ImageImageImage

Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,111

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now drain the front office already! 

Post#81 » by eyeatoma » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:16 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:Rip Hamilton and Avery Johnson were saying Doc is gonna move Simmons back to the point guard position which means we won’t have to trade for one.
That would enable Harris to play power forward, Embiid center and the starting 5 could be filled out with Jrich and Thybulle.
Horford will be traded to Dallas, Sacramento or New Orleans for some bench help and cap relief unless he’s packaged with Jrich for hield or holiday.
Free agents will want to come here now so we could use the MLE to sign a shooter like joe Harris and we’re a Simmons jump shot away from a finals appearance.
Mark my words
Whoah link to where you're getting this please?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,510

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now drain the front office already! 

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:29 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Interesting, didn't realize their source was legit. Are you hearing anything about Alvin Gentry. If not him, who does Rivers home to get to round out the coaching staff. Also, any news on the front office being drained? Any impending trades the team could be looking into. Buddy Hield is begging to come here haha!

Yup. I didnt realize how legit it was until I saw him “liking” the tweet about Doc Rivers being our headcoach.

At this point I think Hield may even pay the team just to for us.
I'm confused lol, how does that mean he's legit?

I thought him wanting to play for us was just some fake news fans would create. Haha
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#83 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:30 am

Doc pushed players but he is selective about it. He says some players just wanted to be great and some just want to be happy. Darryl Dawkins was an example of the later.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#84 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:47 am

Did you guys watched game 7 of the Clips vs Nuggets? People say he played Harrell too much. Clips was really in a drought on offense. PG and Kawhi shot like 30% from the field. They were missing open shots. Lou missed un challenged layups and Green even blew a wide open dunk. Doc went small to spur more offense with Harrell. It didnt work. So he even had Morris play at C at one point.

The problem with the clips was they were thin at the C position while they dont really have a playmaking point guard to get their guys easy baskets when shots are not going in.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,177

Post#85 » by M2J » Sat Oct 3, 2020 10:01 am

I think he has free reigns to push these guys this year. He's not going anywhere. Expectations with this general roster aren't exactly finals or bust (though it should be). I still feel like give Jo and Ben 1 more shot to play together with a new coach, and if it doesn't work trade one. They're both controlled assets, this is the year to push them to take a leap. Even not playing through nagging injuries should be a concern.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,177

Post#86 » by M2J » Sat Oct 3, 2020 10:19 am

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/clippers-nba-playoff-history-chris-paul-blake-griffin-injury-rockets-game-6-highlights/gjspxhi7vkab1ql67c0fiymlo

Good read from a few years back regarding the Lob City run, and a possible curse. It does detail as lot.

For those that love to repeat some spewed narrative about the Clippers, specifically Lob City, underachieving. I'm not a big excuse guy, but injuries to stars matter in the basketball especially.

I'll also repeat that Chris Paul is not a championship first option. Especially with his health, especially if your option 2 is more injury prone. I guarantee, if theoretically the Thunder made a run this postseason, something would've come up.

I think Rivers overachieved everywhere he's went. Even this season with George injured all year, and Kawhi load managing, they still had the 2nd best record.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#87 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 10:20 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:Rip Hamilton and Avery Johnson were saying Doc is gonna move Simmons back to the point guard position which means we won’t have to trade for one.
That would enable Harris to play power forward, Embiid center and the starting 5 could be filled out with Jrich and Thybulle.
Horford will be traded to Dallas, Sacramento or New Orleans for some bench help and cap relief unless he’s packaged with Jrich for hield or holiday.
Free agents will want to come here now so we could use the MLE to sign a shooter like joe Harris and we’re a Simmons jump shot away from a finals appearance.
Mark my words
Whoah link to where you're getting this please?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8E4404F0AB21EC2D
chaimer
Freshman
And1: 36

Post#88 » by chaimer » Sat Oct 3, 2020 11:22 am

Is there any information about when will Doc be officially introduced as a HC?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#89 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#90 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:13 pm

“I am really excited about the opportunity to be joining a world-class franchise, a franchise whose legend inspired my nickname,” Rivers said, referencing Hall of Famer and Sixers great Julius “Dr. J.” Erving. “This is a city that loves sports and loves their teams.
"It’s a city that values hard work and that is exactly what we are going to do and who we are going to be. We are ready to do good things in Philadelphia.”
76ciology
RealGM

Post#91 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:15 pm

Fun fact.
Doc (58) is a year younger than Brett Brown (59).
Doc is way advanced at his career than Brett.

MDA is 69.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#92 » by 6ers83 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:28 pm

I’m predicting 55 wins. Harris was great under Doc and he’s a huge upgrade over BB.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#93 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:24 pm

6ers83 wrote:I’m predicting 55 wins. Harris was great under Doc and he’s a huge upgrade over BB.

55-62 is my range. Career year for Ben
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#94 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Oct 3, 2020 11:09 pm

Too early to predict wins. We should be entering the regular season with an altered roster.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Re: Welcome Glenn (Doc) Rivers - Sixers hire new head coach! Now fire everyone else! 

Post#95 » by Phila Tough » Sat Oct 3, 2020 11:21 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Horford and a Tobias will look under him.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#96 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Oct 3, 2020 11:28 pm

Phila Tough wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing how Horford and a Tobias will look under him.
I'll be pissed if at least one of them isn't traded by the season opener.

Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#97 » by Phila Tough » Sat Oct 3, 2020 11:54 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing how Horford and a Tobias will look under him.
I'll be pissed if at least one of them isn't traded by the season opener.

I'd rather Horford gone but if they both were to return, I think (hope) both will have better seasons under Doc. Tobias started the season out so bad and that set the tone almost for the rest of his season. Tobias playing like he was before he got traded here would open up our offense so much.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,111

Post#98 » by eyeatoma » Sun Oct 4, 2020 12:11 am

If Horford is still here I see Jo asking for a trade. They're still a horrible fit.

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#99 » by agiaco » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:17 am

Gotta replace Horford with a guard.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#100 » by 6ers83 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:25 am

agiaco wrote:Gotta replace Horford with a guard.

This

Return to Philadelphia 76ers