OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#901 » by King4Day » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Here's a random question.
If Sarver did something that forced him to sell the team, and he sold to someone who said they are moving the team to Seattle asap, could the fans or city file some type of class action suit against the person buying since the only intent was to move them, thus impacting the Phoenix economy during NBA season?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#902 » by bigfoot » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:02 am

King4Day wrote:Here's a random question.
If Sarver did something that forced him to sell the team, and he sold to someone who said they are moving the team to Seattle asap, could the fans or city file some type of class action suit against the person buying since the only intent was to move them, thus impacting the Phoenix economy during NBA season?

I don't think so. The Suns signed an agreement with the City of Phoenix last year when the upgrades to the Arena and the practice facility were voted on by the Phoenix City council. I think that agreement extended the Suns stay significantly.

Edit: I think it runs through 2037 ... so quite a long time.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,728

Post#903 » by darmani » Sat Oct 3, 2020 2:34 pm

Have you guys watched Raised By Wolves? It's **** insane and absolutely magnificent.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#904 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
King4Day
RealGM

Post#905 » by King4Day » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Saw this on reddit. Pretty moving

King4Day
RealGM

Post#906 » by King4Day » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:05 pm

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#907 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:38 pm

New book by an ex Suns player.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TYCW9FZ/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Not sure if anyone read his previous book which includes his time with the Phoenix Suns in 2004-05

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QCQ8WG/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#908 » by Kerrsed » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:15 pm

;ab_channel=RESHOEVN8R
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#909 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:39 am

Kerrsed wrote:;ab_channel=RESHOEVN8R

What do you think about this shoes?

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#910 » by Kerrsed » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:17 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:What do you think about this shoes?

Honestly im not a fan. To me the AF1's dont fit right with the lettering. The OG Air Uptempo's looked good with it because it fit with the overall design of the shoe. The AF1 dont share that design and makes it look really off (And ugly in my opinion). I also really appreciated how the bottom of the letters on the OG's lined up perfectly with the exposed visual Air max units, making it all connect. These AF1xSunsUptempo combination are just an abomination.

I'd rather just try to find the Suns Special Colorway of the Uptempo's.

And since we are on the topic of shoes, i am LOVING the Lebron Soldier 8's that i picked up. Seriously some of the most comfortable shoes i have ever bought. I mostly wear them casually, but damn they are nice!

Spoiler:

Picked them up in almost new used condition for $30. Not a mark on them and they legit looked like deadstock. Amazingly made, high quality materials, you would never guess they were 8 years old and used. Also love the fact that they can unzip for even easier access. Big wide footers like me can really appreciate that, especially since i was super duper pissed that i bought a pair of Jordans in my size and couldnt even get my foot in them because it had a super tight opening that doesnt adjust whatsoever. Seriously, its just a tight stiff hole you stick (Or try to stick) your foot in. I couldnt even get my foot halfway in.

First time buying a shoe like that and thought they looked dope as f**k, but that experience has steered me clear of any shoes that have a similar opening. Almost bought a pair of Lebron 15's because i love the look of them and read wonderful things, but the sock like upper scared me away even though i could have got them for a fantastic price. DAMN YOU JORDAN BRAND FOR SCARING ME AWAY FROM CERTAIN SHOES!!!
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#911 » by TASTIC » Thu Mar 4, 2021 7:32 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,611

Post#912 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:10 am

Watched Zack Snyder's Justice League this morning. I thought it was really good. From what I remember, I was as disappointed in the 2017 JL as most people were as I found it entertaining enough but I do recall feeling like there were a ton of unexplained things and got really confused.

ZS's cut made a lot more sense and I really like that he spent a lot more time in this moving than the 2017 version to give the Cyborg backstory more legs.

Anyway, if anyone has 4hrs to kill (Friday+WFH made it easy for me), it's a much more cohesive and much deeper film than 2017 JL and well worth it.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#913 » by wheezy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Zack Snyder's Justice League this morning. I thought it was really good. From what I remember, I was as disappointed in the 2017 JL as most people were as I found it entertaining enough but I do recall feeling like there were a ton of unexplained things and got really confused.

ZS's cut made a lot more sense and I really like that he spent a lot more time in this moving than the 2017 version to give the Cyborg backstory more legs.

Anyway, if anyone has 4hrs to kill (Friday+WFH made it easy for me), it's a much more cohesive and much deeper film than 2017 JL and well worth it.

The 2017 version is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Thought this was a lot better. Still not great and overly long, but actually made a lot more sense this time like you said (cohesion! what a novel concept). Flash was a lot less cringey and that one set piece with him at the end was fantastic. Only complaint really was the MM and that last Knightmare scene being shoehorned in.

Speaking of novels... 'Boy Swallows Universe' is a great read. Highly recommend.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#914 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:04 am

Spoiler:
wheezy wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Zack Snyder's Justice League this morning. I thought it was really good. From what I remember, I was as disappointed in the 2017 JL as most people were as I found it entertaining enough but I do recall feeling like there were a ton of unexplained things and got really confused.

ZS's cut made a lot more sense and I really like that he spent a lot more time in this movie than the 2017 version to give the Cyborg backstory more legs.

The 2017 version is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Thought this was a lot better. Still not great and overly long, but actually made a lot more sense this time like you said (cohesion! what a novel concept). Flash was a lot less cringey and that one set piece with him at the end was fantastic. Only complaint really was the MM and that last Knightmare scene being shoehorned in.

Speaking of novels... 'Boy Swallows Universe' is a great read. Highly recommend.

Could be spoilery so I might just put the tag

Yeah it didn't need to be 4hrs long. Like an Endgame 3hrs is the perfect long movie length.

I just liked how cohesive it was. Compared to the 2017 version where I had no idea WTF was going on and questioned how they could just introduce major characters like Flash and Cyborg in 5min like the way they did. Agreed, that Knightmare scene and MM felt awkward; shoehorned as you mentioned. I guess it was suppose to set up a sequel so it would make more sense if you watch it from that viewpoint. I'm not as up on DC characters as Marvel so I had no idea who the F Martian Manhunter was.....Makes sense introducing him in this film to set up a bigger role in a sequel but without a sequel on the works, it's a bit weird.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#915 » by SuperSunsFan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:10 pm

words cannot describe how much i love the JL recut, especially compared to the garbage 2017 version. All the tasteless jokes are gone (Aquaman spills the beans sitting on WW's lasso), replaced by good jokes (think she goes for a younger guy?) Cyborg and Flash are now badazz awesome characters with characters (Cyborg being the Doctor Manhattan and flash the spiderman of DCEU) everything now has been foreshadowing earlier in the film that make things more cohesive (for example the box cannot be destroyed and will absorb heat has been mentioned by batman earlier so when Cyborg's father sacrifices himself to mark the box it made sense and didn't feel out of place, there are tons of example i can point out) in the 2017 version superman overpowered steppenwolf so much that the contributions of the other characters were diminished, but this time around even though superman still toys with steppenwolf but because the stake it has been reestablished as separating the box to save the world instead of just merely defeating steppenwolf to save the world everyone's contribution is much more impactful and profound.... in the 2017 people's mourning of the death superman was established in a cheesy musical montage, this time it is much more subtle but much more moving by superman has being in conversations through out the film... even the bank scene is so much better, even some little lines and shots added make the characters so much deeper (I love the part when Cyborg first saw the carrier said something in line of "he can't fly because of a software issue, but i can fix that, and that it connects to the later part when the carrier takes flight and he said once again "his nature is to take flight) I like this way more than endgame, seriously only the part when captain america picks up the hammer and the reinforcements arriving through teleports scenes were good in endgame, great scenes are everywhere are throughout the whole film with the snyder cut.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#916 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:38 am

I wonder how the actors and staff feel about transforming from being laughing stock of being involved in one of the worst film in history to now a part of one of the greatest ever.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#917 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:39 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:I wonder how the actors and staff feel about transforming from being laughing stock of being involved in one of the worst film in history to now a part of one of the greatest ever.

Justice
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#918 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:18 am

I had never watched the theatrical Justice League, but I did watch the Snyder cut because of the hype, and it's kind of long and dull. It had some alright action bits, but I feel like there's a whole lot of weight this film tries to lift (introducing Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash, as well as the villain) and it definitely buckles under it. Given the fanfare around it, I basically was left to assume that the theatrical Justice League was abysmal if this is being lauded so much. I popped that on after and only got 30 minutes in, but boy did they make some changes. Even though I did feel like there's about an hour you could cut from Snyder's and make it a little less of a slog, I'm not sure what Whedon did can be called improvements. You can definitely feel the difference in scenes Whedon shot and the drastic cuts he made to the Snyder-shot scenes. Overall, I'm glad Snyder got his chance to finish his movie, and I do want to see the rest of the theatrical cut just to see how it plays out, but right now I don't feel like either movie is all that good.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#919 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:46 pm

go watch the theatrical version, it will be mind blowing how bad it was and give you a better appreciation of what makes a movie good and enhance your experience in watching good movies in the future. I mean very rare in history you have two movies that has the exact same plot points but completely executed/cut differently that can blatantly show you what is bad film making and what is good, don't think it will be a waste of 2 hours, it will be a great learning experience, it is good to watch bad films from time to time to help appreciate the good films in the future.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#920 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:04 pm

have you tried to understand what makes a film bad but can't put it in words because it is easier to tell what make a film good by pointing out the high points but difficult to point out what is missing that makes a film bad. you can do that now by watching these two movies one after the other. for example in the theatrical version the part where steppenwolf fights aquaman in the ocean was completely dull. Steppenwolf just shows up at where the atlanteans house the box without any buildup on how he knows the location, then aquaman too shows up without showing why he knows steppenwolf is there and they just fight. in the new version, Steppenwolf had the sniff out the location from the captured atlantean soldier, Aquaman went to sight seeing (you get a sense that he is conflicted in accepting inheritance hindered by his hates for his mother for leaving him, but still wants to learn more about his origins and his people...) then williem defoe shows up and guides him to where the box is to have him go defend it... everything is just more cohesive and better just because of better setups leading to the pivotal moments. everything just makes sense in the new cut, i used to wonder if the box is so important why leave so few soldiers there to defend it, now i know because as williem defoe explains it patrick wilson character didn't care because he was more interested in raging war against the surface dwellers than defending the legacy of their ancestor, which sets up why Aquaman is the better king in the supposedly upcoming aquaman movie...

Return to Phoenix Suns