ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#741 » by stuporman » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:20 am

Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:The Trump and republican base does not care what he does or happens they are voting for him so none of this matters to them. The undecideds.....which I cannot understand how anyone is undecided at this point but I suppose there are some out there, they can be swayed by this.

The election is going to be decided not with ballots but with judges and Trump has been working towards this end for his whole term. Republicans have been rigging elections for decades and this one will not be any different because Biden doesn't have the strong support to make that irrelevant.

This only works if the results of the election are close. It takes a lot of planning and scheming to pull off a coup. Trump and the Republicans are the stupidest **** bunch of goons possible.

Republicans have been doing this for decades so this isn't a 'coup' in the normal sense of the word, it's a pattern of behavior from them for a very long time. Thom Hartmann does a real good job of explaining what election red shift is and how they accomplish it. He wrote a book but there's also alot of youtube video from him on it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,648

Post#742 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 1:59 am

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

His breathing is very labored. He’s in deep shyt
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#743 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:01 am

stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:The Trump and republican base does not care what he does or happens they are voting for him so none of this matters to them. The undecideds.....which I cannot understand how anyone is undecided at this point but I suppose there are some out there, they can be swayed by this.

The election is going to be decided not with ballots but with judges and Trump has been working towards this end for his whole term. Republicans have been rigging elections for decades and this one will not be any different because Biden doesn't have the strong support to make that irrelevant.

This only works if the results of the election are close. It takes a lot of planning and scheming to pull off a coup. Trump and the Republicans are the stupidest **** bunch of goons possible.

Republicans have been doing this for decades so this isn't a 'coup' in the normal sense of the word, it's a pattern of behavior from them for a very long time. Thom Hartmann does a real good job of explaining what election red shift is and how they accomplish it. He wrote a book but there's also alot of youtube video from him on it.

True, it has been in the works for a long time but it only came together due to unexpected circumstances, i.e. Trump beating Hillary.

But this is getting into verboten territory. :lol:

damn sure is. -JVG
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#744 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:27 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

His breathing is very labored. He’s in deep shyt

someone who cares about him really should have advised him not to leave

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,048

Post#745 » by Capn'O » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:33 am

robillionaire wrote:someone who cares about him really should have advised him not to leave

There's the snarky easy money response to this... but I think a lot of people did.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,678

Post#746 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:43 am

stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Well Republicans have already been able to do this because their voters show up and vote in Presidential elections, mid term elections and special elections. Democratic voters have dropped the ball over the years losing sight of the bigger picture. Well this election is the one and only chance to break the pattern of behavior.

It’s a census year, Democrats already control the House, a weak candidate is President and the Senate is completely winnable. Like I said if people show up in record numbers and vote in person so badly that Trump gets blown out election night then he there’s nothing to steal. It’s completely within the realm of possibility to make it happen. Vote early and vote in person. A lot of the problems that you point out can be fixed if Democrats get control of all 3 branches of government.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#747 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:48 am

UFC star Colby Covington was at the Biden Trump debate without a mask, of course.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#748 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:49 am

Capn'O wrote:
robillionaire wrote:someone who cares about him really should have advised him not to leave

There's the snarky easy money response to this... but I think a lot of people did.

Don Jr. wanted to have an "intervention" but Ivanka and Jarred won't do it.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#749 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:58 am

Grimacing in pain :noway: :crazy:

Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#750 » by stuporman » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:47 am

Pointgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Well Republicans have already been able to do this because their voters show up and vote in Presidential elections, mid term elections and special elections. Democratic voters have dropped the ball over the years losing sight of the bigger picture. Well this election is the one and only chance to break the pattern of behavior.

It’s a census year, Democrats already control the House, a weak candidate is President and the Senate is completely winnable. Like I said if people show up in record numbers and vote in person so badly that Trump gets blown out election night then he there’s nothing to steal. It’s completely within the realm of possibility to make it happen. Vote early and vote in person. A lot of the problems that you point out can be fixed if Democrats get control of all 3 branches of government.

That's the story the gop wants you to believe and the dems kind of go along with it because they think it also serves them in motivating turn out but the reality is republicans go to great lengths to disenfranchise democrat voters. There is a wide array of ways they do this but suffice to say it's the only reason they have the power they still do.

The only way to combat it is voter vigilance in checking, double checking, triple checking and checking again that one is registered and all the proper information and verification is in place so that any of those tactics cannot pop up to surprise at the last minute.

If there is anything amiss you will be handed a provisional ballot which is like not voting at all because they are not counted. They only get counted if the specific district is contested and the voter has already gone to the proper office to provide the missing documentation in the short window of time allotted which they unsurprisingly fail to tell people when they give them the ballot so few do this.

Most people don't know this is going on and they think they have voted so go about their blissfully unaware state but in reality they have been successfully disenfranchised by the republicans.....this doesn't happen a tiny of a faction of the times with rep voters that it does dem voters....by design.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,312

Post#751 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:53 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

The palace intrigue grows with Kushner and Ivanka holding the current reins of the chariot and brother Donald Jr. freaking out over Daddy's worsening mental state. It's quite ironic that Jr. is the one who thinks the car ride stunt was a bad idea and the other members of the clans orchestrated it. They're all devious and crazy, but Jared and Ivanka are the ones to be concerned about.
The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”

This Is Fine

They're all scumbags
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#752 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:04 am

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope someone turns this into an attack political ad and plays it endlessly on TV.
That's exactly what the republicans, and Trump in particular, would do.

"So sick...so unfit..."
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#753 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:06 am

stuporman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Would that be in the book "Screwed"? It's the only one of his I read, and I think it's covered in there, but it's been over a year since I read it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#754 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:10 am

Who thought that COVID would be the one to kick Trump out of the WH when he losses? Divine intervention? lol
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,547

Post#755 » by cgmw » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:50 am

I cop to my own amateur ignorance here, but my uninformed opinion is that voter turnout is 99% of what matters, not "undecideds." If purple state momentum flushes red then Trump will win. If momentum looks blue, then Biden gets it. The idea of "undecideds" is becoming less and less relevant in the 24/7 smartphone news cycle era. It's all about who stays home vs who feels motivated to cast a vote.

Trump needs to flip the script from Covid vulnerability/weakness into a show of strength, like that baboon running Brazil who survived Covid only to basically call everyone a p*ssy for making a big deal of it. Right wing voters vote for perceived strength and refusal to be politically correct, which they view as abhorrent weakness. This bout with Covid could give Trump a real boost if he truly survives it unscathed and wears it like a badge of honor calling everyone else a p*ssy.

Historically and legally, it'll be super interesting if Trump carries the electoral college vote via court decision while losing the popular vote by >5+ million. At that point, I think Putin can truly celebrate that he dismantled American democracy.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#756 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:46 am

The Conway Family has to do a TV reality show! :lol:

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,678

Post#757 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:20 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Who thought that COVID would be the one to kick Trump out of the WH when he losses? Divine intervention? lol

It’s almost like celebrating the death of someone and thumbing their nose at their dying wish didn’t go over well.....

Read on Twitter
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,062

Post#758 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope someone turns this into an attack political ad and plays it endlessly on TV.
That's exactly what the republicans, and Trump in particular, would do.

"So sick...so unfit..."

Lincoln Project already did
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#759 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:50 pm

The debate combined with Trump's bout with Covid (and the American people overwhelmingly feeling like he deserved it) is showing a lot of widening in the polls for Biden. Pretty much every state that Trump needs, except Florida, is currently well out of the margin of error for Biden.

Re-centering the focus of the election to Covid is absolutely devastating for Trump. Especially since millions are already voting, so even if the shifts away from Trump are temporary, they are locked in to a degree they wouldn't normally be.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#760 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to New York Knicks