Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Re: Around The NBA: 2019-20 RESTART 

Post#1 » by Southpaw » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:00 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Read on Twitter

@VinceGoodwill: LeBron told Jimmy that the Heat were in trouble, at the end of the first. Jimmy said it in reply late in the fourth, for context

Never change, Jimmy.

He learned from the best while here. Joakim approves hahaha
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#2 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:08 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:Whoa, he walked off the court before the game was officially over. That's not going to age well.

He has a habit of doing this. He did it when the Warriors won their last championship, last season against the Bucks, and when the Orlando Magic defeated his Cavs team almost a decade ago in the ECF. I think I even remember him doing it against the Hawks one time because he didn't like a call late in the game, yet his team won.

I know, but damn. Your team is up 2-1 in the finals.

Exactly. He's such a petty sore loser that it's even showing when his team is up in a series now.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 751

Post#3 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:21 am

dumbell78 wrote:Lebron acting like a bitch right now lol.

What else is new?

Everytime someone does not back down, he shivers. It is why he always tries to go to a more talented roster and also why he is not in my top 5 of all time. He is too sawft when it gets tough.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 751

Post#4 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:23 am

Southpaw wrote:

Watch Vogel send another report to the league about how the Lakers aren't getting calls :lol: :lol: :lol:

He should. They only shot 6 more fts than the Heat jk
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#5 » by ImSlower » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:49 am

I can't imagine Antonio Davis will have another game as poor as that one, will he? Unless he has some nagging injury anyways. Then again, maybe Bam's neck injury sorts itself out enough that he can come back and be a force against AD and James inside.

I'm not taking anything away from my all-time favorite player Jimmy (I decided he really is, since MJ is more of a childhood favorite, but as an adult I've witnessed Jimmy's entire pro career). Man o Man is game four going to be intense. LeBrons got his feelins hurt now that the entire league is tweeting about Butler's Herculean game. Jimmy ain't scared, are you, LeBron?
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#6 » by Southpaw » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:12 am

Pat Riley's FA pitch for the upcoming off-seasons just got better. He can tell whoever the FA is that their best player can carry your team to a finals win but is also willing to defer when necessary.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#7 » by Jeffster81 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:12 am

MrFortune3 wrote:Whoa, he walked off the court before the game was officially over. That's not going to age well.

The only GOAT discussion with LBJ worth having is "GOAT Lil Bitch."

Congrat LBJ you are the greatest lil bitch in the history of basketball. Bravo.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#8 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:21 am

Way to go Jimmy! I miss you. Wish you were doing it here.

Now they just need Bam and Dragic back.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#9 » by Dan Z » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:40 am

ImSlower wrote:I can't imagine Antonio Davis will have another game as poor as that one, will he? Unless he has some nagging injury anyways. Then again, maybe Bam's neck injury sorts itself out enough that he can come back and be a force against AD and James inside.

I'm not taking anything away from my all-time favorite player Jimmy (I decided he really is, since MJ is more of a childhood favorite, but as an adult I've witnessed Jimmy's entire pro career). Man o Man is game four going to be intense. LeBrons got his feelins hurt now that the entire league is tweeting about Butler's Herculean game. Jimmy ain't scared, are you, LeBron?

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#10 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:50 am

Dan Z wrote:
ImSlower wrote:I can't imagine Antonio Davis will have another game as poor as that one, will he? Unless he has some nagging injury anyways. Then again, maybe Bam's neck injury sorts itself out enough that he can come back and be a force against AD and James inside.

:lol:
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Around The NBA 

Post#11 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:52 am

R3AL1TY wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:He has a habit of doing this. He did it when the Warriors won their last championship, last season against the Bucks, and when the Orlando Magic defeated his Cavs team almost a decade ago in the ECF. I think I even remember him doing it against the Hawks one time because he didn't like a call late in the game, yet his team won.

Exactly. He's such a petty sore loser that it's even showing when his team is up in a series now.

If the Heat come back and win this series...IT moment.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#12 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:06 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

If the Heat come back and win this series...IT moment.

If that happens, the Clippers' choke job may end up being forgettable and LeBron may become a wino due to everyone can't stop talking about it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#13 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 5, 2020 12:30 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:If that happens, the Clippers' choke job may end up being forgettable and LeBron may become a wino due to everyone can't stop talking about it.

If that happens, which of course is highly unlikely, it would be regarded as LeBron's signature failure -- even worse than in 2011 -- and Jimmy Butler would become a legend. He would be thought of like AI in 2001, or Hakeem 95, or Moses Malone '83. The pro version of Danny Manning.

But first things first, I'm just happy that the Heat won a game and that this series isn't a sweep. The Heat can play some. I wasn't liking how I was reading about how they were such a weak team coming from a bad conference. Even with their injuries, they have now beaten the Lakers as many times in the playoffs as did any Western Conference team.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#14 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Oct 5, 2020 12:46 pm

I see no realistic way the heat can win this series. It was a great game where they took full advantage of the Lakers overlooking them. I’d like to see them take another game but that is about all I can see. All dreaming aside Lebron and AD are too much to handle in a whole series if they are playing well. Yet I think the heat are the team that scares everyone on any game because scrap teams with high motors are always dangerous.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#15 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:17 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:I see no realistic way the heat can win this series. It was a great game where they took full advantage of the Lakers overlooking them. I’d like to see them take another game but that is about all I can see. All dreaming aside Lebron and AD are too much to handle in a whole series if they are playing well. Yet I think the heat are the team that scares everyone on any game because scrap teams with high motors are always dangerous.

That sounds about right. i would add that the Lakers are no more talented than the Bucks, which the Heat beat three straight times. However, where as the Bucks lived and died on the performance of a single 26 year old, the Lakers are led by two tough veterans, one of which is 23-0 in series where his team has been up 2-0. That's what makes the task so difficult -- the Lakers are highly unlikely to emulate the Bucks and have a prolonged meltdown.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#16 » by ImSlower » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:18 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

:lol:

I woulda gotten away with it if it weren't for you dang kids!
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#17 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:24 pm

I don’t expect Miami to win either, cause LAL has 3:1 top depth after Bam and Goran left. But Miami isn’t just a team of scrappers.

They’re a team with many capable 3P threats and technically skilled and tall defenders, led by a triple threat all around star and creator - which is essentially what the Lakers are as well.

Ultimately it comes down to Jimmy vs Lebron and Davis, which is stacked in the latter’s favor. I concede Lebron is the best NBA player albeit with annoyances.

But hey, when refs decide to throw Miami a bone, then looksie - Anthony Davis gets in foul trouble and the Lakers look a whole lot more vulnerable. Of course it won’t happen again, but IMO it goes to show how much it throws momentum when your star big man picks up 2 arguable fouls in the first quarter. They start playing tentatively and getting frustrated, and it all goes downhill.

I’m not sure why things weren’t appealed and reviewed in the POR and DEN series, but I still maintain that Nurkic, Jokic, Millsap and Bam for his lone 2Qs were aggressively stopped by Lebron’s triple-team stripe defense.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#18 » by Dresden » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:51 pm

othawhitemeat wrote:

What else is new?

Everytime someone does not back down, he shivers. It is why he always tries to go to a more talented roster and also why he is not in my top 5 of all time. He is too sawft when it gets tough.

I agree. Lebron is an otherworldly basketball player, but stuff like what you mentioned knocks him down a few spots among the all time greats in my book. He still is acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way, and he's what, 35 years old?
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#19 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:37 pm

Ice Man wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:If that happens, the Clippers' choke job may end up being forgettable and LeBron may become a wino due to everyone can't stop talking about it.

If that happens, which of course is highly unlikely, it would be regarded as LeBron's signature failure -- even worse than in 2011 -- and Jimmy Butler would become a legend. He would be thought of like AI in 2001, or Hakeem 95, or Moses Malone '83. The pro version of Danny Manning.

But first things first, I'm just happy that the Heat won a game and that this series isn't a sweep. The Heat can play some. I wasn't liking how I was reading about how they were such a weak team coming from a bad conference. Even with their injuries, they have now beaten the Lakers as many times in the playoffs as did any Western Conference team.

He'd become a made man like Dirk. Remember before the title everyone said he was soft and couldn't win in the playoffs.

Well half this board said he's full of himself, can't lead a team, isn't good enough to build around etc. I think he's proven that wrong already but he'd be a made man like Dirk. Probably even moreso since he's going up against Bron head to head.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#20 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:53 pm

Well in the press conference LeBron said Jimmy was phenomenal, soo there's that.

Return to Chicago Bulls