebron post though. we'll handle this.

with that said, I'm done for the night. take care of this Wilts the protector of the night from down under :x
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,348

Post#1326 » by BaffLer » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:29 am

How'd we do?
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1327 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:41 am

AirP. wrote:The Lakers played LeBron and AD 36 and 38 minutes in a blowout?

Yet our boys are the ones getting injured fighting while these fools stats padding.

Basketball gods gotta give us something gm2.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1328 » by IggieCC » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:41 am

BaffLer wrote:How'd we do?

3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1329 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:47 am

Wiltside wrote:The good news? As bad as that was, it’s just 1 game.

Yes but @ what cost? I'd feel ok if our Dragon could still fight beside us but he gone :( & Bam potentially done too or not 100%. 2 Big pieces.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#1330 » by Wiltside » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:51 am

3ballbomber wrote:
Wiltside wrote:The good news? As bad as that was, it’s just 1 game.

Yes but @ what cost? I'd feel ok if our Dragon could still fight beside us but he gone :( & Bam potentially done too or not 100%. 2 Big pieces.

I think Bam could've come back in, we just opted to get him the rest after his discomfort (and given we were down like 80pts by then). He'll be OK to go, but yeah, 100% might be asking a bit much.

Gogi I have no idea. I can't see how he can be effective with a torn foot muscle (im assuming a plantar fascia is a muscle? nfi). But hey, see what happens. All just setting the stage for FMVP KNUNN tbh.

Hold onto the rope guys. We haven't trailed in a series until today. We usually respond well to an L, lets give our guys a chance. Get game 2 and it's back to 0-0.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1331 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:05 am

AirP. wrote:So let me get this right... Miami starts an undersized center against a team who has 2 bigs bigger and as strong or stronger than him? I hope Spoelstra just decided to try going small just one game to see if it would work. Both Olynyk and Leonard can space the floor and hit 3s at a solid rate... I just don't understand giving up that much size to LA, it's suicidal.

It's amazing when a team achieves such massive success knocking out a more talented #1 & 3 squads, making great adjustments, fantastic rotational decisions & playing w/ so much attention to detail to advance to the NBA finals nobody has anything negative to say. But after 1 loss the criticism comes in. No Dragic, No Bam & a hobbled Butler so unable for opportunity to go on our customary comeback. But in spite of those absences were still able to make it a 12pt game near the end. And spite of our starting line up we were able to go up early by 13pts. We didn't have problems w/ their height they couldn't miss a damn 3 pointer - a team that is 21st in the bubble in 3s are making it rain. That's an anomaly that i guarantee will not happen again. If anything it was our lack of aggression guarding the 3pt line more than any issues w/ Height. At that point it was majority jump shots from LA.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1332 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:33 am

oreon wrote:Negatives: If Dragic is done and Bam compromised, this series is likely over
Positives: It's game 1 and Lakers shot above their 3 pt averages. That is likley to come down, the next games will be closer.

It's not looking good though. So whatever happens ppl need to maintain perspective. The season was already a success by getting the finals and it's set us no 1 destination in 2021. If we can get Giannis, we can contend for next 8 years. And he has to be thinking about that. Anything we get from this is extra gravy

Yep, can't see our chances be the same of taking out this series w/ Goran out let alone both Goran & potentially a less than 100% Bam, if not out for a gm or more. That's 2 huge pieces.

Imagine though......Riles sits w/ Giannis. Works his magic, pulls out his box of rings & has a fantastic meeting that entices & makes him ponder......Then BAM he signs w/ Miami. IT'S ALL **** OVER FROM THERE. We coming for Lakers & be a massive revenge spot for us after they dismantled our injured team a season prior.

Either way, all great championship teams goes through adversities. Rest assured we are currently going through that process now. That started today. We become better, hungrier & more determined as a result of this. Our time is coming.....

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#1333 » by insfo » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:39 am

3ballbomber wrote:
AirP. wrote:So let me get this right... Miami starts an undersized center against a team who has 2 bigs bigger and as strong or stronger than him? I hope Spoelstra just decided to try going small just one game to see if it would work. Both Olynyk and Leonard can space the floor and hit 3s at a solid rate... I just don't understand giving up that much size to LA, it's suicidal.

It's amazing when a team achieves such massive success knocking out a more talented #1 & 3 squads, making great adjustments, fantastic rotational decisions & playing w/ so much attention to detail to advance to the NBA finals nobody has anything negative to say. But after 1 loss the criticism comes in. No Dragic, No Bam & a hobbled Butler so unable for opportunity to go on our customary comeback. But in spite of those absences were still able to make it a 12pt game near the end. And spite of our starting line up we were able to go up early by 13pts. We didn't have problems w/ their height they couldn't miss a damn 3 pointer - a team that is 21st in the bubble in 3s are making it raining. That's an anomaly that i guarantee will not happen again. If anything it was our lack of aggression guarding the 3pt line more than any issues w/ Height. At that point it was majority jump shots from LA.

Perfectly put. I’m of the mindset that I’m just going to enjoy whatever basketball is left in the season with all the other stuff going on all around us. If we win, I won’t get too high...just means 1 more game of basketball that I get to enjoy.

Loved Nunn’s spark. As I mentioned earlier, dude can be a difference maker and he has springy legs today. DJJr was a little disappointing, though facing this laker team is a bad match up for him.

Anyway, on to Game 2 and hoping for good health for our team. Go Heat!
Sagell
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1334 » by Sagell » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:48 am

kobewade11 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:It looks like the betting odds are firmly against us, as expected.

The professional betting agenesis are giving us around 23% chance to win the series. Probably one of the biggest underdogs in finals history.

Thats why i think 2 first games will dictate our faith - if we can go a head and Make LA play from behind, i think the pressure to live up to the exceptions can really hurt them.

The buzz about them showing signs of "collapsing" against the heavy underdogs will be crazy. The"ll feel the burden of being expected to win easily.

That"s when we'll play loose and step on their entitled necks.

This is the key. For all the talent they have at the top 2 spots of their roster, at their core they are a front running team. You deal with any bully by punching them in the nose and they havent been hit yet. We need to deliver that early blow, take their energy.

Haha cool strategy but I am not sure it will be good for betting. My experience in the field is more than 8 years and I have to stay sport requires a lot of patience and stubbornness to succeed. I always watch the matches of my favorite teams and place my money when I am sure who would be the winner. Simple guidance is needed as the tips in https://britishbettingsites.co.uk/ which really helped me benefit from every possible scenario that might happen. Surely one of the most expected games of the season and I guess we will find out soon the results.

Take care! :) :) :)
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1335 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:34 am

carnageta wrote:They shot lights out today. They were 11-18 in the first half and held a 17 point lead.

Unsustainable shooting, as the second half showed.

Their 3s is what made the difference early in gm1.

Lakers are 21st in the bubble in 3pt shooting. Today was an anomaly. We dropped 7 three's in the 1st half. So say they made just as much as us, take away their 4 extra 3s which equals 12pts & it wld have been just a 5pt lead going into the half. Extra 1 or 2 less & you'd have a 2pt gm or Heat up by a point or more.

Hurt us further Dragic & Butler getting injured in the 2nd Q, then Bam in the 3rd. Then it all just fell apart. Everything that could have gone wrong pretty much did. I mean seriously, injuries to our 3 main players? What are the chances!

But as you stated could not sustain that shooting in the 2nd half. Just 4, tied with our 4. It's just too bad injuries had to add to the loss as we have been quite good after a loss & looking forward to a bounce back game.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#1336 » by God Squad » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:26 am

carnageta wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:LeBron should have been in that helicopter, not Kobe.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Lmaooo bro wtf

Bad...Just poor taste.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#1337 » by God Squad » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:29 am

Aside from the injuries and terrible turnovers I thought the Heat showed enough to be encouraged for the next game. But need to get Bam engaged and try to get Duncan/Hero going.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1338 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:07 am

I think there were some Finals jitters as well. Herro's TO's really came at a bad time and you could say, ignited LAL's run. But it wasn't just because of him obviously. Robinson looked like the 2018-19 Duncan out there.

At this point, I hope we just see maximum effort always like the 1stQ. It's the Finals ffs. If these guys need another wakeup call through a loss then something's wrong. During the C's series, we used to call out either Crowder or Butler for not fully showing up and ironically it was them who kinda did decent last night. But before we talk about that, I think the injuries are what's bothering me as a fan right now. Because I have no doubt we'll bounce back with a better showing the next games. But I really really hope there's no injury bugs to ruin it. Goran, Idk with him if he'll play again and I still don't trust Nunn to pick it up when the Lakers are not coasting on D due to the big lead. Let's see....
:hug:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1339 » by HIF » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:10 am

I hate Lebron.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to Miami Heat