Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#341 » by ShayDee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
ShayDee wrote:TPE and MLE should be used on Wings. We can get vet pgs and Cs for the min

Agreed. We need big wings

I'm curious who you (or anyone) like for a center at the minimum. As far as I know, these are all the FA centers.
Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

My stance might have changed a little bit. A min C might not be enough, because min Cs are bad offensively. If we get a bad offensive C we aren't winning in this league anymore. The C has to be able to shoot, at least from mid range. If not zone D will kill us.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#342 » by Hopper15 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 pm

I'm curious who you (or anyone) like for a center at the minimum. As far as I know, these are all the FA centers.
Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

A list of vet min PGs should yield similar results.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#343 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:59 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
ShayDee wrote:TPE and MLE should be used on Wings. We can get vet pgs and Cs for the min

Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

I think Hartenstein is the only one of those that has played meaningful minutes in the last two years. Everyone else on that list is pretty much out of the league.

From sportrac, I see

Whiteside
Gasol
Biyombo
Tristan Thompson
Ian Mahinmi
Mason Plumlee
Myers Leonard
Aaron Baynes

That's just a few of them, I'm working so gotta run, but the list isn't that depressing

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#344 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

I think Hartenstein is the only one of those that has played meaningful minutes in the last two years. Everyone else on that list is pretty much out of the league.

From sportrac, I see

Whiteside
Gasol
Biyombo
Tristan Thompson
Ian Mahinmi
Mason Plumlee
Myers Leonard
Aaron Baynes

That's just a few of them, I'm working so gotta run, but the list isn't that depressing

Yeah, that looks much better. I was kind of surprised not to see Hilton Armstrong on the first list, considering who else was on it......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#345 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:43 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

From sportrac, I see

Whiteside
Gasol
Biyombo
Tristan Thompson
Ian Mahinmi
Mason Plumlee
Myers Leonard
Aaron Baynes

Yeah, that looks much better. I was kind of surprised not to see Hilton Armstrong on the first list, considering who else was on it......

I'd have taken current day Biedrins over most of those guys too.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#346 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:20 am

xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

I don’t see any minimum salary centers I like tbh. I would use TPE and minimums on wings and the MLE on a big.

Seems like you can get quality wings on minimums like Justin Holiday, GRIII, Alec Burks, Bazemore, to name a few. I mean Trey Burke was a a steal for the Mavericks at backup scoring point guard.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#347 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:24 am

How much are minimum contracts anyways for next season? I’m still on my Austin Rivers watch. Solid backup point guard with scoring threat.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#348 » by Warriorfan » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:51 am

cdubbz wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Updated 7-20-20

Marques Bolden
DeMarcus Cousins
Deyonta Davis
Pau Gasol
Marcin Gortat
Isaiah Hartenstein
Amir Johnson
Eric Mika
Nene
Jason Smith
Marreese Speights
Thomas Welsh

I don’t see any minimum salary centers I like tbh. I would use TPE and minimums on wings and the MLE on a big.

Seems like you can get quality wings on minimums like Justin Holiday, GRIII, Alec Burks, Bazemore, to name a few. I mean Trey Burke was a a steal for the Mavericks at backup scoring point guard.

Cuz has the highest ceiling as a bench vet scorer and rebounder as MLE.

Criss, Looney, Cuz is good enough C rotation
TPE and Draft will bring in wings
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#349 » by killmongrel » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:55 am

I would use the TPE for James Johnson and then use his salary later on to trade for a player we actually want. His 16m salary, with fillers can get us close to players like Harrison Barnes or LMA. I names those two because their teams are more likely to trade them as long as we attach a good asset to them. Imagine getting those type of guys without giving up both our lottery picks or even Wiggins.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#350 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:56 pm

The C position is going to be a balance between who will take the vet min, who demands more but not more than the TPMLE, and what wings are interested in the Warriors and what they will cost. If good wings want to come I suspect the Warriors will pick from the vet min centers.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#351 » by cdubbz » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:59 am

killmongrel wrote:I would use the TPE for James Johnson and then use his salary later on to trade for a player we actually want. His 16m salary, with fillers can get us close to players like Harrison Barnes or LMA. I names those two because their teams are more likely to trade them as long as we attach a good asset to them. Imagine getting those type of guys without giving up both our lottery picks or even Wiggins.

Goos option for sure. When can Johnson be traded? Just don’t want to have to re evaluate chemistry halfway through season.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#352 » by killmongrel » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:07 am

cdubbz wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I would use the TPE for James Johnson and then use his salary later on to trade for a player we actually want. His 16m salary, with fillers can get us close to players like Harrison Barnes or LMA. I names those two because their teams are more likely to trade them as long as we attach a good asset to them. Imagine getting those type of guys without giving up both our lottery picks or even Wiggins.

Goos option for sure. When can Johnson be traded? Just don’t want to have to re evaluate chemistry halfway through season.
I'm not sure and hoping somebody on this board who is smarter at this stuff chime in. But I read that we can trade for him and trade him before the draft.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#353 » by BW32 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:12 am

Nobody is taking a Johnson level talent for free in the covid economy, not a single team with capspace would take that guy for free and it wouldn't cost any of those cap teams even remotely close to what it would cost Lacob.

If you had a deal agreed upon at draft time sure but trading for a guy in the hopes to land a deal is completely unrealistic. Also LOL at attaching assets to get Harrison Barnes, you should be getting assets for taking Harrison Barnes and for taking James Johnson.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#354 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:34 am

BW32 wrote:Nobody is taking a Johnson level talent for free in the covid economy, not a single team with capspace would take that guy for free and it wouldn't cost any of those cap teams even remotely close to what it would cost Lacob.

If you had a deal agreed upon at draft time sure but trading for a guy in the hopes to land a deal is completely unrealistic. Also LOL at attaching assets to get Harrison Barnes, you should be getting assets for taking Harrison Barnes and for taking James Johnson.

I agree with this, Twolves need to add pick 17. But what's going to happen at the end of the day is they will use Johnsons contract for a trade with the #1 pick
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#355 » by TB » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:49 pm

I'm really starting to like Thad Young as a TPE option that wouldn't require giving up assets.

He's a really good PF that is capable of guarding 3s, 4s, and small ball 5s. If our bench forwards were Thad and Paschall we'd be in a very good spot.

And I think the versatility of Dray and Thad keep it from being redundant due to having Paschall. In fact, i think those 3 could all play together without a problem as the 3/4/5 next to splash bros.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#356 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:16 pm

TB wrote:I'm really starting to like Thad Young as a TPE option that wouldn't require giving up assets.

He's a really good PF that is capable of guarding 3s, 4s, and small ball 5s. If our bench forwards were Thad and Paschall we'd be in a very good spot.

And I think the versatility of Dray and Thad keep it from being redundant due to having Paschall. In fact, i think those 3 could all play together without a problem as the 3/4/5 next to splash bros.

I always liked Thad, but the age concerns me a bit and I wonder how he'd do having to switch onto 3's.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#357 » by TB » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:25 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
TB wrote:I'm really starting to like Thad Young as a TPE option that wouldn't require giving up assets.

I always liked Thad, but the age concerns me a bit and I wonder how he'd do having to switch onto 3's.

Ya I have the same age concerns, but for a TPE add for just the next year or two, he's basically right in the Curry/Dray/Klay age range.

I saw some stats that he was in the top 5 in minutes guarding the top players in the league. Guys like Giannis, Lebron, Siakam, Tatum, Jimmy etc types. I don't think he's a lockdown type, but I don't think we'd have a problem with doing a "switch everything" scheme with him on the floor. He wouldn't get embarrassed on the perimeter any more than a guy like Covington or Millsap.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#358 » by xdrta+ » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:39 pm

Are the Bulls trying to dump his $13.5M salary? The following year is only partially guaranteed ($6M).
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#359 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:19 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Are the Bulls trying to dump his $13.5M salary? The following year is only partially guaranteed ($6M).

I think they are trying to dump him, Sato and Felicio. Thad disappointed heavily last year when he played. I kept tabs on the lottery teams believe it or not(cuz I think it's more fun than playoff teams). He was almost non existent for the bulls, didn't shoot the 3 well, not that good at defense. Maybe because bulls were not good and he got paid

Sato was also not good, at all. His efficiency dipped from Wizards days and he wasn't really good at offense, passing was a bit ok though
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#360 » by Hopper15 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:00 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Golden State Warriors