ImageImageImage

PHoenix Suns 2020 NBA DRAFT BIG BOARD

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,477

PHoenix Suns 2020 NBA DRAFT BIG BOARD 

Post#1 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 am

This ( per request) is my big board for the Phoenix suns at 10. So, assuming we just stay at 10 with no trades, I'll consider both need, fit, and best available talent at each position. Feel free to add your own big boards for comparison on who you guys think should be the suns top considerations on draft night. :wink:
At 10..............................

1- Obi Toppin.
Toppin would be a tremendously good fit for our needs with his vertical gravity, consistent production, floor spacing ability, and underrated passing. His vertical gravity would also really open up scoring opportunities for our shooters. He'd provide us with a pretty dominant, potent, frontcourt partner for Ayton.

2- Tyreese Haliburton.
His elite passing and solid defense whilst still being a small usage complimentary playmaker would be a great compliment to Booker. And he could be interchangeable with Book in the backcourt. He'd basically provide a very smooth transition post Rubio for us.

3- Devin Vassell
Vassell would be the ideal defensive compliment to Booker, He's long, athletic, versatile, very switchable defensively, He also has a very high IQ and an elite level of defensive awareness. And would give an elite versatile lockdown perimeter defense when added alongside of Bridges. Plus his potential switchability would give Monty endless options to utilize for his rotations.

4- Kira Lewis
Lewis has elite speed, is very solid across the board in terms of his production and skillset. And would allow us to resurrect our very potent " Run and Gun era style of play. On top of that, the immense gravity he creates driving to the hoop with his elite speed would constantly collapse opposing defenses, Allowing us wide open looks on the perimeter, As well as increased free throw rates due to his penetration. This bodies very well for us being the top free throw shooting team ( percentage) in the league.

5- Jalen Smith
Jalen Smith would be an ideal fit in the frontcourt next to Ayton. He's an elite shotblocker and rebounder. He's very fluid and he has an advanced offensive package. He's got a high motor and a very solid work ethic, And could at times also cover the backup center position too. He basically fits/ addresses the majority of our frontcourt issues. And would be tremendous value for us, even at 10.

And the best 5 prospects for us by position, [b]Most likely
Available at/ after 10
[/b]:

Point Guard

1- Grant Riller. * ( Would be Haliburton IF he fell to us at 10).
2- Kira Lewis.
3- Tyrell Terry.
4- Cole Anthony
5- Malachi Flynn.

Shooting Guard

1- Devin Vassell.
2- RJ Hampton.
3- Tyreese Maxey.
4- Desmond Bane.
5- Jahmius Ramsey.

Small Forward

1- Isaac Okoro.
2- Tyler Bey.
3- Aaron Nesmith.
4- Saddiq Bey.
5- Jaden McDaniels.

Power Forward

1- Toppin *( If he falls).
2- Jalen Smith.
3- Paul Reed.
4- Poku.
5- *Reggie Perry.** ( Could be a Bam 2.0).

Center ( Backup Baynes insurance).

1- Daniel Oturu.
2- Vernon Carey.
3- Udoka Azubuike.
4- Nik Richards.
5- Austin Wiley.

Any questions? Now Ideally if we can get any of our top 3 targets, We might be best served in looking to trade back scenarios for greater value in adding quality prospects with later firsts, and maybe even a 2nd or two as it'd allow us to increase depth, talent, And at a minimal incurred cost to us. So at that reduced cost, the odds of returning greater value should we get a productive prospect that outplays his contractual pricetag would be a boon for us. Especially in a down economy with financial constraints.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,454

Re: PHoenix Suns 2020 NBA DRAFT BIG BOARD 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:19 pm

I found this thread more than halfway down the front page of the NBA Draft Forum. Surely you meant to post here, so I moved. Curious why you have Riller higher than Lewis in the PG prospect list but then have Lewis #4 on your big board for the Suns but Riller not in your top 5 overall Suns big board?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#3 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I found this thread more than halfway down the front page of the NBA Draft Forum. Surely you meant to post here, so I moved. Curious why you have Riller higher than Lewis in the PG prospect list but then have Lewis #4 on your big board for the Suns but Riller not in your top 5 overall Suns big board?

Yeah! That's bizarre, Because I don't remember posting it in the draft thread at all? :dontknow: So Thanks for moving it I guess man.

As for the Lewis/ Riller placement, Admittedly I am torn on their value to me personally. Which is why I only have Riller one spot on my point guard centric portion of my big board. But for me, I place Riller above Lewis ( slightly) and ahead of the other (likely available at 10) guards in this draft because of he's simply more polished, Mature, has more poise, and is more NBA ready to contribute right away, And should have a higher level of impact on a team's winning much sooner than even Lewis or other guards still available at that range, Who have potentially higher long term upside, But will need more development and refinement to their games out of the gate.

But in my big board, with respect to who I'd prefer with all positions ( guard/ wing/ Power forward) being included, There are obviously prospects at different positions that I'd rank higher due to their potential impacts and outcomes based upon entirely different roles they'd play for their teams. And for your specific question to my general big board ( all positions) having Lewis at 4 and Riller not in my top 5, I went more off Ultimate upside potential/ high end outcome rather than specific positional impact, Because of the varying positions illiciting different potential outcomes specific to their individual roles per team needs. But if it went to say 10 or so, Riller would have been 6, And as I mentioned previously, I have them with nearly identical value. But Riller SLIGHTLY ahead of Lewis, for guards when comparing readiness/ production/ impact same position at the same position.

And Lewis SLIGHTLY ahead when considering ultimate upside/ high end outcome. But for me, They are nearly interchangeable. :dontknow: and I'll need to see more of both players and gather further information in order to get a more scalable assessment on their potential value disparity?
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#4 » by thamadkant » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:07 am

I would rather have Jalen Smith than Obi Toppin... mainly due to defense and rim protection next to Ayton or as a backup.
Toppin has a nice frame, reminds me of Amare, but his lack of foot speed and agility defensively also reminds me of Amare... and he isnt the combination of explosion and strength as Amare though. The Suns already have their inside big man scorer in Ayton who is tiers above Toppin as scorer, so ideally the big next to Ayton will need to be able to stretch the floor for him and be perfectly happy playing hard defense as a backup or along side Ayton.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#5 » by cberry78 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:33 am

Toppin at #10 would be my ideal situation, but I don't think it'll happen.

Anyway, his "Amare-ness" next to DA shouldn't be a concern at all. DA has shown glimpses of being an extremely strong defensive anchor, plus he's already a borderline elite rebounder, and pairing that with an offensive Amare mimic (even an Amare-lite) is everything we wished the SSOL Suns had.

Plus, keep in mind that DA has only played 109 NBA games, after playing only 35 (mostly out of position) college games, that's LESS than 2 full NBA seasons over the last 3+ years. There is plenty of growth to come from this young man.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#6 » by DirtyDez » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:02 pm

Big Board:
1. Toppin
2. Riller

We’re guaranteed one of them at #10. I’d love the O/D combo Riller/Carter off the bench.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#7 » by Blonde » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:22 am

I don’t really understand why you start at 10. Makes it hard to understand which guys you are low on vs who you don’t believe will be available for us.
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#8 » by Walt_Uoob » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:22 pm

Blonde wrote:I don’t really understand why you start at 10. Makes it hard to understand which guys you are low on vs who you don’t believe will be available for us.

People were asking him to do it this way in addition to his overall big board. I agree it's kind of a strange exercise.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#9 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:13 pm

Blonde wrote:I don’t really understand why you start at 10. Makes it hard to understand which guys you are low on vs who you don’t believe will be available for us.

Sorry man! The premise for the big board being that we stay at 10, No hypothetical trade up or trade back scenarios. No theoretical additional picks considered to be added. Just a straight pick at 10. With my board showing my overall preference must based upon BPA and upside potential. And then broken down to my sequential preference by position. For this board, Also taking into consideration who I do expect to POSSIBLY still be available for us at 10.

But if you're asking my overall board ( All things considered) 1 being highest, And 10 being lowest or last. Here's my overall sequential preference 1-10.
** ( I don't think that they'll still be available for us at 10). Also my board also being fluid up until a week or so from the draft.

1- Obi Toppin.
2- Killian Hayes. ** ( I expect him to be off the board by 7-8).
3- Oneyka Okungwu. ** ( I expect him to be off the by the 4th pick * Gone at 3).
4- Devin Vassell.
5- Grant Riller or Kira Lewis ( I have them pretty much even at their position currently). So I'd be quite happy with either.
6- Jalen Smith.
7- Tyreese Haliburton. ** ( I expect him to be off the board by the 6th pick at the latest).
8- Deni Avdija. ** I expect him to surprisingly go in the top 5).
9- Tyrell Terry.
10- Cole Anthony.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#10 » by sunsbg » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:09 pm

GoK, you probably have more posts on the draft alone than all posts on the Mavs board for the last two months. If we count the number of words, effort to underline and highlight in red words it's not even a contest. Nice job! :bowdown:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:26 pm

Walt_Uoob wrote:

People were asking him to do it this way in addition to his overall big board. I agree it's kind of a strange exercise.

I asked for a Big Board, but I meant a total big board and Suns big board, but that didn't mean to exclude someone or not have them on the big board based on any assumption they wouldn't be available....you never know if we might trade up or whatever...that's why you have a big board for your specific team if you are GM because weird things happen.

I don't imagine they leave someone off they really really like because they feel like they won't be there.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:32 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Sorry man! The premise for the big board being that we stay at 10, No hypothetical trade up or trade back scenarios. No theoretical additional picks considered to be added. Just a straight pick at 10. With my board showing my overall preference must based upon BPA and upside potential. And then broken down to my sequential preference by position. For this board, Also taking into consideration who I do expect to POSSIBLY still be available for us at 10.

But if you're asking my overall board ( All things considered) 1 being highest, And 10 being lowest or last. Here's my overall sequential preference 1-10.
** ( I don't think that they'll still be available for us at 10). Also my board also being fluid up until a week or so from the draft.

1- Obi Toppin.
3- Oneyka Okungwu. ** ( I expect him to be off the by the 4th pick * Gone at 3).
4- Devin Vassell.
5- Grant Riller or Kira Lewis ( I have them pretty much even at their position currently). So I'd be quite happy with either.
6- Jalen Smith.
7- Tyreese Haliburton. ** ( I expect him to be off the board by the 6th pick at the latest).
9- Tyrell Terry.
10- Cole Anthony.

Now I'm more confused...in your first post, where you list best 5 prospects by position you put an asterisk on the PG part and say #1 would be Haliburtion if he was there at 10, but now you have him below Riller or Lewis here (which was surprising to see).
alamin330
Pro Prospect
And1: 497

Post#13 » by alamin330 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1- Obi Toppin.
4- Devin Vassell.
6- Jalen Smith.
9- Tyrell Terry.
10- Cole Anthony.

Now I'm more confused...in your first post, where you list best 5 prospects by position you put an asterisk on the PG part and say #1 would be Haliburtion if he was there at 10, but now you have him below Riller or Lewis here (which was surprising to see).

Lamelo Ball is the best pg in this class followed very closely by Cole Anthony.

Killian Hayes and Tyrese Haliburton have bust written all over them
More so haliburton
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#14 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:54 pm

[q
Spoiler:
uote="bwgood77"]
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1- Obi Toppin.
4- Devin Vassell.
6- Jalen Smith.
9- Tyrell Terry.
10- Cole Anthony.

Now I'm more confused...in your first post, where you list best 5 prospects by position you put an asterisk on the PG part and say #1 would be Haliburtion if he was there at 10, but now you have him below Riller or Lewis here (which was surprising to see).[/quote]

Sorry for any confusion man! Obviously my big board is pretty fluid. I do really like Haliburton, Especially when considering his ELITE passing, ULTRA HIGH IQ and overall feel for the game! But currently, I'm kind of torn on those top 3 ( Riller/ Lewis/ Haliburton) As I collect and further review more information to identify more distinguishing factors that can hopefully cement my prospect rankings in the next couple of weeks. So depending upon further research, Haliburton can really scale up or down in that time. And you're of course absolutely right in that originally I did have him at one on my point guard specific board, But upon further recent research and review, I have him temporarily dropped down a bit, primarily due to concerns over his isolation scoring ability, His somewhat awkward shot mechanics, Especially with respect to his mid range game, His somewhat slow release, lack of elite first step and burst, and his weight and strength issues, As it pertains again to isolation scoringpotential, as he's not the most creative scorer as of yet? Again, I'm hoping to locate more determining factors from the combine, reports, etc. that will help create some greater disparity for me personally between prospects. And yes, I honestly do realize that he's a winner with an incredibly high IQ, very efficient and a passing savant too. And I've actually been really high on him since last summer when I mentioned him on my prospects list, But then of course, He chose to return ( which was great for him)!

But probably over the next 2-3 weeks, There may be some risers and callers of course, As is par for the course, And really a normal aspect of the process as teams, scouts, talent evaluators and of course the rest of us gather more information and settle more firmly on particular prospects for their boards. For the record, I do think he's going to be very good, And contribute to a high level of winning in most situations, But for now, his range is a bit fluid for me personally as I work towards a finalized board. None of this should really matter though, As he should absolutely be off the board in the range of 4-6 at the latest! Depending upon how things shake out! So if we're being honest, I'm not at all expecting him to be there for us at 10 regardless. Having said that, I'll reiterate that I'm probably quite torn on a number of prospects for the range of 10. For now, I'm just continually digging for some informational aspects I may likely have missed that could create separation in the rankings. So for now, It could be end up between any of Riller/ Haliburton/ Lewis, All for different reasons such as contextual fit, upside, elite attributes, strengths and weaknesses, etc. So I'll apologize ahead of time for any potential further confusion man. Just expect me to have a settled final big board within the next two weeks ( if that's fair)? Once I do my final review on all the varying information I've been collecting for each prospect. :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:03 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1- Obi Toppin.
4- Devin Vassell.
6- Jalen Smith.
9- Tyrell Terry.
10- Cole Anthony.

Sorry for any confusion man! Obviously my big board is pretty fluid. I do really like Haliburton, Especially when considering his ELITE passing and feel for the game! But currently, I'm kind of torn on those top 3, As I scramble for more distinguishing factors that can hopefully cement my prospect rankings in the next couple of weeks. So depending upon further research, Haliburton can scale up or down in that time. Originally yes, I had him at one on my point guard position board, But upon further recent research and review, I dropped him a bit for now due to concerns over his isolation scoring ability, His shot mechanics, Especially with respect to his mid range game, His somewhat slow release, lack of elite first step and burst, and his weight and strength issues. Again, I'm hopin to hear some determining factors from the combine that will help create some greater disparity between prospects. And I do realize that he's a winner with an incredibly high IQ, and a passing savant too. And I've actually been really high on him since last summer when I mentioned him on my prospects list, But then of course, He chose to return ( which was great for him)!

But probably over the next 2-3 weeks, There may be some risers and callers of course, As is a normal aspect of the process as teams, scouts, and the rest of us gather more information and settle more firmly on particular prospects for their boards. For the record, I do think he's going to be very good, But he absolutely should be off the board in the range of 4-6 at the latest! Depending upon how things shake out! So if we're being honest, I'm not at all expecting him to be there for us at 10 regardless. But even aside from that, CURRENTLY, I have him dropping just a bit due those aspects that I mentioned above. Having said that, I'll admit that I'm probably quite torn on a number of prospects for the range of 10. For now, I'm just digging for some aspects I may have missed that could create separation in the rankings. So for now, I could s able between any of Riller/ Haliburton/ Lewis, All for different reasons such as contextual fit, upside, elite attributes, strengths and weaknesses, etc. So I'll apologize ahead of time for any potential further confusion man. Just expect me to have a settled final big board within the next two weeks ( if that's fair)? Once I do my final review on all the varying information I've been collecting for each prospect. :wink:

I agree with the first step and weird shot mechanics but he's a guy that has passing, shooting and defense and is more ready. You're taking, as a Sophomore, a 42% 3 pt shooter, 6.5 apg and 2.5 spg. TS% over 63%.

So he pretty much gives you everything except attacking and getting to the line, which can be important, but he brings so much else. This wasn't against bad competition either, but the Big 12.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#16 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Sorry for any confusion man! Obviously my big board is pretty fluid. I do really like Haliburton, Especially when considering his ELITE passing and feel for the game! But currently, I'm kind of torn on those top 3, As I scramble for more distinguishing factors that can hopefully cement my prospect rankings in the next couple of weeks. So depending upon further research, Haliburton can scale up or down in that time. Originally yes, I had him at one on my point guard position board, But upon further recent research and review, I dropped him a bit for now due to concerns over his isolation scoring ability, His shot mechanics, Especially with respect to his mid range game, His somewhat slow release, lack of elite first step and burst, and his weight and strength issues. Again, I'm hopin to hear some determining factors from the combine that will help create some greater disparity between prospects. And I do realize that he's a winner with an incredibly high IQ, and a passing savant too. And I've actually been really high on him since last summer when I mentioned him on my prospects list, But then of course, He chose to return ( which was great for him)!

But probably over the next 2-3 weeks, There may be some risers and callers of course, As is a normal aspect of the process as teams, scouts, and the rest of us gather more information and settle more firmly on particular prospects for their boards. For the record, I do think he's going to be very good, But he absolutely should be off the board in the range of 4-6 at the latest! Depending upon how things shake out! So if we're being honest, I'm not at all expecting him to be there for us at 10 regardless. But even aside from that, CURRENTLY, I have him dropping just a bit due those aspects that I mentioned above. Having said that, I'll admit that I'm probably quite torn on a number of prospects for the range of 10. For now, I'm just digging for some aspects I may have missed that could create separation in the rankings. So for now, I could s able between any of Riller/ Haliburton/ Lewis, All for different reasons such as contextual fit, upside, elite attributes, strengths and weaknesses, etc. So I'll apologize ahead of time for any potential further confusion man. Just expect me to have a settled final big board within the next two weeks ( if that's fair)? Once I do my final review on all the varying information I've been collecting for each prospect. :wink:

I agree with the first step and weird shot mechanics but he's a guy that has passing, shooting and defense and is more ready. You're taking, as a Sophomore, a 42% 3 pt shooter, 6.5 apg and 2.5 spg. TS% over 63%.

So he pretty much gives you everything except attacking and getting to the line, which can be important, but he brings so much else. This wasn't against bad competition either, but the Big 12.

You make very astute and salient points in his interests man! Ultimately I have those three pretty much lumped in together for my top consideration for point guard ( IF we look to go in that direction)? I'm really just trying to finalize my determinations on overall value/ situational benefit, But also guage scalable beneficial impact to our team, With respect to their individual skillsets and elite attributes. in not having the normal aspects of the predraft process such as combine, team workouts, in person interviews have somewhat complicated things too. Any which way though, they're all right there together at the top with each other for primary consideration. :wink:

I suppose that there really is no true downside to Haliburton as you pointed out man. And even without any elite upside potential or elite speed/ burst to assist him in potential 1 on 1 situations and towards isolation scoring, He'd still be a profound win for us if we were to draft him at 10 ( * Not that he'll be there though). He could best be projected as the point guard version of Bridges for us! A very solid low usage utility glue player with a high level IQ, A winning pedigree, and even though he doesn't have star potential, He'll still be very impactful for his career as a high level rotational player.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#17 » by Frank Lee » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:49 pm

I’ll sum it up

He likes everybody... will be high on whoever we pick, and then higher on whoever pans out that we didn’t pick. Bet hedging to the max. Not trying to chop bust you dude, but really, why don’t you just list out your top 100.... you can’t be far off

Bottom line is there will be maybe 3 guys in the top ten who are worth a damn... maybe 3 or 4 in the next 20 will contribute .. and one or two seconds that will surprise. Then a real sneaker who goes undrafted. These are my predictions Based on the last 10 drafts. Go look. The # of dudes who get second contracts with the same team is slim. Of course, it doesn’t take into account development/alternate league time.

Wish I had the desire and ability to stat it out, but it’s a crap shoot every yr ....and you gotta like what we did last yr. we won’t be looking for a major minute taker. My bet is we grab a pg/combo g and let Carter walk as we are comfortable with the low ticket CPayne.

All jabbing aside, I do appreciate the in-depth,often incessant, usually optimistic research. There won’t be many guys drafted or FA summerleaguing that we haven’t heard of.

PS... put me down for Riller, Lewis, Hayes, or Hampton
What ? Me Worry ?
alamin330
Pro Prospect
And1: 497

Post#18 » by alamin330 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:10 pm

Grant Riller? You’re joking right? Austin rivers 2.0 that’s who you want?
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#19 » by bhawk » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:27 pm

alamin330 wrote:Grant Riller? You’re joking right? Austin rivers 2.0 that’s who you want?

The Austin Rivers comp is interesting. I still think Riller is much, much better. He more than meets the eye test to me. I'll take him at 10 all day, every day.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/austin-rivers/

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/grant-riller-2020-nba-draft-scouting-report/

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/grant-riller/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887956-meet-the-sleepers-of-the-2020-nba-draft

"Age could cause Grant Riller, 23, to fall a tier or two lower in the draft than he should.

While it's possible a team ignores that on the scouting report, just as the Phoenix Suns did with Cameron Johnson last June, it seems more likely Riller will go in the second round like Malcolm Brogdon and Devonte' Graham.

His lack of NCAA tournament appearances over the past two seasons may have worked against his stock too. Some team is bound to luck out on one of the draft's most advanced scorers, who finished with 21.9 points per game on over 60 percent true shooting for the second straight year.

Ranking in the 97th percentile in pick-and-roll ball-handling and the 88th percentile out of isolation, Riller is highly creative and skilled, equipped with quick first moves and counters off the dribble. The 6'3" guard shot 42.5 percent on pull-ups, 48.8 percent on runners and 63.4 percent around the basket, where he does an exceptional job of using his body and angles despite his lack of explosion.

Though better suited for on-ball reps, he ranked in the 96th percentile out of spot-ups while hitting 40 percent on catch-and-shoot chances.

His identity will revolve around scoring, but Riller's 30.1 assist percentage was on par with some of the younger point guards expected to generate lottery interest, including Cole Anthony (24.1 percent), Kira Lewis Jr. (27.7 percent) and Nico Mannion (31.5 percent).

There are some question marks about how Riller's game will translate. His three-point numbers never made a huge jump through four seasons at Charleston. His 4.1 assists per game as a junior were a career best, and the competition in the Colonial Athletic Association was limited. And he doesn't appear to possess plus-length.

But in this draft, those may be reasons to look past Riller with a top-10 pick—not one in the mid-to-late first round."

There is much, much more on Riller for those interested... just google or search the Suns Draft thread.
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#20 » by bhawk » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:30 pm

This is the link that closed the Riller deal for me... lots of video. The Stepien does a great job.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/20/grant-riller-scouting-report/

Return to Phoenix Suns