Post#641 » by PharmD » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:08 am

Saberestar wrote:

JFC inject this into my veins
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Re: Ricky Rubio news and highlights 

Post#642 » by PharmD » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:26 am

AND the video didn't even include 3 of the 4 Rubio pass gifs I made this season! Here they are:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#643 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:37 am

Jevon Carter could not do it, so they call Ricky...

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#644 » by Frank Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm

The chatter of trading Rubio and trying for FVAnV is ridiculous. I don’t see much of an upgrade if any, and it would only taint the reputation of the front office... We just inked him (RR)... Honor it.

First effing PG we’ve had since Dragic and some of y’all trade/FA infatuated ninnies are still not satisfied. Always wanting the shiny new toy.
What ? Me Worry ?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#645 » by Jedzz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:46 am

Frank Lee wrote:The chatter of trading Rubio and trying for FVAnV is ridiculous. I don’t see much of an upgrade if any, and it would only taint the reputation of the front office... We just inked him (RR)... Honor it.

First effing PG we’ve had since Dragic and some of y’all trade/FA infatuated ninnies are still not satisfied. Always wanting the shiny new toy.

Some people only follow teams that are constantly retooling rosters because it's not working. They get all their enjoyment from the trade scenarios of the offseasons. Often get quiet during the season, peaking again around the deadline.

Should keep him. Of course you could always trade him back to Minny, the fans would appreciate it. If you do, have Booker drive him up here. We promise not to steal him. :wink:
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#646 » by LesGrossman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:14 pm

He doesnt seem to be part of the Suns' long term plans, they never marketed him as part of their core, i guesss with 29 he's too old. Maybe a deal with the clippers would benefit both sides.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#647 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:20 pm

I love FVV but wouldn't do a trade, which is unlikely anyway. I haven't see anyone mention it in awhile, but Rubio was a huge part of our uptick in wins this year, setting the veteran tone with Baynes and him and Booker together worked (and I was worried it wouldn't).

FVV may get an excessive contract too, and he might be worth it, but we have what looks like a good thing going, so why screw it up?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#648 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:55 pm

LesGrossman wrote:He doesnt seem to be part of the Suns' long term plans, they never marketed him as part of their core, i guesss with 29 he's too old. Maybe a deal with the clippers would benefit both sides.

I think he has been treated really well on the Suns and everything indicates that he is gonna be on the team next year.
He got a nice $51M/3 years contract, so it's certain that he is highly valued by the FO.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#649 » by LesGrossman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Saberestar wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:He doesnt seem to be part of the Suns' long term plans, they never marketed him as part of their core, i guesss with 29 he's too old. Maybe a deal with the clippers would benefit both sides.

I think he has been treated really well on the Suns and everything indicates that he is gonna be on the team next year.
He got a nice $51M/3 years contract, so it's certain that he is highly valued by the FO.

Yeah but i read that they are looking for a starting PG in the draft...
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#650 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Yeah but i read that they are looking for a starting PG in the draft...

We do not know what the FO is looking for, it is all speculation and fans talking for now.

Obviously there will be some solid PGs available at #10 because PG is easily the deepest position in this draft. We are in need of better playmakers and shot creators, so all together makes sense to draft a PG...but no one is expecting that player to start over Rubio.

In the future...who knows?
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,157

Post#651 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:19 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I love FVV but wouldn't do a trade, which is unlikely anyway. I haven't see anyone mention it in awhile, but Rubio was a huge part of our uptick in wins this year, setting the veteran tone with Baynes and him and Booker together worked (and I was worried it wouldn't).

FVV may get an excessive contract too, and he might be worth it, but we have what looks like a good thing going, so why screw it up?

This. After a strong ending of the year the last thing we need is an overhaul at the PG position - unless we're somehow able to get a massive upgrade on a bargain.

Let Rubio man the helms another year bringing some stability at the PG position. Suns need a strong start of the year to help carry some momentum early and could use some consistency for a change after years of massive roster overhauls.
Spoiler:
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#652 » by GoodBehavior » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I love FVV but wouldn't do a trade, which is unlikely anyway. I haven't see anyone mention it in awhile, but Rubio was a huge part of our uptick in wins this year, setting the veteran tone with Baynes and him and Booker together worked (and I was worried it wouldn't).

This. After a strong ending of the year the last thing we need is an overhaul at the PG position - unless we're somehow able to get a massive upgrade on a bargain.

Let Rubio man the helms another year bringing some stability at the PG position. Suns need a strong start of the year to help carry some momentum early and could use some consistency for a change after years of massive roster overhauls.

You can play both (FVV and Rubio) until Rubio's contract expires. FVV is a very good defender. Rubio's defense has slip somewhat, but I think he can still guard secondary ball handler / SGs. Booker is physically closer to a small forward. Bridges off the bench. The power forward position is pretty iffy (maybe a Jae Crowder-like player or a Millsap). Ayton in the middle obviously.

You lose out defensively but offensively, you can overwhelm teams. Fast pace enough to offset the defensive limitations. You can minimize the defensive limitation by playing zone against some of the better player. I think Rubio and Booker will do very well in a zone defense scheme.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#653 » by Dual » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:57 pm

PharmD
Head Coach

Post#654 » by PharmD » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 am

[Mikal} shot 56.8% on passes from Rubio (81 total assists) versus 41.1% from all his other teammates (123 total assists).

That extra space and Rubio’s ability to hit Baynes in his shooting pocket makes the world of difference. How do I know? Because Baynes hit 59 threes this season and 32 of them came from Rubio. Not only that, he shot 47.1% from deep on Rubio passes. From everybody else? Just 27%.

I mentioned Rubio’s passing impact on Mikal overall earlier, but what about from deep? Well, 45.2% for Bridges on passes from Rubio. From everyone else? 34%.

Yeah, i had posted some stuff itt showing that Mikal and Baynes were the biggest beneficiaries of playing with Rubio but this is even better!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#655 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 am

I've said it before but Rubio has had the biggest impact on this team than any other player this past season. Booker doesn't reach this level of scoring without Rubio. Oubre doesn't have a career year without Rubio. Bridges doesn't reach his level of efficiency without Rubio. The team doesn't reach #1 in the league in assists without Rubio.

As as individual player he's flawed (like most players) but his impact on team offense is undeniable.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,340

Post#656 » by sunskerr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I've said it before but Rubio has had the biggest impact on this team than any other player this past season. Booker doesn't reach this level of scoring without Rubio. Oubre doesn't have a career year without Rubio. Bridges doesn't reach his level of efficiency without Rubio. The team doesn't reach #1 in the league in assists without Rubio.

As as individual player he's flawed (like most players) but his impact on team offense is undeniable.

For sure Rubio is our 2nd best player by a mile. I also don't like the thought of getting Van Vleet to play together with Rubio. If we bring on Van Vleet who has shown the ability to play heavy minutes this past year as a starter (36 mpg) that brings Rubio's minutes down to probably ~28 mpg and also brings down Van Vleets own potential minutes to ~30 mpg. We would actually be getting less production for the cost of his contract. To add to that, Booker already does a great job of facilitating as the 2nd guy who steers the offense.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#657 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm

sunskerr wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I've said it before but Rubio has had the biggest impact on this team than any other player this past season. Booker doesn't reach this level of scoring without Rubio. Oubre doesn't have a career year without Rubio. Bridges doesn't reach his level of efficiency without Rubio. The team doesn't reach #1 in the league in assists without Rubio.

For sure Rubio is our 2nd best player by a mile. I also don't like the thought of getting Van Vleet to play together with Rubio. If we bring on Van Vleet who has shown the ability to play heavy minutes this past year as a starter (36 mpg) that brings Rubio's minutes down to probably ~28 mpg and also brings down Van Vleets own potential minutes to ~30 mpg. We would actually be getting less production for the cost of his contract. To add to that, Booker already does a great job of facilitating as the 2nd guy who steers the offense.

Personally I think that Bridges is already our 2nd best player. He is so good as a two-way player that you always feel comfortable with him on the court, no matter the scoreboard or the teammates that he has around him.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#658 » by sunsbg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Personally I think that Bridges is already our 2nd best player. He is so good as a two-way player that you always feel comfortable with him on the court, no matter the scoreboard or the teammates that he has around him.

It's good there is a competition between several players for 2nd best player on the team. Clearly Rubio was that player last season and his impact was expected by many even before the season started. Mikal didn't start half of the games played with both him and Ayton at 32. I would still bet on Ayton being that 2nd most impactful player if he keeps improving. Rubio has found his 3pt shot, 2pt shot was already looking very good during the World Cup. Obviously he'll challenge for the 2nd best player on this team for a few more seasons.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#659 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

For me, Rubio lays the foundation for this offense which allows guys like Oubre, Booker, Bridges, Baynes, Ayton and all the other guys to play a certain way which maximises their skill set. Despite Bridges being my favourite player on the team, I think of him as more of a guy that makes the system run better but he doesn't make the system. So in that sense, I have to consider Rubio to be the 2nd best player over Bridges.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#660 » by PharmD » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:11 am

sunskerr wrote:

I dunno, i think Rubio-Booker-Van Vleet is a pretty sick guard rotation, if super-duper expensive. Seems to me that Rubio-Van Vleet should work, as should Van Vleet-Booker.

Return to Phoenix Suns