ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors need to trade for Paul George

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Re: Warriors need to trade for Paul George 

Post#21 » by Upperclass » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:07 pm

^ Maybe it is.. maybe it isnt. But the general nature of sports message boards is to break news, to discuss possibilities and strategies .. to latement and pontificate on what shouldve and couldve.. all akin to theorization and speculation..
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#22 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:09 pm

Upperclass wrote:^ Maybe it is.. maybe it isnt. But the general nature of sports message boards is to break news, to discuss possibilities and strategies .. to latement and pontificate on what shouldve and couldve.. all akin to theorization and speculation..

You forgot to add, "and make stuff up."
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#23 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:28 pm

Upperclass wrote:^ Maybe it is.. maybe it isnt. But the general nature of sports message boards is to break news, to discuss possibilities and strategies .. to latement and pontificate on what shouldve and couldve.. all akin to theorization and speculation..

Well, it's good to know that you're not a serious poster.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#24 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:11 pm

Draymond could still be impactful for the Warriors.

We still have yet to see Draymond with Steph and Klay for the first time since 2016.

When KD joined GSW, Draymond had to take a backseat to allow KD to be more aggressive in those forward positions. When KD went down in the 2019 Playoffs, Draymond suddenly had a bunch of big games, triple doubles and near triple doubles.

Last season, Draymond was by himself the whole season with a bunch of rookies and young guys, so he didn't get to play his normal game.

Next season, Draymond gets to go back to that 3rd star role behind Steph and Klay which is the sweet spot for him. He can focus more on defense and playmaking again, and we could see a possible comeback season for Dray.
#DubNation
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#25 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:43 pm

Little Digger wrote:The Draymond support here is really low

Should have been a thread full of *hell no’s!!!”

Instead just a few crickets

Draymond is the absolute definition of a dog..He’s the exact opposite of Paul Snowflake George

I would have thought at some point everybody would have figured out Steph, Klay and Draymond are true Warriors who don’t go for the snowflake way to a championship (See KD)

To be fair, the initial trade proposal was completely illegal. That certainly derailed me from bothering to post “hell no” heh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#26 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:08 pm

Upperclass wrote:

Draymond is the absolute definition of a dog..He’s the exact opposite of Paul Snowflake George

I would have thought at some point everybody would have figured out Steph, Klay and Draymond are true Warriors who don’t go for the snowflake way to a championship (See KD)

We'll come back to this at some point im sure.. He isnt what everyone thinks he is based on antics and fond championship memories. He directly cost the Warriors a chip in 2016.. almost cost them one in 2018 during the Houston series behind the scenes and subsequently very likely forced out KD indirectly.. If things arent as sterling as they have always been for this team (very likely) next season.. I suspect you'll see a very unhappy and counter-productive Draymond. But we'll see like most things..

Dray is the definition of a team player and a leader. Any talk of issues behind the scenes are due to 1. KD not being a team player or buying in 100% to what they were running and 2. Kerr discouraging him from shooting.

I get Dray's stance in both cases.

What set him off in the first instance was KD's constant bitching about Klay and Steph taking too many shots which Dray has spoken about publicly. An open shot for either Steph or Klay is as good as a shot for KD so he should stfu. If KD can't handle that it's better that he move on.

As for Kerr not believing in him taking shots, you gotta trust Dray. Sure, he's not going to hit 40% of his 3s but if you want the ruthless defense you gotta accept the mediocre shooting, you gotta be ready to take the bad with the good and it seems like Kerr's come around on that.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 843

Post#27 » by DevinVassell » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:01 am

Trading Draymond is blasphemy. Personally I never trade Steph, Klay or Dray for anyone. They are ours, Warriors for life akin to Duncan, Parker (basically) and Ginobili being Spurs lifers.

Championships are so much more rewarding when you achieve them with your own homegrown/drafted talent. Part of the reason I hated the day KD came here and also why I want to keep our draft pics. I want to cheer for our guys that we developed not hired assassins. Paul George can eff off.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#28 » by a8bil » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:34 am

Heck no....wasn't this last Clippers series enough proof that PG is fool's gold? Kawhi has won it all multiple times. Even with a stacked team and 2x Final MVP, PG couldn't win. Hard pass at his salary.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#29 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:17 am

Draymond vs Toronto In the NBA FINALS
averaged 12-11-9 with Rottweiler D..ya he’s washed up..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#30 » by Onus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:19 am

We need more defense. We don’t need to trade away our best defender
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:23 am

Draymond will have a longer hoops lifespan than the Worm..

He’s got years and years left
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:27 am

I remember when Stockton/Malone hit their 30’s ..everybody including me started blowing them off as old..same with Duncan-Ginobili and the Spurs

With today’s training/nutrition knowledge? (And who knows what else)..I could see our big 3 being relevant for even longer ..
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#33 » by cpower » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:28 am

wiggins for PG13.. we are not touching Klay Curry and Green.

PG13 provides 3D but he is no Green. Imagine playing without Green we will give up probably 125 a game.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:33 am

I’ll be honest ..I love Wiggins and the way he fits .but he’s not a dog like Iguodala..That’s why I’d sacrifice my right nut to have the W’s draft OKORO

Pg Curry-Poole
Sg Thompson-Wiggins-Okoro
Sf Wiggins-Okoro-Thompson
PF Green-Wiggins-Okoro
C- we need at least one air craft carrier to rotate in with Chriss and Draymond

So interchangeable defensively and two of the meanest dogs in the NBA in Dray and Okoro..+ Klay may seem mild mannered but he’s got purebred Doberman Pincher in him

I wish Paschall would turn into a dog ..maybe he will
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#35 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:40 am

Not sure you guys have noticed yet, but Draymond is in phenomenal shape. Not sure I’ve seen him look more fit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:47 am

Mylie10 wrote:Not sure you guys have noticed yet, but Draymond is in phenomenal shape. Not sure I’ve seen him look more fit.
I havnt been this excited for a season since 2014-15 and 15-16 ..Also the year Webber was drafted..then I was driving down Pacific Ave a block from my family’s restaurant when a KNBR news flash hit me like a ton of bricks..Timmy was done for the year..
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:05 am

[
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#38 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:31 am

Too much agreement here lately...stop it.

I don't get how much folks forget what a beast and dog Draymond is when it absolutely matters most. If DRAYMOND was on Miami...I think they beat the Lakers...THAT is how much he means to playoffs and big time games.

I want no part in any player that seems to find issues with team chemistry all the time. PASS.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#39 » by jason bourne » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:24 pm

Paul George is done. Motrezl Harrell is poo poo. Clippers are a hot mess. Go for Kawhi.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#40 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:05 pm

No on Kawhi too.

Return to Golden State Warriors