Political Roundtable Part XXIX

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIX 

Post#401 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:58 pm

Gotta wonder if the covid drugs are making the thing even more unbalanced - since he completely changed his stance on covid relief. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-orders-aides-to-halt-talks-on-covid-19-relief/ar-BB19LrUl?li=BBnb7Kz
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#402 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#403 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#404 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:56 pm

Seems as if the entire White House is a COVID hotspot. The level of stupidity and incompetence to get into this situation is mind-boggling. It really isn't that hard. I work in an office building with a lot of people. We have competent people making sure the simple guidelines are met. There have been zero cases reported.
Read on Twitter
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#405 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:59 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

There is some justice in this world.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#406 » by dobrojim » Tue Oct 6, 2020 11:44 pm

dobrojim wrote:I know this is wrong but wondering about Stephen Miller...

Just heard I needn't wonder anymore. He's been infected.

Maybe Barr will be next. A photo I saw showed them in close proximity at the ACB White House event
neither wearing a mask. KAC's daughter is also infected. Not good.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#407 » by montestewart » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:05 am

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

There is some justice in this world.

COVID, no job, no insurance, dependent on Medicaid and handouts from neighbors of color. That might be getting there. Be humble or be humbled.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#408 » by Pointgod » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:11 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

RBG continues her revenge. I’m here for it **** Stephen Miller.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#409 » by AFM » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:53 am

First his hair now his breath!! How much more can they take!!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#410 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:00 pm

I don't know if this has been proven but... https://theprint.in/world/antibody-cocktail-given-to-trump-is-controversial-and-not-only-because-its-still-under-trial/518396/ the very special antibody cocktail trump took may have included embryonic stem cells from aborted fetuses. This stuff is over my head, so I'm going to ask my microbiologist acquaintance what he thinks the article is getting at.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,151

Post#411 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:11 pm

can't say this on twitter so I'll say it here: it's relatively easy for me to obey twitter's rules not to wish death on anyone... except for Bill Barr. Every breath he takes destroys America a little more.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#412 » by dckingsfan » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:40 pm

Dang... the polls are a changing and not favoring Trump. Biden is back to his largest lead of the contest with less than 30 to go.

Only voter suppression and cheating can save him now...
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#413 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 7, 2020 6:46 pm

You know there's hope when a rabid Republican state like South Carolina might choose a Democrat over such an entrenched Senator like Lindsey Graham. I love Hilton Head, btw.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#414 » by dobrojim » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:56 pm

I keep wondering about GA. Abrams has raised expectations in a state
where there arguably shouldn’t be any. Two senate seats including one
the takes office immediately, not in January. She says they registered
a metric eff ton of new voters. Like TX.

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#415 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:29 am

dobrojim wrote:I keep wondering about GA. Abrams has raised expectations in a state where there arguably shouldn’t be any. Two senate seats including one the takes office immediately, not in January. She says they registered a metric eff ton of new voters. Like TX.

Damn close to 50/50... just saying.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/georgia/
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#416 » by dobrojim » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:01 am

Does anyone think Pence won over many women?
I don’t.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#417 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:16 am

dobrojim wrote:Does anyone think Pence won over many women?
I don’t.

No, but Pence did succeed in winning the botanist demographic. That fly on his head got all the buzz and was kept safe by the best hair in the GOP.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#418 » by pcbothwel » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Does anyone think Pence won over many women?
I don’t.

No, but Pence did succeed in winning the botanist demographic. That fly on his head got all the buzz and was kept safe by the best hair in the GOP.

Lol. That fly was nuts, my fiance and I were losing it.

Pence certainly won the debate, but probably doesnt matter much as none of the VP debates do. The only wild card is if more left leaning people care about Kamala more due to Biden's age and openness about not running for a 2nd term, but who knows.

Im surprised how unprepared Harris was about a couple issues though... And I dont mean in the wonky sense (I.E. Not knowing a particular statistic).
Packing the supreme court & Green New Deal/Fracking/Taxes.

She completely avoided the issue of the Supreme Court and could of easily slide by that one by saying they dont intend to do so, but she couldn't seem to say it...weird strategy.

Same for the latter. Biden & Harris have said multiple times that they are in favor of the Green New deal and no fracking, but she then not only made a 180, but even went back and doubled down on the answer when the moderator moved to the next question. Another strange choice as her main problem in the primary was her inability to gain trust as a politician.

She has a lot of the same issues that Hillary, and Pete, had in which they seem like non trustworthy politicians who just want to get to the next place of power. I dont think she did herself any favors.... But again.... probably doesnt matter overall.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#419 » by I_Like_Dirt » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:34 pm

I'm saddened that politics has devolved to the point that people who tell the truth and won't blatantly lie are considered untrustworthy while those that lie without remorse are considered trustworthy.

I'd suggest Harris won't commit to not packing the courts because she's still not sure what they'll do. They shouldn't be closing off options at this point because it basically tells the GOP how to go about their crimes and such. If the GOP doesn't follow up as they're threatening, then they might not pack the courts. At this point, whether it happens or not, it actually has to be a consieration. Things really have gone that far. Greece just got their fascist party called a criminal organization. The GOP needs to be burnt to the ground and 2 new parties need to replace it.

And judging by the polls it's basically men who are 50/50 on Pence winning the debate while women think Harris won in a landslide. I just think of the women out there who watched their husband's get conned by a good ol' boy and couldn't historically say anything about it and simply watched it happen and commiserated with their husbands after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G970W using RealGM mobile app
Bucket! Bucket!
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,603

Post#420 » by pancakes3 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:40 pm

the optimist in me thinks that the trumpian brand of the GOP will die out, and rather quickly. (1) it doesn't work without trump's bizarre cult of personality. pence, graham, or whoever the heir apparent can't pull it off. (2) boomers are dying off.

so either the GOP just dies completely or they pivot and try to prey on the divide between centrists and leftists. centrism supplanting modern GOP is really just a return to the 80's brand of conservatism anyway because even reagan/bush acknowledged issues like global warming/pollution, police brutality, and AIDS but responded with token, "incremental" steps instead of addressing the problem. modern GOP flatly ignores science, openly justifies and advocates for police brutality, and tries to convince the masses to ignore active epidemics because incrementalism has been coopted by centrists.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards