Expectations for DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish in Year 2

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Re: Expectations for DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish in Year 2 

Post#21 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:16 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I've been on Bertans from the beginning. Get a good deal TS. Also like Burkes and/or Burke cheap

You have? I don’t remember. Prove the post or it never happened. I can prove a post where a poster didn’t want Jaylen Brown for Bembry. I can have that on your desk by 4! :lol:

I trust my account of my posts, if you don't have at it :lol:
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#22 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:17 pm

It's really not a reach. In a very limited FA year Bertans has made the most sense from the beginning
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#23 » by Spud2nique » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:05 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I've been on Bertans from the beginning. Get a good deal TS. Also like Burkes and/or Burke cheap

You have? I don’t remember. Prove the post or it never happened. I can prove a post where a poster didn’t want Jaylen Brown for Bembry. I can have that on your desk by 4! :lol:

I trust my account of my posts, if you don't have at it :lol:

Just don’t say anything stupid like our old acquaintance the back stabbing bag of dirt, ya... her. :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:51 am

Read on Twitter
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Post#25 » by myrak433 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds good. Can’t wait to see his growth on the court
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,869

Post#26 » by jayu70 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#27 » by graymule » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Reddish is stronger and taller! Wow! And, now he's healthy before the season!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 pm

D Hunter looking amazing thus far in year 2. Leading the pack in both offense and defense.

Cam...is also there. Pulling up the rear. :nonono:

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:11 am

The 10 Best Trade Chips in the NBA Right Now

De'Andre Hunter, Atlanta Hawks

De'Andre Hunter is building up a lot of goodwill to start the season. Pretty much every part of his game has improved compared to his rookie year.

Putting the ball in his hands is no longer a risky proposition. His drives are less predictable. He's shifting speeds and making smarter passes. His turnover rate as the pick-and-roll ball-handler has dropped from 16.7 percent last year to a ridiculously low 5.3 now.

Take him off the ball and he'll still make an impact. He's canning 41.2 percent of his catch-and-shoot treys. His defense is also sturdier.

This isn't a player the Atlanta Hawks should actively be looking to move. Cam Reddish is more disruptive at the defensive end but remains an offensive wild card. Hunter is by far and away the Hawks' best two-way wing.

But injuries have masked just how crowded their rotation will eventually be, and their recent offensive slumps suggest they might need to shake things up by way of player consolidation. Hunter has two more years left on his rookie-scale deal, and every team is in the market for building-block wings.

More than Kevin Huerter or even John Collins, both of whom will require new contracts sooner, Hunter gives Atlanta the baseline for a star-landing trade offer—assuming the right star, likely a much higher-end perimeter player not named James Harden, becomes available.
Bleacher Report
jayu70
RealGM

Post#30 » by jayu70 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:59 pm

2019 Redraft:

4. De’Andre Hunter, Atlanta (actual pick: fourth): Hey, the league is 4 for 4 so far! This never happens. Good job, everyone. Shooting up the board this year after a hugely disappointing rookie season, Hunter was a candidate to win the Most Improved Player award before being sidelined with a knee injury. He was an older rookie and is already 23, but his performance this year (PER 17.5 with solid D at the league’s hardest position to fill) is the thing that teams with the next set of prospects are just hoping they get somewhere down the line.

14. Cam Reddish, Atlanta (actual pick: 10th): Reddish has the best highlights and the worst lowlights of any player between 10 and 20 on this list. A big wing with fast hands, there is definite defensive stopper potential here, and that’s likely to be his calling card regardless of how the offense comes around.

Um, about that offense. Reddish is a minus shooter with an elbows-out form that offers little confidence he can become a consistent plus perimeter threat. Despite his size and athleticism, he struggles to finish around the basket, and his handle on the ball gets really wild. He’s also a bit older than some other one-and-dones, turning 22 in September.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#31 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

jayu70 wrote:2019 Redraft:

4. De’Andre Hunter, Atlanta (actual pick: fourth): Hey, the league is 4 for 4 so far! This never happens. Good job, everyone. Shooting up the board this year after a hugely disappointing rookie season, Hunter was a candidate to win the Most Improved Player award before being sidelined with a knee injury. He was an older rookie and is already 23, but his performance this year (PER 17.5 with solid D at the league’s hardest position to fill) is the thing that teams with the next set of prospects are just hoping they get somewhere down the line.

14. Cam Reddish, Atlanta (actual pick: 10th): Reddish has the best highlights and the worst lowlights of any player between 10 and 20 on this list. A big wing with fast hands, there is definite defensive stopper potential here, and that’s likely to be his calling card regardless of how the offense comes around.

Um, about that offense. Reddish is a minus shooter with an elbows-out form that offers little confidence he can become a consistent plus perimeter threat. Despite his size and athleticism, he struggles to finish around the basket, and his handle on the ball gets really wild. He’s also a bit older than some other one-and-dones, turning 22 in September.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hope that Hunter can come back, get in game shape quickly and not have his tranjectory affected.

Think that Cam was suffering from an accute case of bad coach Pierceitis. Hopeful that he can at least quickly get back to end of last season form
jayu70
RealGM

Post#32 » by jayu70 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:45 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:2019 Redraft:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Hope that Hunter can come back, get in game shape quickly and not have his tranjectory affected.

Think that Cam was suffering from an accute case of bad coach Pierceitis. Hopeful that he can at least quickly get back to end of last season form

Cam's problem is his inconsistent shooting motion and his feet.
It was discussed in the early part of last season (Pierce and Vince) in regards to him not being shot ready and balanced as well as the 'noodle' in his shot. They worked with him on these 2 things and you saw the difference the 2nd half of last season.
The COVID break seems to have disrupted those mechanics and he's reverted back to his bad habits. Hopefully he has another 2nd half turn around when he returns. He also really needs to tighten up his handle.

Return to Atlanta Hawks