Post#141 » by moonpie » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:45 am

;feature=emb_title
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Re: OFFICIAL Timberwolves Mini-Camp Bubble Thread 

Post#142 » by minimus » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:11 am

moonpie wrote:

I was following Wolfson, but after his clickbait rumor about KAT, he lost any credibility. That was the worst moment for franchise to hear that rumor. As a journalist he must understand how harmful it might be. Also he doesn't provide any analysis, advanced metrics or any useful information outside of rumors, insider leaks. I respect guys like Dane Moore and Jake Paynting more than Wolfson, because they actually work with information. IMO his name shouldn't be associated with Timberwolves anymore.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#143 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:22 pm

minimus wrote:
moonpie wrote:

I was following Wolfson, but after his clickbait rumor about KAT, he lost any credibility. That was the worst moment for franchise to hear that rumor. As a journalist he must understand how harmful it might be. Also he doesn't provide any analysis, advanced metrics or any useful information outside of rumors, insider leaks. I respect guys like Dane Moore and Jake Paynting more than Wolfson, because they actually work with information. IMO his name shouldn't be associated with Timberwolves anymore.

minimus wrote:
moonpie wrote:

If Wolfson had one shred of credibility or actual sources in the league, he’d also be working for a credible media outlet. He rumor mongers for hits without providing a shred of legitimate reporting.

I actually like Doogie dating all the way back to his days at KFAN and I enjoy reading rumors as much as anyone but I wouldn’t get your undies in a bunch over anything that Wolfson throws against the wall to see if it sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#144 » by Dewey » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:21 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
minimus wrote:
moonpie wrote:

minimus wrote:
moonpie wrote:

If Wolfson had one shred of credibility or actual sources in the league, he’d also be working for a credible media outlet. He rumor mongers for hits without providing a shred of legitimate reporting.

I actually like Doogie dating all the way back to his days at KFAN and I enjoy reading rumors as much as anyone but I wouldn’t get your undies in a bunch over anything that Wolfson throws against the wall to see if it sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree... this is a total hack job. Cite an actual story - stop the tattletales
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#145 » by minimus » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Harris is my favorite FA target. If Rosas can get him and resign Beasley we will be a very special team.

KAT-Vando-Harris-Beasley-DLo
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#146 » by Baseline81 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:56 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Harris is my favorite FA target. If Rosas can get him and resign Beasley we will be a very special team.

Assuming the Wolves resign Beasley, I don't see how they could afford him.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#147 » by moonpie » Sun Oct 4, 2020 12:04 am

DLO and Joe had tremendous chemistry in Brooklyn
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#148 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 12:21 am

Baseline81 wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dlo/dj augustin
Harris/Okogie
Jae Crowder/Layman
Simmons/Juancho
Towns/Noel

Final roster.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#149 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:10 am

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow anointing Vanderbilt as our starting PF already. Just wow.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#150 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:11 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dlo/dj augustin
Harris/Okogie
Jae Crowder/Layman
Simmons/Juancho
Towns/Noel

Final roster.

No Culver? What happened to him?
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#151 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:35 am

KGdaBom wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Assuming the Wolves resign Beasley, I don't see how they could afford him.

Dlo/dj augustin
Harris/Okogie
Jae Crowder/Layman
Simmons/Juancho
Towns/Noel

Final roster.

No Culver? What happened to him?

Included in the trade for Simmons
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#152 » by moonpie » Sun Oct 4, 2020 5:16 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#153 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 4, 2020 1:03 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If the Wolves trade Culver they better be getting somebody real good back in the deal. Real good. :D
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#154 » by Dewey » Sun Oct 4, 2020 2:54 pm

“JC making it look too easy” ... because it is ... maybe should focus on selling his ability to make tough mid-range j-shots. Hate it when teams show a player doing something 95% of others in the NBA and D-league can do ... makes them look bad.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#155 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:17 pm

Dewey wrote:“JC making it look too easy” ... because it is ... maybe should focus on selling his ability to make tough mid-range j-shots. Hate it when teams show a player doing something 95% of others in the NBA and D-league can do ... makes them look bad.

I would say at best 25% of the league can make between their legs dunks off a bounce. Then when you factor in how easily JC did it I would say that gets down to 10% or less of the league. JC has mad hops.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#156 » by jpatrick » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:38 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Dewey wrote:“JC making it look too easy” ... because it is ... maybe should focus on selling his ability to make tough mid-range j-shots. Hate it when teams show a player doing something 95% of others in the NBA and D-league can do ... makes them look bad.

I would say at best 25% of the league can make between their legs dunks off a bounce. Then when you factor in how easily JC did it I would say that gets down to 10% or less of the league. JC has mad hops.

Culver has always had a crazy vertical. He posted some 45 inch numbers prior to the draft. However, he’s not explosively quick, which makes it hard for him to get by people. And what’s really bad is he shot 40.4 from the field, 29.9 from three, and 46.2 from the line. If he’s going to be a quality rotational piece, he has to become a competent shooter.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#157 » by jpatrick » Sun Oct 4, 2020 3:41 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is where I’m at. Unless we renounce Beasley, where does the cap space to make an offer come from. A full MLE offer, probably wouldn’t be accepted by Harris, and if he did, it’d easily be matched Brooklyn.

I’d love to have him though.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#158 » by Nick K » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:18 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If the Wolves trade Culver they better be getting somebody real good back in the deal. Real good. :D

I agree. Culver still has a chance to be a fine player. I heard he's been working on new shot mechanics this off season. It couldn't hurt.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#159 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:33 pm

jpatrick wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Culver has always had a crazy vertical. He posted some 45 inch numbers prior to the draft. However, he’s not explosively quick, which makes it hard for him to get by people. And what’s really bad is he shot 40.4 from the field, 29.9 from three, and 46.2 from the line. If he’s going to be a quality rotational piece, he has to become a competent shooter.

I was just responding to Dewey thinking 95% of the the combined NBA and he said D league, but I think he meant G league could do what Culver did and make it look easy. I didn't pay attention to the season much at the end, but I hear down the stretch Culver found his shot again. The first month of the Season Culver was always in the NBA.Com Rookie ladder top 5 or better. Than he fell apart. I think it's reasonable to think he could replicate the first month and last two weeks of the season moving forward.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#160 » by Jedzz » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:44 am

Midw35t wrote:
Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Well then, it's time to send Towns/Dlo/Okogie to Suns, Culver to Cleveland, Jmac to Knicks.

MN gets Oubre/Rubio plus #10 (az), future AZ firsts, #5(Clev), #8 (ny)
Knicks get Ayton/Jmac plus pick #2(gsw). Giving up Robinson, and picks 8,27 and 38
GSW gets Mitchell Robinson/Love and #27(ny). Giving up pick 2 and Wiggins
Cleveland gets Culver/Wiggins+#38(ny)+future Mn 2rp. Giving up pick 5 and Love
Suns get Towns/Dlo/Okogie+33(mn). Giving up #10, Oubre, Rubio, Ayton, future frps

Mn picks at #1, #5, #8, #10, #17 this year to start fresh.

That leaves the team small predraft with:
Rubio
Beasley/(Nowell/Martin)
Oubre/Layman
Juancho/Vanderbuilt
Reid, JJ

How would you rebuild the team with 5 picks this yr.

5 picks in a crap draft who might all be worse than Okogie except for the #1. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'm not sure why we would have to give up more than Dlo and KAT for that haul.

Personally, I wouldn't trade DLo if KAT wants out. Though I doubt the truth to this.

Truth? Who cares? hypothetical. This is just an option. Giving up Okogie and Culver btw, is just part of the fresh rebuild. They haven't yet proven a shot for this Rosas system, so we use them to create this instant shot at many picks and open roster spots for this first round. The Question is posed, how would you use the picks? That is all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves