ImageImageImageImageImage

New coach

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Re: New coach 

Post#81 » by nickhx2 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:14 am

my suspicion is they want to see what udonis haslem is up to. hard not to see how far miami got off its very special culture.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#82 » by NippySudz » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:12 pm

nickhx2 wrote:my suspicion is they want to see what udonis haslem is up to. hard not to see how far miami got off its very special culture.

Udonis haslem? Who wants to see what he's up to? The man isn't leaving miami.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#83 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm

So now, we’ve had:

Tyronn Lue
Mike Brown
Wes Unseld, Jr.
Darvin Ham

in for interviews. I’m liking the non-traditional choices and, actually, have no problem with Mike Brown either. Still think Lue’s the frontrunner—I think the front office would rather give the job to someone with a resume—but I’m kinda hoping one of the lesser known guys really knocks people out in the interview.
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#84 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:16 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:So now, we’ve had:

Tyronn Lue
Mike Brown
Wes Unseld, Jr.
Darvin Ham

in for interviews. I’m liking the non-traditional choices and, actually, have no problem with Mike Brown either. Still think Lue’s the frontrunner—I think the front office would rather give the job to someone with a resume—but I’m kinda hoping one of the lesser known guys really knocks people out in the interview.

I wonder if we can get either Wes Unseld, jr or Darvin Ham, who would they bring as their assistant? Would player development be an major factor in their development?

I think that we need to try to get either Mike Miller that use to coach the New York Knicks, Kenny Atkinson, or the guy that knows how to develop a big man....
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#85 » by TucsonClip » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm

There is no dimension in which I would support a Mike Brown hire. Dude has no offensive system and has proven he can't coach that end of the floor multiple times.

Absolutely NOT.

Sorry for those who don't like it, but Lue is the right choice. I'm interested in Ham as well, but Lue checks all the boxes, IMO.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#86 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 pm

TucsonClip wrote:There is no dimension in which I would support a Mike Brown hire. Dude has no offensive system and has proven he can't coach that end of the floor multiple times.

Absolutely NOT.

Mike Brown has been Steve Kerr’s assistant for the past four years, so I’m assuming he either a) has a better offensive philosophy/scheme, or b) knows someone who does. I think Lue is more likely and, maybe, better. Like I said, I'd like some fresh blood--but I don't see that happening with a veteran squad like this.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#87 » by h4rrison » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Any of these guys please. Calipari, Wright, Van Gundy
James2000
Sophomore

Post#88 » by James2000 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 pm

h4rrison wrote:Any of these guys please. Calipari, Wright, Van Gundy

I am not sure if Jeff Van Gundy should be the coach here.... I feel like that he should take the new Orleans open job... to be honest with you, I don't think Wright and Calipari is the way to go... we need a coach like Nick Nurse or something like that who can take the talent we have plus and minus a couple and develop and properly use the talent to new heights....
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#89 » by nickhx2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:38 pm

when you hear stories about how lue challenged his stars in cleveland, as well as how he was willing to bench kevin love in bad matchups, you do kinda think he is a good choice. it's not a flashy choice, and certainly doesn't bring the allure of "first time head coach, what surprises are in store for us?!"

but i think it's a good one. he knows what he's doing and he's won at the highest level as a pro and a coach.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#90 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 am

Read on Twitter

It's amazing how this coaching search manages to keep getting worse the more we hear about it. I'm starting to doubt that this franchise will ever have the coaching advantage in a playoff series in my lifetime.

One thing's for sure: I have zero faith in the front office now. This coaching search along with other recent mistakes (such as getting fleeced by OKC in the PG trade and not trading Trez at the deadline) shows that they've just been lucky, not good.

Just imagine how bad the optics will be when we hire a coach who failed with the Lakers while the Lakers win the Finals. It's going to set this franchise up for another wave of ridicule. It honestly feels like the Clippers want to be the laughingstock of the league. :noway:
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#91 » by NickP » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's amazing how this coaching search manages to keep getting worse the more we hear about it. I'm starting to doubt that this franchise will ever have the coaching advantage in a playoff series in my lifetime.

One thing's for sure: I have zero faith in the front office now. This coaching search along with other recent mistakes (such as getting fleeced by OKC in the PG trade and not trading Trez at the deadline) shows that they've just been lucky, not good.

Just imagine how bad the optics will be when we hire a coach who failed with the Lakers while the Lakers win the Finals. It's going to set this franchise up for another wave of ridicule. It honestly feels like the Clippers want to be the laughingstock of the league. :noway:

I hear you and share the same concern about Mike Brown. However the FO may be giving the appearance of doing due diligence by interviewing all the viable candidates.
Well at least I'm hoping for that. But otoh if they do go with Mike Brown then we're screwed. That guy cannot coach.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#92 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:20 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't overreact those things bro. One think I can be sure about our FO is that they work in silent. So Marc Stein getting these info's from who? Has to be Mike Brown himself or someone from his side leaking this to pump up his name. Regardless of outcome with Clippers, there is always Pacers, Thunder, Rockets, Pelicans...
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#93 » by Max Headrom » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:12 am

The Clippers never leak info, people are just guessing like they always do
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#94 » by nickhx2 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Clips don't ever leak and now that doc is gone, we might not ever see them the center of attention again.
Chronz
Starter
And1: 467

Post#95 » by Chronz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 am

Atkinson or JVG.

JVG will get the most defensively out of this team. Atkinson can develop PG's into better play makers.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#96 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 am

Lakers about to win #17 and were going to hire Mike Brown :banghead:
James2000
Sophomore

Post#97 » by James2000 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:03 am

Chronz wrote:Atkinson or JVG.

JVG will get the most defensively out of this team. Atkinson can develop PG's into better play makers.

I like Atkinson as a coach. I don't think that jeff van Gundy is a good addition to the team... what about Mike Miller?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#98 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:00 pm

why haven't they interviewed Cassell or Billups yet?
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#99 » by nickhx2 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:27 pm

may have and it just hasn't been leaked. FO is very quiet about what they do.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#100 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 pm

dark horse n out of no where Jkidd and if its really potatoe head :lol: , if you thought Doc offensive scheme was pathetic, potatoe head will make Doc look like MDA on O

Return to Los Angeles Clippers