ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#781 » by DOT » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:37 pm

j4remi wrote:The damage a lack of any kind of stimulus package could do if a Winter second wave sets in as bad as it very well could...it's really, really concerning.

And if it happens and Biden wins the election, 4 years from now all we're gonna hear is "Why did Biden stop a stimulus package and cause hundreds of thousands of Americans to die from Covid?"

And approximately 40% of the country will go, "Yeah, why did Biden cause every single Covid death?"
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#782 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:39 pm

j4remi wrote:The damage a lack of any kind of stimulus package could do if a Winter second wave sets in as bad as it very well could...it's really, really concerning.

Yes, it is scary. Homelessness and foreclosures. European countries are supporting their populations. We're literally killing ours or ruining their lives with this kind of evil neglect of a massive economic precipice looming if there is no aid package soon.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#783 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:

And if it happens and Biden wins the election, 4 years from now all we're gonna hear is "Why did Biden stop a stimulus package and cause hundreds of thousands of Americans to die from Covid?"

And approximately 40% of the country will go, "Yeah, why did Biden cause every single Covid death?"

At least several percent of those 40% are of advanced ages and will be dead in four years so the present base may decline in volume over the next four years.

It is probably also a question of whether this MAGA BS is transmitted to coming of age voters in the future.

I suspect the majority of youth will continue to lean away from the GOP and thus rebuild the majority for the Democrats and non-GOP alternatives regardless of the tactics you're expecting. That propaganda will probably always be there to infect brains for years to come.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#784 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:55 pm

The phrase "Quid Pro Quo" is trending on Twitter

Trump thinks withholding a covid relief package until after the election will force people to vote for him so they can get a check. That's his quid pro quo move now.

He's stupid. People are suffering. Supporting the package the House passed would have gotten him votes, but these idiots think otherwise. Whatever man

When you combine this action with the threat to kill SS in the the future, this is like watching someone continue to nail more stakes into their own heart. This campaign is now the Walking Dead
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#785 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#786 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:01 pm

Trump tanked the markets hard the minute he killed covid relief

Vampires gonna stake themselves in the heart yo
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#787 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:05 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Just like why Obama didn’t stop 911. Major failure on his part.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#788 » by BKlutch » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:06 pm

Trump campaign slogans:

Vote for me and I won't give you COVID.

Vote for me and I won't block the stimulus money any more

COVID - you get what you get and don't get upset

I feel better than 20 years ago

COVID -- better than the flu, so give it a try!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#789 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:47 pm

What's crazy about all of this is as soon as Trump's symptoms worsen what he has done in the last 36 hours will boomerang on him like a machete.

Effectively, he just gambled EVERYTHING on being able to recover quickly OR hiding his symptoms long enough to escape scrutiny. With the way this WH leaks, I'd say the odds on that wager paying off are pretty frigging low at this point
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#790 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:48 pm

This is why you don’t let Republicans get any sort of power at the Federal level they’ve given up any pretence of governing and will gladly let millions die and go into poverty just to fight their idiotic culture war.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#791 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:57 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#792 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:00 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:No covid stimulus package pending. Trump killed it today. 75% of Americans polled want this, many of them need it. Seems like the GOP motherboard has a chip designed to make decisions guaranteed to tank their chances in November

I mean this a completely idiotic and I have no idea who this appeals to. It’s almost like an own goal for Trump’s campaign unless he’s just willing to take the heat off Senators. It’s a **** stupid move if you ask me.

I think the answer to why this campaign continues to bungle covid response and kill any meaningful actions is on display in the idolatrous MAGA political campaign ad devoid of actual analytical assessments sitting above your post.

It’s because Trump is a sociopath with a lack of any empathy or concern for anyone who’s not named Donald Trump. He got bored of the coronavirus for Christ’s sakes! Even someone with an ounce of empathy could realize that addressing the pandemic would build credibility with voters. This goes for the sociopaths in the Senate as well.

The problem is that the Republican Party is the cult of Trump. And no one is brave enough to tell him different. See how he acted at the debate with Biden? Imagine trying to work with someone like that, after a certain amount of time you’ll just give up and say **** this ****, he can do whatever he wants.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#793 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#794 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter

but of course he has. The only people on Trump's debate prep team that haven't announced are Rudy and Jason Miller and Rudy was hacking up a lung on TV so that mofo has it

They've all frigging got it

Jared and Ivanka will hide it, but they're all infected

I think Pence has the virus too. His team agreed to a plexiglass barrier between him and Harris and now suddenly they are reneging on that promise. Why? It certainly is not the optics they oppose so it could mean Pence is now symptomatic
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#795 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:35 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:What is the term for gaslighting oneself?

Self-Immolation

It is a by-product of Dunning-Kruger Syndrome
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#796 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Read on Twitter

but of course he has. The only people on Trump's debate prep team that haven't announced are Rudy and Jason Miller and Rudy was hacking up a lung on TV so that mofo has it

I think Pence has the virus too. His team agreed to a plexiglass barrier between him and Harris and now suddenly they are reneging on that promise. Why? It certainly is not the optics they oppose so it could mean Pence is now sympomatic

I have to believe you're right. I'm just waiting for the news bombs to drop for each one of them.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#797 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think Pence has the virus too. His team agreed to a plexiglass barrier between him and Harris and now suddenly they are reneging on that promise. Why? It certainly is not the optics they oppose so it could mean Pence is now sympomatic

I have to believe you're right. I'm just waiting for the news bombs to drop for each one of them.

A big part of whether you get infected or not is the viral load and length of exposure. They were all packing themselves into closed spaces and traveling together without protection for a long time. Considering how decisively Rona is sweeping through the ranks it is pretty clear they all shared and transmitted the same viral loads for a minimum of days. It only takes a few seconds if there are enough droplets in the air, but these people were in each other's faces for days or even weeks.

Hope Hicks was the first to be announced, but there could have been a spreader among them even before the Rose Garden ceremony. But that gathering cemented the deed and ensured the WH inner circle was going to be fully infected. Trump knew for at least one or two days (maybe more) that he had it and he spread it to his donors and closest associates without their knowledge which guaranteed they'd pass it on unwittingly.

Yeah, Everybody Loves Donald
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#798 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#799 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:17 am

More Covid Crime News:

80 year man in upstate NY asked a bar patron to wear a mask. For asking this, he was shoved down, hit his head on the ground and died.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#800 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:18 am

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks