ImageImageImage

If Lebron stayed how many more ships would we heat have won?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

How many ships?

18%
18%
18%
4%
4%
25%
14%

Total votes: 28

BigDocta898
Rookie
And1: 1,384

If Lebron stayed how many more ships would we heat have won? 

Post#1 » by BigDocta898 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:43 pm

How many ships ...Pat riley would of made a juggernaut I'm sure better than his Cavs teams
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Re: If Lebron stayed how many more ships would we heat have won? 

Post#2 » by Wiltside » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:00 am

Let’s be honest, he probably dodged a bullet. With the Bosh blood clots issues and his salary occupying a large portion of the cap, we’d have been hamstrung from making moves to improve the roster.

However, assume we still made the deal for Dragic at midseason we could’ve had:

Dragic
Wade
James
McBob? Shawne Williams?
Whiteside

We may have been able to get 1 more but the Dubs dynasty would’ve come for us regardless I’d say.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#3 » by goodboy » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:49 am

Hard to tell. We were closing in on signing Pau Gasol as well if James stayed. But I would say 1 more due to the GSW dynasty and Wade done and CBs clots.
Bright
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#4 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:55 am

Wiltside wrote:Let’s be honest, he probably dodged a bullet. With the Bosh blood clots issues and his salary occupying a large portion of the cap, we’d have been hamstrung from making moves to improve the roster.

Dragic
Wade
James
McBob? Shawne Williams?
Whiteside

We may have been able to get 1 more but the Dubs dynasty would’ve come for us regardless I’d say.

There were still FA’s lining up to come here until LeSnake stalled us out. Dragic is probably never traded here, he wouldnt be happy to stand in the corner and watch LeBron pound the rock.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#5 » by Wiltside » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:57 am

kobewade11 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Let’s be honest, he probably dodged a bullet. With the Bosh blood clots issues and his salary occupying a large portion of the cap, we’d have been hamstrung from making moves to improve the roster.

Dragic
Wade
James
McBob? Shawne Williams?
Whiteside

There were still FA’s lining up to come here until LeSnake stalled us out. Dragic is probably never traded here, he wouldnt be happy to stand in the corner and watch LeBron pound the rock.

A fair point. It's hard to tell who would've come here with the salary slots available, but fair to say we'd have ruled the East for the rest of the decade, which gives you chances to win the big one.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#6 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:43 am

I’m not sure the Heat would have won one due to Bosh’s health (as Wilt pointed out). Hard for a franchise to rebound from losing a player like that.
OP for NBA FT record
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#7 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:27 am

An NBA championship is a combination of ALOT of factors including drafting, health, luck, opponents, etc.

There's no way to know how the personal would have changed or how things would have developed.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#8 » by puppa bear » Sat Oct 3, 2020 1:59 am

I’d guess 1. We would have gotten Pau and probably another similar level player the next year.

Wade would have continued to decline, but the clots may have happened earlier or layer - never know on that one.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#9 » by carnageta » Sat Oct 3, 2020 10:52 am

Bosh or no Bosh, we still win in 2015 and 2016 imo.
Lebron single handledly took GS to 6 in 15’.. Wade was still elite during that time and would have put them over the top.

GS 17 and 18 I don’t think we beat with an aging Wade and no Bosh. Probably loses.

I think if Lebron stayed around 4 years from 2014-18 we would have won 2 more, making us 4/8 in an 8 year span.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#10 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:27 am

BigDocta898 wrote:How many ships ...Pat riley would of made a juggernaut I'm sure better than his Cavs teams

We were capped out with no real room to maneuver or add talent. We had just been exposed in the Finals. Wade was declining, and Bosh obviously was a ticking time bomb that no one could have predicted. Add to that the Lebron year to year hostage situations and the player agency that came with it, and I just don't see how it works out.

I don't think we win any more titles.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#11 » by HIF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:18 am

Screw Lebron. Didn't leave how he should have. Lost any respect I had for him then.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,000

Post#12 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:57 pm

i want 2011 back
he owes us
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#13 » by IggieCC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:11 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#14 » by dolphinatik » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:37 pm

Gut says at least 1 or two. we got a lot of growth because we left and changed strategy but with Lebata here maybe we go harder in free agency. Plus I think we still get Goran and Dragon + Lebron probably good enough to win. Lebron lacked shooting on his other teams.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#15 » by Shootit » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:28 pm

2 max.

Losing Bosh to clots would of hurt with LBJ but if we could of had guys like Gasol, then the sting wouldn't of been too bad.

But GSW of a few years ago would of beat this team with the older core.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#16 » by 3ballbomber » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 am

ZERO. Historically Lebron doesn't do well w/out an ultra stacked team. This is a guy who had already been swept in the finals. I mean look how much talent Miami needed to surround him w/ just to attain 2 titles :-? Keep in mind he needed to face a young, inexperienced Thunder team to finally get the monkey off his back & when you consider old spurs almost won 2013...imagine having a lesser team than what he had when he won 2 rings. He'd poop his pants, especially after Spurs ripped his heart out of his chest, crushing his soul & what was left of his confidence.

Also you think had Cavs not landed 5 top 5 picks, including 3 #1 picks while he was gone that he wld have been so quick to leave Miami & head back to Cleveland, disingenuously announcing the whole home coming narrative bs? He'd have either listened to Riley's & stayed or bolted to another stacked team.

Either way, it worked out for us. Once he left it started the rebuild process earlier, as he would have bolted eventually leaving us w/ nothing the way he did. It meant the process of retooling has gotten us to where we are today. & w/ Lebron just recently beating us it gives us further hunger & determination. Sometimes things work out in a strange way after facing bs & adversities.

We'll soon be able to make up for any lost titles....
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat