ImageImageImageImageImage

PER LeBron & Anthony Davis

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

PER LeBron & Anthony Davis 

Post#1 » by Freighttrain » Sun Oct 4, 2020 6:13 pm

I was just checking some stats on bball reference when I saw that LeBron and AD are 2nd and 3rd ALL TIME in PER, right behind Michael Jordan. How crazy is that? Considering both are on the same team. We're so lucky to watch them play together.

And I know PER isn't the all meaningful stat but it does give some perspective as to who the all-time great players are if you look at the rest of the list.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: PER LeBron & Anthony Davis 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:07 pm

It explains why our team looks like crap when either one of them sits... Imagine if they had a better supporting cast? Playoff Rondo and Dwight aside, it's really just those 2 guys winning games for us. And I don't know if I believe in another year of playoff Rondo and Dwight...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#3 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:36 am

Kilroy wrote:It explains why our team looks like crap when either one of them sits... Imagine if they had a better supporting cast? Playoff Rondo and Dwight aside, it's really just those 2 guys winning games for us. And I don't know if I believe in another year of playoff Rondo and Dwight...

To be fair to the supporting cast: Look at this CBA. Chris Paul who's supposed to be this great players rep, essentially did him, and a handful of his boys a solid, meanwhile sh**ting on the 'middle class' (sound like who they claim to protest???).

CP3, Lebron...their rockin these 35-40 mil contracts......so you have AD and Lebron taking up just under $65mil, while the other 12-13 guys have to divvy up less than half (sounds crazy...cry me a river!!) and we expect great things from the rest.

AD will get a new contract, and he and Lebron will take damn near $80 mil out of a $110 mil cap..... what are we to expect from the rest, right??
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#4 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:41 am

*sigh*...checked out the hoopshype salary website while making my post above. Realize we're still on the books for 2 more years @$5 large for Deng.

Holly F** we've come a long ways from Jim Buss. What a jack-ass he was. Mozgov and Deng. I still remember that night when Lakers announced Mozgov like 5-10 minutes into the FA window. What a nightmare. Got my issues with Magic, and how he left.....but oh my god, did he save us from eternal ruin.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Tue Oct 6, 2020 1:46 pm

I expect to see the two of them ruin the Heat tonight. Have two team mates ever posted 40 each in the finals?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers