ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 253 Adesanya/Costa and the post Jon Jones LHW era begins 

Post#1181 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Izzy juicing roids story is picking up traction as a result of that pectoral muscle seen in the Costa fight.

Remi, what's the scoop?

I've seen two conflicting approaches on the story. I've seen a bunch of body builders, including former and current juicers, point to Izzy's pec and say that it's steroids. I've also seen a handful of a doctors that talk MMA mention that while you can't rule out steroids; there are other completely reasonable explanations that could cause it (including just trauma to the area).

My personal MMA philosophy has always been "they're probably all on something" but at the same time, I've gotta give Izzy the credit that he's never looked like a juicing fighter. His build is vascular or dry muscle; his pain thresholds seem mostly normal although he has grit; and his power is about precision rather than blasting through guards. He's also never failed in the USADA pool nor had big changes in his performance like guys that might be mistiming cycles.

So all that to say, I'm not really sure. I'll never be shocked by a guy failing a drug test but in this case, I'm giving Adesanya the benefit of a doubt.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 253 Adesanya/Costa and the post Jon Jones LHW era begins 

Post#1182 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:19 am

Usman v Burns for 256 is off. Usman still too banged up. UFC is looking a replacement fights.
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1183 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Usman v Burns for 256 is off. Usman still too banged up. UFC is looking a replacement fights.

Leon v Burns, and if burns declines do Colby v Jorge for BMF belt
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1184 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:47 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Usman v Burns for 256 is off. Usman still too banged up. UFC is looking a replacement fights.

Colby Covington was at the Trump v Biden debate ... not wearing a mask! Is he in quarantine? :noway:
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1185 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

Colby Covington was at the Trump v Biden debate ... not wearing a mask! Is he in quarantine? :noway:

Jorge doing a bus tour with Don Jr so they both at risk..

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1186 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:08 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

Jorge doing a bus tour with Don Jr so they both at risk..

Except that Don Jr has tested negative thus far. So maybe he took a few precautions - along with his sister and Kushner - that the others didn't? I don't think we're sure yet which people got infected at which event, yet, because the contract tracers are meeting up with resistance from the campaign to provide accurate info.

My whole point is it's one thing to support Trump like Colby has on social media and at events but it's quite another to voluntarily put your own career and health on the line for this numbskull.
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1187 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:55 pm

Darren till twitter on fire today, straight up clowning Perry

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1188 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:06 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Darren till twitter on fire today, straight up clowning Perry

Perry’s tweeting about Till’s babies’ mammas. :lol:
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1189 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Darren till twitter on fire today, straight up clowning Perry

Perry’s tweeting about Till’s babies’ mammas.

And till posts perry baba mama as his next baba mama and then posts perry ex-wife as another one of his baby mama's lol this is gold

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1190 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:16 am

Tony's getting shafted and disrespected by the UFC. He doesn't deserve this at all.

Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1191 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:12 am

Without a doubt the sickest kicking KO I’ve ever seen, that was straight out of a video game.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1192 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:29 am

Read on Twitter

Rothwell vs tybura is one hell of a fight so far.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1193 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:50 am

j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

So I guess you're the best person to ask, where does that KO rank for you?

Henderson over Bisping?
Rodriguez over Korean Zombie?
Barboza vs Etim?
Hall when he killed a man on TUF?

I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but yeah it was nasty.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1194 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:06 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Henderson over Bisping?
Barboza vs Etim?

I just finished a message to some friends where I said, “this might be knee jerk, but I think that’s one of the greatest KO’s in history”

I’d have to really sit and think about my top ten because I have a feeling it’s in there. Add Silva vs fryklund and Masvidal vs askren to your list and thats basically the territory I feel like that KO was in...but my adrenaline’s pumping right now lol.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1195 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:10 am

j4remi wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Henderson over Bisping?
Barboza vs Etim?

I just finished a message to some friends where I said, “this might be knee jerk, but I think that’s one of the greatest KO’s in history”

I’d have to really sit and think about my top ten because I have a feeling it’s in there. Add Silva vs fryklund and Masvidal vs askren to your list and thats basically the territory I feel like that KO was in...but my adrenaline’s pumping right now lol.

I think Yair's elbow beats Silva's for me, but Silva's was done soooooo long along I completely forgot that one. I guess if you add Masvidal/Askren, McGregor/Aldo makes it in there. Yeah this KO had everything, the surprise factor, the we've never seen it, the epic fall/reaction from Impa. Can't wait to see some of these lists over the next few days.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1196 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:10 am

Barbosa!

29-28? :-?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1197 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:31 am

Those clips to the top of the head don't seem to land clean but they do the job.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1198 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:35 am

Wow, Barboza and Sandhagen with great wins! I think Dana wanted Moraes to skip past Sterling but now that Sandhagen just didn’t that, no more excuses to cheat Aljo out his title shot. This division is so sick!
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1199 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:13 am

j4remi wrote:Wow, Barboza and Sandhagen with great wins! I think Dana wanted Moraes to skip past Sterling but now that Sandhagen just didn’t that, no more excuses to cheat Aljo out his title shot. This division is so sick!

Sandhagen looked great. Marlon couldn't get close. His corner sounded clueless after the first round.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1200 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:40 am

j4remi wrote:Wow, Barboza and Sandhagen with great wins! I think Dana wanted Moraes to skip past Sterling but now that Sandhagen just didn’t that, no more excuses to cheat Aljo out his title shot. This division is so sick!

So I love me the Korean Zombie as much as the next guy, so I guess the question is, does Ortega have enough power in his hands to put him away? Will ring rust really be a thing for Ortega, because all I can see is him being picked apart by Holloway in that epic beat down. I want Zombie to win, I'd love to see him fight for the belt again even though I don't think he'd win.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks