ImageImageImage

COVID -19 WARNINGS

Moderator: ijspeelman

will you isolate for most part a few weeks until more details emerge?

yes
40%
no
20%
can't
10%
already did it
30%
if it's here I already got it anyway probably so no
No votes

Total votes: 10

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: COVID -19 WARNINGS 

Post#81 » by Stillwater » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:05 pm

yep the gov is def not believable about this virus with their wishy washy stances lately. Clearly the cdc is being pressured by the current admin to make it seem less catastrophic then it actually is, which is pretty sad since that must only mean there are a lot of fools still thinking its not that bad since they live somewhere where nobody ever leaves the farm or something...or worse they refuse to get tested refuse to wear masks and continue to believe without symptoms they must be ok not a carrier or risk to others and the virus is a lie etc etc.
I am not surprised anymore at any of the bs responses I see from the top given the mishandling of it has been the driver of so many added cases
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#82 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:yep the gov is def not believable about this virus with their wishy washy stances lately. Clearly the cdc is being pressured by the current admin to make it seem less catastrophic then it actually is, which is pretty sad since that must only mean there are a lot of fools still thinking its not that bad since they live somewhere where nobody ever leaves the farm or something...or worse they refuse to get tested refuse to wear masks and continue to believe without symptoms they must be ok not a carrier or risk to others and the virus is a lie etc etc.
I am not surprised anymore at any of the bs responses I see from the top given the mishandling of it has been the driver of so many added cases

It's not terribly different from when the Woodrow Wilson administration downplayed the Flu pandemic of 1918 because it would decrease morale during WWI.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#83 » by Stillwater » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 pm

anytime a administration makes claims they concealed the risk of something for the greater good to supposedly avoid a panic its always only after being caught in said lie and should never be believed again for any reason, and in this case it was all about trying to avoid market turmoil and pretend things were better than they are in an election year...I think the complete lack of empathy for the "pawns" aka " public" clearly was the root cause that signed the death warrant of hundreds of thousands of Americans.This man does not care about anyone but himself and trying to claim he did it for America only means he sees America as a financial institution not a country of people trying to survive a deadly virus
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#84 » by JonFromVA » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 pm

The problem is that downplaying the problem prevents work on solutions that would have saved lives and causes people to take risks that cost lives.

Financially speaking a short controlled shutdown would have gotten the virus under control.

Trump's response has resulted in American deaths on scale with the Civil War and WW2.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#85 » by Stillwater » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:18 am

this is so depressing: “We found to our dismay that a number of individuals who have completely recovered and apparently are asymptomatic, when they have sensitive imaging technologies, such as magnetic resonance, imaging, or MRI, have found to have a disturbing number of individuals who have inflammation of the heart,” Fauci said.
full article :https://bgr.com/2020/09/28/coronavirus-symptoms-heart-damage-fauci-update/
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#86 » by JonFromVA » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:this is so depressing: “We found to our dismay that a number of individuals who have completely recovered and apparently are asymptomatic, when they have sensitive imaging technologies, such as magnetic resonance, imaging, or MRI, have found to have a disturbing number of individuals who have inflammation of the heart,” Fauci said.
full article :https://bgr.com/2020/09/28/coronavirus-symptoms-heart-damage-fauci-update/

What's frustrating to me is the medical community became concerned about long-term heart problems at least as early as April. They had actual evidence by the end of July in 76% of cases they looked at. And now finally Fauci is talking about it?

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/how-does-covid-19-affect-the-heart/

"For many people who present with heart failure in the context of COVID-19 infection, we don't know if the heart failure is related to myocarditis or to a response to systemic inflammation from COVID-19," says Dr. Cooper.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/covid19-concerns-about-lasting-heart-damage/

One study examined the cardiac MRIs of 100 people who had recovered from Covid-19 and compared them to heart images from 100 people who were similar but not infected with the virus. Their average age was 49 and two-thirds of the patients had recovered at home. More than two months later, infected patients were more likely to have troubling cardiac signs than people in the control group: 78 patients showed structural changes to their hearts, 76 had evidence of a biomarker signaling cardiac injury typically found after a heart attack, and 60 had signs of inflammation.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#87 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 2, 2020 9:55 pm

in case you haven't heard... the president of the united states now has the coronavirus and is headed to the walter reed medical center where he will likely be put on a ventilator and tbh I have zero sympathy for him given his ignorance regarding this tragedy of a pandemic and his behavior continues to be replicated by so many who were listening to and watching him without scrutiny.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-be-transported-to-walter-reed-hospital-after-covid-19-diagnosis/ar-BB19Eq8w?OCID=ansmsnnews11
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#88 » by JonFromVA » Sat Oct 3, 2020 3:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:in case you haven't heard... the president of the united states now has the coronavirus and is headed to the walter reed medical center where he will likely be put on a ventilator and tbh I have zero sympathy for him given his ignorance regarding this tragedy of a pandemic and his behavior continues to be replicated by so many who were listening to and watching him without scrutiny.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-be-transported-to-walter-reed-hospital-after-covid-19-diagnosis/ar-BB19Eq8w?OCID=ansmsnnews11

To be fair, he is living out his own solution to the pandemic. Slow the rate so we don't overwhelm the hospitals, use all the experimental treatments available so we get the full placebo effect, suffer the losses, and move on for the sake of the economy.

Frankly, I'm amazed how many people are willing to ignore science and just do what's convenient for them.

Even with Trump in the hospital, people who've been in contact with him are just going out, getting their tests and ignoring the fact that not only can test test fail but they can still come up positive 12 days later.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#89 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:08 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:in case you haven't heard... the president of the united states now has the coronavirus and is headed to the walter reed medical center where he will likely be put on a ventilator and tbh I have zero sympathy for him given his ignorance regarding this tragedy of a pandemic and his behavior continues to be replicated by so many who were listening to and watching him without scrutiny.

To be fair, he is living out his own solution to the pandemic. Slow the rate so we don't overwhelm the hospitals, use all the experimental treatments available so we get the full placebo effect, suffer the losses, and move on for the sake of the economy.

Frankly, I'm amazed how many people are willing to ignore science and just do what's convenient for them.

Even with Trump in the hospital, people who've been in contact with him are just going out, getting their tests and ignoring the fact that not only can test test fail but they can still come up positive 12 days later.

he did nothing to slow the rate of this pandemic
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#90 » by JonFromVA » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

he did nothing to slow the rate of this pandemic

We're fortunate that few people actually follow what Trump says literally (often not even his cabinet), but we don't need to make this thread political. Even though it only has 461 views, it would probably still get locked.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#91 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:58 pm

^ the reality is politics had a lot to do with this current presidents action or lack there of regarding this pandemic and that in itself alone is more than enough reason to hope he is dismissed.
Everything that has transpired recently and the lack of transparency from the WH is based on a potential national security nightmare:

"The fallout spread swiftly over the weekend, radiating outward from the president. More than a half-dozen White House aides, Republican lawmakers and senior operatives have also tested positive for the novel coronavirus after flouting health protocols at public events, triggering panic in quarters of the West Wing and forcing the Senate to shut its doors to prevent further spread."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/national-security-experts-describe-a-distracted-and-potentially-vulnerable-country/2020/10/04/54f31870-05e2-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#92 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:30 am

So I'm going to lock this as it's becoming political and fans usually come here to escape politics. This should not be viewed as me disagreeing with what's been written. I don't.

Feel free to start a new thread if there are public service announcements, particularly related to Cuyahoga County, that folks would benefit from reviewing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers