OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#861 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm

machu46 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Grade the following statement on an objectively true-to-undeniable fact scale: Doug Whitmore (50 First Dates) is Sean Astin's best performance.

It's whatever his character's name was on Stranger Things obviously.

Bob Newby!

Im glad this has turned into a referendum on how awesome Sean Astin is. Big fan of all the roles mentioned.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#862 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Rewatching Hill House this week and finished episode 6 last night, the "tracking shot" episode. Still insane to me how they pulled that off. People went crazy over the six minute tracking shot in True Detective, and Hill House pulled off five of them in one episode.

Read on Twitter
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#863 » by KidA24 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Grade the following statement on an objectively true-to-undeniable fact scale: Doug Whitmore (50 First Dates) is Sean Astin's best performance.

Astin peaked early as Mikey from "The Goonies," and it isn't particularly close.

How quickly everyone forgets Lynn McGill.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#864 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh hell yes.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#865 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:43 pm

Anyone watching Raised by Wolves on HBO Max?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#866 » by emunney » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:01 pm

Alex Gibney in his bag

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#867 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:39 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Anyone watching Raised by Wolves on HBO Max?
I was. Dont think I am any more. Felt like the whole season was building towards something. Watching that season finale was just crushing. What a mess. I WAS PROMISED A PAYOFF!! YOU OWE ME A PAYOFF!

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#868 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:01 pm

Two animated cartoon notes:
1) South Park still has it. The Pandemic Special was humorous and on point in its social commentary.

2) Family Guy's two-episode story of Stewie meeting his future self is pantheon level content for the genre. Forgot how many quotables are in it.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#869 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:12 pm

This just bums me out.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,225

Post#870 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:21 pm

First two episodes of Fargo were pretty good. I like Chris Rock but had a hard time at first with him in this role. But he did well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,225

Post#871 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:55 am

ClassicJack wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Huge fan of Cobra Kai series as well

Not often that an old movie gets rebooted into a tv series and it's actually good

Love them flipping the script and giving you the Johnny Lawrence perspective

Great soundtrack too

I was shocked this show was as enjoyable as it was. Not sure if I think it's good but certainly enjoyable. Awesome show to binge. Short and sweet at 30 minutes and it moves. I've been meaning to finish season 2 for months because somehow, during a pandemic, I haven't been able to block out the time to binge the last 6 episodes.

Daniel-san is a little bitch btw

Watched both seasons over the past 2 weekends. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Predicable yes but I still thought it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to season 3 in January.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#872 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:39 pm

machu46 wrote:Anyone else give Woke a try on Hulu? Stars Lamorne Morris (Winston from New Girl), Blake Anderson (Blake from Workaholics), and some dude named T. Murph who pretty much steals every scene. Not nearly as good as Atlanta, but it has some Atlanta vibes to it IMO.

Finished it this weekend. Overall I thought it was fine but not great. Not sure I liked using the talking cartoons etc trope and generally making it like he's crazy. That was probably the main thing that held it back for me. Acting was good, overall themes were good
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#873 » by Nightfall » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:04 pm

For some reason I had never seen Supernatural until now. Due to the fact that I like horror movies and loved Kripke's "The Boys",I started watching it recently (I am halfway through S1).

I like the old school horror feel, and that each episode is basically one individual story based on an urban legend while the "family story" runs in parallel.

Then I just realized it runs 15 seasons long ! I never would have thought based on the subject and plot that they can make 300+ episodes out of it. So for those who've seen it, is it worth watching all the 15, is there a specific period where you considered a good chance to stop because it became boring/repetitive/soap opera... ?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#874 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:09 pm

Nightfall wrote:For some reason I had never seen Supernatural until now. Due to the fact that I like horror movies and loved Kripke's "The Boys",I started watching it recently (I am halfway through S1).

I like the old school horror feel, and that each episode is basically one individual story based on an urban legend while the "family story" runs in parallel.

Then I just realized it runs 15 seasons long ! I never would have thought based on the subject and plot that they can make 300+ episodes out of it. So for those who've seen it, is it worth watching all the 15, is there a specific period where you considered a good chance to stop because it became boring/repetitive/soap opera... ?

When it started it was probably my favorite show on TV for three or four seasons. Like you said, very urban legend based with some strong familial issues going on throughout each year.

Then in season four they introduce angels and demons and heaven and hell and Lucifer and while a lot of people loved that aspect of the show, I just never bought in, even as there are some truly classic episodes of TV in there. They add an angel named Castiel who becomes a series regular and he's great, but I just preferred the first few years.

I stopped watching somewhere around season seven and I've always meant to go back, but it's literally like a 150+ episodes to go through. Probably won't ever happen.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#875 » by Mags FTW » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:54 pm

Finally saw Upgrade. Good movie, great score. Been listening to it on Spotify. The last track with that ending...haunting.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#876 » by blazza18 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:00 pm

Nightfall wrote:Then I just realized it runs 15 seasons long ! I never would have thought based on the subject and plot that they can make 300+ episodes out of it. So for those who've seen it, is it worth watching all the 15, is there a specific period where you considered a good chance to stop because it became boring/repetitive/soap opera... ?

Think if you had a goal to get through the first 5 seasons you'll be mostly satisfied. IIRC that was the original plan to finish the show.

Following that there are good episodes/decent to good seasons but the quality slightly drops and does get a bit "we're doing this again" kinda thing. The long story arks in the later seasons aren't quite as good as the earlier seasons but they still do a pretty good job at the monster of the week episodes. How the writers have been able to keep the show going for so long is actually pretty commendable.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#877 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:10 am

Nightfall wrote:For some reason I had never seen Supernatural until now. Due to the fact that I like horror movies and loved Kripke's "The Boys",I started watching it recently (I am halfway through S1).

I've watched every episode. I've also been doing so for a number of years, then again it's pretty much right up my alley. There are certainly some slogs in there where a season doesn't offer much. But I like the lead characters and never shook free. The first 4 seasons are the best to be sure. Then there are some great reps scattered throughout.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#878 » by Prez » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:04 am

Good god the Boys season 2 finale.... Give Antony Starr all the awards
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#879 » by blazza18 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:23 am

He does Homelander so **** well.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#880 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:17 pm

Awesome finale.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks