A CP3 trade...

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

A CP3 trade... 

Post#1 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

It seems like it is just a matter of time before CP3 is sent to his next destination and it seems like the Knicks won't be out bid.

When Presti gets a GM in a corner it could be debilitating for these teams in the future.

What is the most important item in a CP3 to the Knicks trade.

What I want are pick swaps! As many Knicks FRP that I can get my hands on the better.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: A CP3 trade... 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 am

I’m personally knot that interested in most of their young guys besides barret and he’s not really attainable. So I would want future assets.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#3 » by spearsy23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Moot point, Paul is not going to want to go play on that Knicks team. Presti isn't going to trade him somewhere be doesn't want to go.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
mr570
Senior
And1: 292

Post#4 » by mr570 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Yeah I feel like Paul isn't ending up with the Knicks. I think some crazy three team trade could end up happening with a franchise like them though.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#5 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:19 pm

Which NBA team says no?

OKC Thunder get Jarrett Culver, Josh Richardson, James Johnson & the 17th Pick.

Minnesota Timberwolves get Ben Simmons & 21st draft pick.

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans & 1st overall draft pick.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#6 » by jake_swivel » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:41 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Image

Which NBA team says no?

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans & 1st overall draft pick.

Heh, so you’re a twolves fan, eh? :)
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#7 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:53 pm

Why does it feel like that virtually everyone is devaluing the financial aspect of moving CP3 to the Knicks? How much is saving $40M worth to ownership/Presti? I think they can't ask for much in the way of "future assets." Maybe some 2nds or pick swaps but that is about all I can see.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#8 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:14 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Image

Which NBA team says no?

Heh, so you’re a twolves fan, eh? :)

So do you like the trade for the Thunder? OKC gets an expiring $16 million in Johnson so they have cash to play in the 2021 big free agent class. Culver starts next to Shai in the starting lineup. He was a top 5 draft pick last year. Josh Richardson your starting 3. The 17th pick in this years draft. And you get rid of Chris Paul’s 3 years 120 million remaining.

That’s a win win for OKC.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by jake_swivel » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:43 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:So do you like the trade for the Thunder? OKC gets an expiring $16 million in Johnson so they have cash to play in the 2021 big free agent class. Culver starts next to Shai in the starting lineup. He was a top 5 draft pick last year. Josh Richardson your starting 3. The 17th pick in this years draft. And you get rid of Chris Paul’s 3 years 120 million remaining.

Paul has two years and 80 million left. Culver hasn’t shown anything and his former draft position isn’t super relevant. I’d probably do it without including a pick. It made me chuckle that you have Ben Simmons AND a pick going back to the wolves. I sincerely doubt philly would be interested.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#10 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:00 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:So do you like the trade for the Thunder? OKC gets an expiring $16 million in Johnson so they have cash to play in the 2021 big free agent class. Culver starts next to Shai in the starting lineup. He was a top 5 draft pick last year. Josh Richardson your starting 3. The 17th pick in this years draft. And you get rid of Chris Paul’s 3 years 120 million remaining.

Paul has two years and 80 million left. Culver hasn’t shown anything and his former draft position isn’t super relevant. I’d probably do it without including a pick. It made me chuckle that you have Ben Simmons AND a pick going back to the wolves. I sincerely doubt philly would be interested.

Jarrett Culver showed last season, he has great size, excellent motor, above average defender and a great worth ethic. All reports out of the team training camp bubble is that he has reworked his shot and has added about 5-10lbs of muscle.

The pick MN is receiving is from Philly who owns OKC's pick from Denver.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by jake_swivel » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:03 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Jarrett Culver showed last season, he has great size, excellent motor, above average defender and a great worth ethic. All reports out of the team training camp bubble is that he has reworked his shot and has added about 5-10lbs of muscle.

Gotcha on the pick. I’d forgotten. In that case, I REALLY doubt philly would be into it.

I don’t think culver has the value you think he does. That he’s reworking his shot isn’t really a benefit. It’s an acknowledgement of a 29% 3 point shooting liability.

Regardless, the wolves getting a pick and Ben seems like overkill. I think it’s more likely they’d trade with okc directly, and deal Ben in a separate deal to balance the roster.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#12 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:11 am

jake_swivel wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Jarrett Culver showed last season, he has great size, excellent motor, above average defender and a great worth ethic. All reports out of the team training camp bubble is that he has reworked his shot and has added about 5-10lbs of muscle.

Gotcha on the pick. I’d forgotten. In that case, I REALLY doubt philly would be into it.

I don’t think culver has the value you think he does. That he’s reworking his shot isn’t really a benefit. It’s an acknowledgement of a 29% 3 point shooting liability.

Regardless, the wolves getting a pick and Ben seems like overkill. I think it’s more likely they’d trade with okc directly, and deal Ben in a separate deal to balance the roster.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Culver has tremendous work ethic which is why the Wolves were so high on him when he took Texas Tech to the final 4.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 3, 2020 1:28 pm

At this point Culver's value isn't based on what he's doing in a practice gym or what he did at Texas Tech. Andre Roberson could rain threes and free throws in practice. I do like Culver and think this value is fine for OKC. This is partly because I still like J Rich and think he could be a guy that OKC gets good value for by trading him to a contender. This is pretty rough for Philly.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#14 » by slicedbread2 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 2:52 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:At this point Culver's value isn't based on what he's doing in a practice gym or what he did at Texas Tech. Andre Roberson could rain threes and free throws in practice. I do like Culver and think this value is fine for OKC. This is partly because I still like J Rich and think he could be a guy that OKC gets good value for by trading him to a contender. This is pretty rough for Philly.

The only way I could see Philly getting on board with this is if they get something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4ho9e8s

The only other way I could see Philly going for this is if they could find a way to land Bradley Beal by flipping the 1st plus futures and young players for him though I don't think Washington will bite due to Ted Leonsis insisting on them trying for the playoffs in spite of the fact that John Wall is a huge question mark at this stage of his career.

This trade seems somewhat more realistic as they shed Horford's deal which makes the deal somewhat palatable. Plus Al can be the stopgap for OKC while they move Adams plus they can flip J-Rich for more assets.

Then again, Philly's management is a walking clown show that finds new ways to face plant themselves so anything's possible.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#15 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:26 pm

getrichordie wrote:Why does it feel like that virtually everyone is devaluing the financial aspect of moving CP3 to the Knicks? How much is saving $40M worth to ownership/Presti? I think they can't ask for much in the way of "future assets." Maybe some 2nds or pick swaps but that is about all I can see.

I dont see why the Knicks would do it.

Knicks are rebuilding. No need to take on that salary.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#16 » by cjmcallist » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:00 pm

getrichordie wrote:Why does it feel like that virtually everyone is devaluing the financial aspect of moving CP3 to the Knicks? How much is saving $40M worth to ownership/Presti? I think they can't ask for much in the way of "future assets." Maybe some 2nds or pick swaps but that is about all I can see.

I'm coming around to this. If it ends up being immediate cap space, I'm far more interested.

I feel differently about 2021. It's the year that everyone has been gearing up for, it feels less valuable next year.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#17 » by getrichordie » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:08 pm

If anyone thinks CP3 is bringing back Culver, I have a bridge to sell you.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#18 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:37 am

According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor

The trouble is that Oklahoma City likely prefers not to take on long-term salary, so a third team could be required. The Bucks would likely face competition in any pursuit of Paul.

League sources say the Sixers front office has seriously debated the idea of chasing CP3.

Which NBA teams says no?

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans, & No. 1 Overall Draft Pick.

Philly 76ers starting lineup:
CP3, Thybulle, Harris, Horford, Embiid + Number 1 Overall Draft Pick.

Back ups - Milton, Evans, Korkas, Spellman, Pelle

Minnesota Timberwolves get Ben Simmons & 25th pick.

Timberwolves get Big 3: Karl Anthony Towns, DLo Russell, & Ben Simmons.

OKC Thunder get Josh Richardson, James Johnson, Mike Scott, 17th pick & 33rd pick.

Thunder pair Josh Richardson next to Shai. Stevan Adams, James Johnson, & Mike Scott all expiring 44 mil for 2021 superstar free agency class.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#19 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:50 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor

The trouble is that Oklahoma City likely prefers not to take on long-term salary, so a third team could be required. The Bucks would likely face competition in any pursuit of Paul.

League sources say the Sixers front office has seriously debated the idea of chasing CP3.

Which NBA teams says no?

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans, & No. 1 Overall Draft Pick.

Philly 76ers starting lineup:
CP3, Thybulle, Harris, Horford, Embiid + Number 1 Overall Draft Pick.

Back ups - Milton, Evans, Korkas, Spellman, Pelle

Minnesota Timberwolves get Ben Simmons & 25th pick.

Timberwolves get Big 3: Karl Anthony Towns, DLo Russell, & Ben Simmons.

OKC Thunder get Josh Richardson, James Johnson, Mike Scott, 17th pick & 33rd pick.

Thunder pair Josh Richardson next to Shai. Stevan Adams, James Johnson, & Mike Scott all expiring 44 mil for 2021 superstar free agency class.

Not good for Philly
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#20 » by Balkman32 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Would Morey trade for CP3 a year after trading him? He seems like he would be a prefect fit for them. I think Schroder on the 6ers makes sense with Chris as well. Morey has been willing to deal Future FRP. Presti seems to like those draft assets. This just seems to add up. The Thunder like sending guys to successful spots when they trade guys. Which I think is important to them as an organization and one of the many reasons guys have successful tenures with the Thunder.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder