ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Re: Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks 

Post#41 » by VanWest82 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 9:34 pm

There's something about Wiseman looking like bigger/stronger Bosh 2.0 that makes me think twice. I'm pretty sure our core guys are untouchable but who knows.

Edit: the deal that's staring us in the face is Lowry + OG for Wiggins + #2 (assuming Wiseman is available). That might not be equal value and maybe Wiggins is a non-starter anyway. It'd help both teams readjust their timelines. No doubt many here will argue OG > Wiseman. I might even too but if you think he's someone who can guard full court and score 20 ppg then he's worth more than OG.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#42 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:14 pm

VanWest82 wrote:There's something about Wiseman looking like bigger/stronger Bosh 2.0 that makes me think twice. I'm pretty sure our core guys are untouchable but who knows.

Edit: the deal that's staring us in the face is Lowry + OG for Wiggins + #2 (assuming Wiseman is available). That might not be equal value and maybe Wiggins is a non-starter anyway. It'd help both teams readjust their timelines. No doubt many here will argue OG > Wiseman. I might even too but if you think he's someone who can guard full court and score 20 ppg then he's worth more than OG.

Replace OG with McCaw and we consider it...
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Post#43 » by VanWest82 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:18 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:There's something about Wiseman looking like bigger/stronger Bosh 2.0 that makes me think twice. I'm pretty sure our core guys are untouchable but who knows.

Replace OG with McCaw and we consider it...

I posted it on the trade board and even Warriors fans thought it was lopsided. Someone else suggested John Collins for Wiggins + #2 and was similarly shot down. Wiggins is too toxic. OG might not be worth #2 on his own.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#44 » by LJKO » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:58 pm

I stated i'd give Pascal a chance to redeem himself but if Masai can then he should try to trade Pascal for Wiggins + #2. As much as I don't like Wiggins defense but maybe a change of environment like playing for his hometown he'd play harder?

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#45 » by YelloC » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:35 am

mademan wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:depends on if masai and co. like any of them, if they really like lamelo then go for it

Lamelo sucks. You can get RJ Hampton in the 20's and he's as good of a prospect as Ball is. Theyre both projects

I feel like that Rokas kid could end up as good or better. I’m not sure if I’d want a member of the Ball family around this team’s culture. Not worth the hassle.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,771

Post#46 » by Zeno » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:58 am

LJKO wrote:I stated i'd give Pascal a chance to redeem himself but if Masai can then he should try to trade Pascal for Wiggins + #2. As much as I don't like Wiggins defense but maybe a change of environment like playing for his hometown he'd play harder?

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

I know people are down on Pascal but he was an all-star starter last season. Pascal for Wiggins, 2 and Minny’s 2021 is the minimum I’d consider. Wiggins is a negative asset so probably requiring a late lotto to take on alone. Then Pascal’s value is at least high lotto Pick plus. OG for 2 is also fair. But Unless Masai and co love someone, I wouldn’t do either of those.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#47 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:33 am

Raps in 4 wrote:Masai doesn't need a top pick. We'll draft a better player than the Wolves in the second round.
like Bruno ? :lol:
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#48 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:02 am

LJKO wrote:I stated i'd give Pascal a chance to redeem himself but if Masai can then he should try to trade Pascal for Wiggins + #2. As much as I don't like Wiggins defense but maybe a change of environment like playing for his hometown he'd play harder?

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

All indications were that Paskal was playing great and trending upwards almost an entire season. Then he is basically out of basketball completely for 3 to 4 months and the bubble oddity happens like Summer league. You are going to bestow upon on him your personal "second chance"? Stateside media are always critical of players that struggle in the playoffs but these were the Gitmo zoom call fan-less Wonderful World of Disney *playoffs". No way I judge anything from this exhibition other than effort.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#49 » by StopitLeo » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:51 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

All indications were that Paskal was playing great and trending upwards almost an entire season. Then he is basically out of basketball completely for 3 to 4 months and the bubble oddity happens like Summer league. You are going to bestow upon on him your personal "second chance"? Stateside media are always critical of players that struggle in the playoffs but these were the Gitmo zoom call fan-less Wonderful World of Disney *playoffs". No way I judge anything from this exhibition other than effort.

I completely agree. The effort was there with his defensive play given his offensive struggles and that shows a lot about him as a player. I can't believe people are ready to bail on him - and for Wiggins and an unknown #2 pick?

The 2nd overall pick rarely becomes an elite player. Since the 2000 draft, the 2nd overall pick has become an All-Star only 6 times (I'll even say 7 and include Ja Morant) with 3 of those guys being named All-NBA. In two cases the player should have been selected first overall - LaMarcus Aldridge (damn you Colangelo!) and Kevin Durant.

I'm going to bet on Pascal, who has already proven himself to be an All-Star, over that #2 becoming better than him in the next 1-2 seasons.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#50 » by nabbs » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:07 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

I completely agree. The effort was there with his defensive play given his offensive struggles and that shows a lot about him as a player. I can't believe people are ready to bail on him - and for Wiggins and an unknown #2 pick?

The 2nd overall pick rarely becomes an elite player. Since the 2000 draft, the 2nd overall pick has become an All-Star only 6 times (I'll even say 7 and include Ja Morant) with 3 of those guys being named All-NBA. In two cases the player should have been selected first overall - LaMarcus Aldridge (damn you Colangelo!) and Kevin Durant.

I'm going to bet on Pascal, who has already proven himself to be an All-Star, over that #2 becoming better than him in the next 1-2 seasons.

Even if he comes back with a more refined handle, it's over for these modern 4s. The handle will unlock everything else. I believe in a guy like Pascal.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#51 » by North_of_Border » Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:38 pm

hey as long as it does not make Giannis sign elsewhere, get it done.
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#52 » by Morse Code » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:29 pm

nabbs wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Even if he comes back with a more refined handle, it's over for these modern 4s. The handle will unlock everything else. I believe in a guy like Pascal.

Do you believe in “a guy like Pascal” or do you believe in Pascal? Hate to be that dude, I just hate that phrase.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,126

Post#53 » by Chandan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:52 am

tdotrep2 wrote:depends on if masai and co. like any of them, if they really like lamelo then go for it

lol no one should like lamelo THAT much.
we had a "tall" point guard named Delon. He wasn't lacking creativity either. It's a different beast playing against NBA competition.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#54 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:12 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Masai doesn't need a top pick. We'll draft a better player than the Wolves in the second round.
like Bruno ? :lol:

Bruno wouldn't be a bad pick up on this open market so careful there soldier. Would we bite twice? Unlikely but I wouldn't flame that draft selection.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,441

Post#55 » by KrazyP » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Predicting the strength or weakness of a draft is a crapshoot/fools game.

The 2014 Wiggins draft was suppose to be loaded with all-stars (remember tank nation?) and it turned out to be complete trash.

The 2011 draft was suppose to have no high end talent outside of Irving and it produced Kawhi, Kemba, Butler and Klay.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#56 » by 720 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

Wisemans gonna be a bust.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,004

Post#57 » by ItsDanger » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:53 pm

As time passes, this draft feels like the 2006 draft. Landmines everywhere.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#58 » by SpaceCenter » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:10 pm

icoholic wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:Siakam for Wiggins and pick

:crazy:

If Wiggins plays for the Warriors next year that is a trade you'll have wished you'd done. Wiggins is going to have his best season yet next year with Thompson/Curry back, i'd put money on it.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#59 » by SpaceCenter » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:11 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Lowry/FVV/TD
Wiggins/Norm/SJ
OG/Thomas/Watson
Wiseman
Ibaka/Boucher

Wiggins defense has improved a lot in the last year or so.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#60 » by FreshyFlames » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 am

SpaceCenter wrote:
icoholic wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:Siakam for Wiggins and pick

:crazy:

If Wiggins plays for the Warriors next year that is a trade you'll have wished you'd done. Wiggins is going to have his best season yet next year with Thompson/Curry back, i'd put money on it.

Nobody will wish we should have done that trade unless the splash bros were coming with him.
Raps in 6ix

Return to Toronto Raptors