ImageImageImage

What is Jayson Tatum's ceiling?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Re: What is Jayson Tatum's ceiling? 

Post#901 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:04 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
rd26 wrote:Beal would almost certainly cost JB. Not sure how I feel about that

There’s definitely pros and cons to it, and I know most Celtics fans probably wouldn’t do it, but Beal would make life infinitely easier on Tatum offensively, plus they’d love to play together. I don’t know if I’d do it, but I’d strongly consider.

Then bring in Giles, let Tatum play with his best friend in the league, who just happens to have real upside.

Be hard but if Jaylen doesn’t make the all star game next year - I think people need to come to grips with....he’s a really good player whose never going to be an all star or star and that’s ok. 24 or not it’s gonna be then going into year 6. Hopefully he does because he improved a lot this year so I’m rooting for him but we will see.

Beal is a player with perennial all star potential.

Tatum and brown will make the all star game next season. Tatum being the starter and at least second team all nba.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#902 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:08 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
There’s definitely pros and cons to it, and I know most Celtics fans probably wouldn’t do it, but Beal would make life infinitely easier on Tatum offensively, plus they’d love to play together. I don’t know if I’d do it, but I’d strongly consider.

Then bring in Giles, let Tatum play with his best friend in the league, who just happens to have real upside.

Be hard but if Jaylen doesn’t make the all star game next year - I think people need to come to grips with....he’s a really good player whose never going to be an all star or star and that’s ok. 24 or not it’s gonna be then going into year 6. Hopefully he does because he improved a lot this year so I’m rooting for him but we will see.

Tatum and brown will make the all star game next season. Tatum being the starter and at least second team all nba.

Ya I have zero doubts ab tatum lol
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#903 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:09 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I have zero doubts about brown too tbh
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#904 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:14 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

Nice. We will see I think being an all star is far from a lock especially with KD returning in the East
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#905 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:17 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Nice. We will see I think being an all star is far from a lock especially with KD returning in the East

Considering brown is a backcourt player and kd is a front court player it doesn’t really matter

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#906 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:18 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

Considering brown is a backcourt player and kd is a front court player it doesn’t really matter

And whose spot is he taking in the back court
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#907 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:21 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Kemba or lowrys spot

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#908 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:21 pm

Jimmy butler, Tatum, Trae young, possibly kemba, kyrie, beal better chance,
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#909 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:22 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

Kemba or lowrys spot

Nope. Kyrie or beal could easily have better chances than brown
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#910 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:23 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Kemba or lowrys spot

Work on your reading comprehension brother. You’re a fine poster but your bizarre Brown hate is kind of wack.

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#911 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:25 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Kemba or lowrys spot

Work on your reading comprehension brother. You’re a fine poster but your bizarre Brown hate is kind of wack.

Hate is rooting against him to be proven right. I root for him hoping to be wrong. Love to be wrong. Pray I am. He was much better this year. Year 5 no all star game
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#912 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:26 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Jimmy butler, Tatum, Trae young, possibly kemba, kyrie, beal better chance,

Middleton, Lowry, FVV, Simmons, LaVine are all candidates too. If Kemba takes a step back and Hayward is no longer on the team, Brown has a better chance since his numbers will go up even more. All-Star voting is more about numbers and popularity as All-NBA is more about impact and winning. All-NBA is what he should aspire for tbh.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#913 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:26 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Kemba or lowrys spot

So kyrie won’t be an all star in the back court of the East? where’s my comprehension wrong
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#914 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:27 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Jimmy butler, Tatum, Trae young, possibly kemba, kyrie, beal better chance,

Middleton, Lowry, FVV, Simmons, LaVine are all candidates too. If Kemba takes a step back and Hayward is no longer on the team, Brown has a better chance since his numbers will go up even more. All-Star voting is more about numbers and popularity as All-NBA is more about impact and winning. All-NBA is what he should aspire for tbh.

Yup....but those luxury tax team quotes translate to me as Hayward is back- which def hurts brown even if slightly it hurts him
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#915 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:34 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

So kyrie won’t be an all star in the back court of the East? where’s my comprehension wrong

1. All I said was that Brown and Tatum are going to be all stars. I’m not sure why you’re naming random guards and forwards to disprove me. Whether he makes it as a starter or as the 12th man, I have confidence he’s making it next year. That is where your reading comprehension failed you.

2. You’re clearly grasping at straw when you included both Tatum and KD as evidence that Brown won’t make the all star team. They’re not even in the same voting bracket. I’d argue that trying to include guards like Beal and Lavine (who won’t even sniff the ASG unless they are a top 6 seed) is equally bad.

3. I’m predicting that the C’s will grab a top 3 spot next year and be rewarded with 2 asg spots. Kemba is declining and Jaylen will take his spot, along with Tatum.

Anyway, maybe I was too harsh by calling you a hater, but I’m so **** tired of this board. I’m a Celtic fan, I wish people would let me be optimistic about my young players without having to type an essay to justify my hope and prediction. It’s the **** offseason.

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#916 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:37 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

1. All I said was that Brown and Tatum are going to be all stars. I’m not sure why you’re naming random guards and forwards to disprove me. Whether he makes it as a starter or as the 12th man, I have confidence he’s making it next year. That is where your reading comprehension failed you.

2. You’re clearly grasping at straw when you included both Tatum and KD as evidence that Brown won’t make the all star team. They’re not even in the same voting bracket. I’d argue that trying to include guards like Beal and Lavine (who won’t even sniff the ASG unless they are a top 6 seed) is equally bad.

3. I’m predicting that the C’s will grab a top 3 spot next year and be rewarded with 2 asg spots. Kemba is declining and Jaylen will take his spot, along with Tatum.

Anyway, maybe I was too harsh by calling you a hater, but I’m so **** tired of this board. I’m a Celtic fan, I wish people would let me be optimistic about my young players without having to type an essay to justify my hope and prediction. It’s the **** offseason.

Take a breathe man.....we’re both Celtics fans. Celts w a top 3 spot should happen (nets bucks celtcs). my point with saying KD is that his return will bump other people out even if they are in different brackets so a good player won’t make the asg who did this year making criteria harder.

Beal being an all star is much higher of a chance than brown but we can agree to disagree. Kemba will be an all star imo too so tatum and kemba again.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach

Post#917 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:46 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Take a breathe man.....we’re both Celtics fans. Celts w a top 3 spot should happen (nets bucks celtcs). my point with saying KD is that his return will bump other people out even if they are in different brackets so a good player won’t make the asg who did this year making criteria harder.

Beal being an all star is much higher of a chance than brown but we can agree to disagree. Kemba will be an all star imo too so tatum and kemba again.

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#918 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:48 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#919 » by jfs1000d » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:49 pm

Tatum...mvp candidate. 1st team all nba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rd26
Junior
And1: 592

Post#920 » by rd26 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:50 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

I agree with this, if everybody is healthy and the Celtics get 2 all stars, JB gets Kembas spot going forward, as he should.

Return to Boston Celtics