Image ImageImage Image

OT: Blackhawks Board needs you!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

OT: Blackhawks Board needs you! 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi all! I see some my old posters still here, wow! For the Dougs and Pduhs on here that remember me, Hi you guys doing!

Anyway, over the years I've really drifted away from the NBA with the new style of play (no defense) and constant drama. I've made a full move to hockey (all levels) and really love the nuance of the game. Yes, I am as detailed if not more detailed in hockey as my nearly 20 years of bulls board postings... come check it out and lets have a Hawks discussion!

Please visit the Hawks board!

viewforum.php?f=210
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Re: OT: Blackhawks Board needs you! 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:46 am

Let's atleast give some respect to this thread fellas
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:35 pm

Thanks Dom... guess no Hawks fans (maybe just all 10-15 fairweather) - well I flew all the way to AZ for JRs Jersey retirement (yes he played for the yotes and yes that wacko franchise retired his jersey lol) so maybe I’m in the minority of my love for the Hawks these days
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,703

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:41 pm

Basketball/Hockey can be incompatible in terms of being a fan of both. They are typically on at the same times on the same days during the same seasons. If you were to pick any two major sports with the least amount of fans of both, I'd say it would be these two. My wife was a big blackhawks fan during the glory years (just fair weather) and I am obviously a big Bulls fan. We used to argue over what we were watching because you couldn't do both.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#5 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:45 pm

GRADEN wrote:Thanks Dom... guess no Hawks fans (maybe just all 10-15 fairweather) - well I flew all the way to AZ for JRs Jersey retirement (yes he played for the yotes and yes that wacko franchise retired his jersey lol) so maybe I’m in the minority of my love for the Hawks these days

I posted something in one of the threads. I'll try to get over there as often as I can.
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#6 » by Sinistar6 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:38 am

GRADEN’s work on the NHL draft is amazing. Had a great time checking out the board! thanks for the heads up.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:29 am

Thanks Sin, super appreciate it!
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#8 » by Onibuh » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:09 am

no traffic, my guess would be Looking at another board if you want to talk About the Hawks. It looks more like some self Talking here :D
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#9 » by GRADEN » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:11 pm

It is posted there for friends I have private numbers for. Always has been. Other boards are average at best... and most of the better sites are heavy Canada

Certainly not worth the comment...

Just figured with all the down time someone would like to chat Hawks... nbd

And yes Doug / they are same times etc - it’s why I chose hockey! You know me, my love is in the nuance and detail of the game... I lost that when the NBA went to “it’s a surprise when someone doesn’t score” / the free throw parade of Harden / Khardashian nonsense invading the league / d Rose nonsense / bulls management incompetence- I just had had enough. I still love college and am glued to BTN during the season. Hockey provides that grit and grind I require. Not for everyone, maybe just me.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:17 pm

GRADEN wrote:And yes Doug / they are same times etc - it’s why I chose hockey! You know me, my love is in the nuance and detail of the game... I lost that when the NBA went to “it’s a surprise when someone doesn’t score” / the free throw parade of Harden / Khardashian nonsense invading the league / d Rose nonsense / bulls management incompetence- I just had had enough. I still love college and am glued to BTN during the season. Hockey provides that grit and grind I require. Not for everyone, maybe just me.

Would never really argue with someone why they choose one sport over another, nor try to convince someone the most recent Bulls era has been compelling. Basketball will probably always be my sport, but I would have said the same thing about the NFL at one point instead of basketball, so you never know.

I've enjoyed hockey live, but its never done it for me on TV for one reason or another for some of the same reasons soccer doesn't. You can outplay the other team a lot and just not get the luck on the goals, and you can watch forever then go to the bathroom and miss the only interesting thing to happen all game (granted, this is much more likely in soccer), but either way, I go back to my first point which is there's no reason to have one preference or another other than what you personally enjoy.
@doug_thonus on twitter
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GRADEN » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:56 pm

Yep / agree DT - and I highly doubt people enjoy the board battles like I do or look on the opposite dots for the player that was checked and has to come back around the same time there is an opposing line change and I know they’ll meet up.

I’ve been lucky to have had tickets to some amazing live hockey and you correct - for me / not a better event in live sports.

I remember ponying up big money to see Dwight Howard visit with the magic and I sat almost court side and wow the crowd couldn’t care less down there but in the upper level with the true fans I couldn’t see anything... in those regards hockey is where it’s at.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#12 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:51 pm

GRADEN wrote:Yep / agree DT - and I highly doubt people enjoy the board battles like I do or look on the opposite dots for the player that was checked and has to come back around the same time there is an opposing line change and I know they’ll meet up.

I’ve been lucky to have had tickets to some amazing live hockey and you correct - for me / not a better event in live sports.

I remember ponying up big money to see Dwight Howard visit with the magic and I sat almost court side and wow the crowd couldn’t care less down there but in the upper level with the true fans I couldn’t see anything... in those regards hockey is where it’s at.

Watching hockey live, I've felt I could follow the strategy and what was going on much better than on TV, with basketball, I've generally found it to be the reverse. I think watching on TV has generally been better (or same).
@doug_thonus on twitter
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#13 » by GRADEN » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:27 pm

Agree with you there, a lot of it has to do with the contrast too (for me) .... white floor / black puck etc. I agree hockey is one of the easier sports to pick up details with. When at an nba game, other than a pnr I was lost when players would space around or fade to corner or whatever it was.

Either way, it’s draft day and this is a really good one!

If you didn’t catch it the OTC episode 1 was released and Stan and MK said “pay attention, we will draft one of these guys”... in the show they mentioned 8 guys:

Jack Quinn, Rodion Amirov, Mavrik Bourque, Hendrix Lapierre, Dawson Mercer, Dylan Holloway, Seth Jarvis, and Connor Zary

No surprises other than they didn’t list D Kaiden Guhle whom is a legit stud at LD. Could be a smoke screen, but we’lol fine out soon.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#14 » by GRADEN » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:03 pm

Well I kinda nailed it....

Lukas Reichel was my darkhorse pick / knew they liked him... went with Mercer whom went 1 pick later

Now!!!! They just picked G Commesso with 46... and guess what? That was my exact pick in that spot. I’m thrilled beyond belief! Wow! Full details on him and his game have been on hawks board for awhile now
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#15 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

This was cool. He obviously really wanted to be a Blackhawk (or Pen). Hawk jerseys hanging in the background.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#16 » by GRADEN » Wed Oct 7, 2020 8:43 pm

Yea was happy for him

Kane and hawks always his favorites...
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#17 » by GRADEN » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Just in case yall missed it:

Brandon Saad to Aves for D Nikita Zadarov

(Gilbert and lindholm wash out in this deal btw)

Losing Saad was not unexpected but most don’t know Zadarov.

Former 1st rounder big as a house 6’5 225-230 can hit like a brick. Has a nice point shot and his best asset is probably his personality on a team. He really enjoys the game and teammates love him.

He is going to slot in on the 2nd pair likely with Murphy and that is now the shut down line to Keith / Boqvist offense line.

3rd pairing if I had to guess is De Haan and Mitchell with Carlson / Beaudin / Seeler etc coming in when needed

I fully expect an extension immediately in that 3/12 range. He is just 25 and has tons of experience. It’s a good pickup I just wish we got some picks is all.

Return to Chicago Bulls