ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors need to trade for Paul George

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Warriors need to trade for Paul George 

Post#1 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:15 pm

Like now.. Make a Draymond for Paul George swap. The TE can absorb the salary disparity.

Why for Warriors?
Georges perceived value will never be this low again while hes in his prime..
Draymond seems increasingly unhappy and discontented on this team.. and sometimes a change is needed. Its better to make these changes BEFORE going back into battle vs after. His value wont be higher than it is right now as well with his stellar appearances on tnt(shows his BBIQ)
Paul George is a perfect 2, 3 or 4th wheel depending on the matchup.. Klay, Wiggins and PG on the perimeter would be a wrap for most teams who arent the Lakers or Clippers
Wiggins value will rise playing with a similar styled player and will allow either of them to step up when the others head is not in the game on a nightly basis..
Allows you to draft who they want to draft anyway.. Wiseman.. Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Paul, Wiseman.. thats a tough starting 5
They'll likely lose to the Clippers with this trade and the Lakers.. but the value of Wiggins or George and Wiseman should be high enough with the success of this team..to deal for Giannis if it comes to that later on..

Why for Clippers?
They get a fiery, intelligent, smart LEADER.. who can also playmake(they still will need actual point guard).. But the lineups of Lou Will, Trez, Kawhi, Shamet .. now suddenly fit because they have a guy who can make almost every pass and knows where players should be on offense and defense
Allows Clips to deal beverly for a playmaker
Changes the tenor in the locker room.. Paul Georges personality isnt changing.. so change his personality with one thats a likely better fit.. and raises the tenor of the laker/clipper rivalry after the lakers win this year..
Clips likely win next year with this change and a few others to fill holes

Thoughts?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: Warriors need to trade for Paul George 

Post#2 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:55 pm

Upperclass wrote:Like now.. Make a Draymond for Paul George swap. The TE can absorb the salary disparity.

Why for Warriors?
Georges perceived value will never be this low again while hes in his prime..
Draymond seems increasingly unhappy and discontented on this team.. and sometimes a change is needed. Its better to make these changes BEFORE going back into battle vs after. His value wont be higher than it is right now as well with his stellar appearances on tnt(shows his BBIQ)
Paul George is a perfect 2, 3 or 4th wheel depending on the matchup.. Klay, Wiggins and PG on the perimeter would be a wrap for most teams who arent the Lakers or Clippers
Wiggins value will rise playing with a similar styled player and will allow either of them to step up when the others head is not in the game on a nightly basis..
Allows you to draft who they want to draft anyway.. Wiseman.. Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Paul, Wiseman.. thats a tough starting 5
They'll likely lose to the Clippers with this trade and the Lakers.. but the value of Wiggins and Wiseman should be high enough with the success of this team..to deal for Giannis if it comes to that later on..

Why for Clippers?
They get a fiery, intelligent, smart LEADER.. who can also playmake(they still will need actual point guard).. But the lineups of Lou Will, Trez, Kawhi, Shamet .. now suddenly fit because they have a guy who can make almost every pass and knows where players should be on offense and defense
Allows Clips to deal beverly for a playmaker
Changes the tenor in the locker room.. Paul Georges personality isnt changing.. so change his personality with one thats a likely better fit.. and raises the tenor of the laker/clipper rivalry after the lakers win this year..
Clips likely win next year with this change and a few others to fill holes

Thoughts?

Trade exceptions don't work that way. They can't be combined with a player's salary to get a more expensive player.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#3 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:04 pm

Imagine if LA was crazy enough to take on Wiggins instead of Draymond. :lol:

Also, Warriors have draft picks which the Clippers lack.

Always wondered how Steph, Klay and PG would look together if they had drafted PG instead of Udoh in 2010.
#DubNation
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:27 pm

Nothing I've seen lately indicates to me that PG has the temperament to be a championship winning player. He seems to be the anti-Butler.

Would I rather have him than Wiggins? I'm not sure but it seems to me that we got Wiggins at precisely the moment he's matured and entered his "prime". That moment Kerr spoke about when a player's physical abilities and knowledge of the game simultaneously peak.

PG has already reached his prime and is likely coming toward its end. Wiggins is just entering it and may be a better player going forward than PG. It's a chance I'm willing to take considering what we would have to pay to make that swap happen.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:33 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Nothing I've seen lately indicates to me that PG has the temperament to be a championship winning player. He seems to be the anti-Butler.

Would I rather have him than Wiggins? I'm not sure but it seems to me that we got Wiggins at precisely the moment he's matured and entered his "prime". That moment Kerr spoke about when a player's physical abilities and knowledge of the game simultaneously peak.

PG has already reached his prime and is likely coming toward its end. Wiggins is just entering it and may be a better player going forward than PG. It's a chance I'm willing to take considering what we would have to pay to make that swap happen.

I said Green.. keep Wiggins.. Wiggins would have no value to a contending Clippers team
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#6 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:40 pm

Upperclass wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Nothing I've seen lately indicates to me that PG has the temperament to be a championship winning player. He seems to be the anti-Butler.

I said Green.. keep Wiggins.. Wiggins would have no value to a contending Clippers team

To trade Green for PG you have to add another $6.1M in salary. NOT the trade exception, that's not allowed.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:42 pm

We don’t need no Kitty cats. No to Paul George
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#8 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:43 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Upperclass wrote:

To trade Green for PG you have to add another $6.1M in salary. NOT the trade exception, that's not allowed.

In this horrible idea you’d just have to add Looney and I think it works. But God please no.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#9 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Upperclass wrote:

In this horrible idea you’d just have to add Looney and I think it works. But God please no.

With the current roster you would have to add Looney + one of Poole, Smailagic, or Paschall.

I've heard worse ideas, I just don't remember when.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 4:56 pm

Looneys body is continually falling apart and Poole, Smailagic, or Paschall arent difference makers.. a wing that can defend anywhere on the court and shoot 40% from 3 isnt worth Draymond, an injured post defender and a few D leaguers? Odd. We'll see what happens with Green though..
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#11 » by TB » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:12 pm

I think both teams say no to this.

Dubs are rightfully content trying to get another title with Steph/Klay/Dray

Clippers are rightfully not going to freak out on year one of Leonard/PG not getting a title. They will tweak the rotation players, not the core 2.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#12 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:14 pm

Upperclass wrote:Looneys body is continually falling apart and Poole, Smailagic, or Paschall arent difference makers.. a wing that can defend anywhere on the court and shoot 40% from 3 isnt worth Draymond, an injured post defender and a few D leaguers? Odd. We'll see what happens with Green though..

I'm sure Kawhi really wants to play with Draymond and get yelled at like Durant did. The Clippers would laugh at this deal.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#13 » by Little Digger » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:50 pm

The Draymond support here is really low

Should have been a thread full of *hell no’s!!!”

Instead just a few crickets

Draymond is the absolute definition of a dog..He’s the exact opposite of Paul Snowflake George

I would have thought at some point everybody would have figured out Steph, Klay and Draymond are true Warriors who don’t go for the snowflake way to a championship (See KD)
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#14 » by CS707 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:06 pm

The idea of Draymond as a Clipper makes me want to barf. Non starter.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#15 » by northoakland510 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:07 pm

After what we have heard about and saw of George why should they trade for him? He might be a better scorer than Draymond, but has no where near the heart.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:25 pm

Little Digger wrote:The Draymond support here is really low

Draymond is the absolute definition of a dog..He’s the exact opposite of Paul Snowflake George

I would have thought at some point everybody would have figured out Steph, Klay and Draymond are true Warriors who don’t go for the snowflake way to a championship (See KD)

We'll come back to this at some point im sure.. He isnt what everyone thinks he is based on antics and fond championship memories. He directly cost the Warriors a chip in 2016.. almost cost them one in 2018 during the Houston series behind the scenes and subsequently very likely forced out KD indirectly.. If things arent as sterling as they have always been for this team (very likely) next season.. I suspect you'll see a very unhappy and counter-productive Draymond. But we'll see like most things..
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#17 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:31 pm

Upperclass wrote:
Little Digger wrote:The Draymond support here is really low

We'll come back to this at some point im sure.. He isnt what everyone thinks he is based on antics and fond championship memories. He directly cost the Warriors a chip in 2016.. almost cost them one in 2018 during the Houston series behind the scenes and subsequently very likely forced out KD indirectly.. If things arent as sterling as they have always been for this team (very likely) next season.. I suspect you'll see a very unhappy and counter-productive Draymond. But we'll see like most things..

Unless you're gonna provide some evidence of this, that seems like baseless speculation.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#18 » by TB » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:39 pm

Draymond directly got us 3 rings and 5 straight finals appearances. Those don't happen without Draymond.

2016 he got weak techs/flagrants throughout playoffs, and a dumb NBA rule got exposed when those cost him a game in the finals because Lebron pulled a weak move. Still should have won, but things happen.

2018 we won a title, not sure what we are talking about here.

Everything Dray said was correct about KD. He was never going to stay.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:40 pm

^ isnt that what a message board is for? This isnt a published article. Speculation aside, he also shot .404 from 2 and .118 from 3.. with a bottom 5 team drtg against the only challenge that team had in two years besides being overmatched vs the Raps.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#20 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:45 pm

Upperclass wrote:^ isnt that what a message board is for? This isnt a published article. Speculation aside, he also shot .404 from 2 and .118 from 3.. with a bottom 5 team drtg against the only challenge that team had in two years besides being overmatched vs the Raps.

I like this board when we discuss things that are rooted in fact. Saying that Draymond nearly cost us the Houston series behind the scenes without providing any evidence for that claim dilutes the quality of discussion on the board. There are valid concerns about Dray's body holding up over the life of his contract, his shot disappearing, and if his poor production last year was a harbinger of things to come. I'm happy to discuss those subjects because they are tangible and we can point to how he's performed on the court and come to our own conclusions. But the Houston thing you mentioned isn't that. It's entirely speculative.

Return to Golden State Warriors