ImageImageImageImageImage

Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough 

Post#1 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 7, 2020 9:35 pm

"to get to where we want to be. But we all know that. I think Bob (Myers) would be the first to tell you this roster is far from being finished."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:03 pm

Big and athletic, if only there were a guy like that potentially available at the #2 in the draft......

It'd take a wise man to figure that pick selection out.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#3 » by northoakland510 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:38 am

Pick has to be Wiseman.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#4 » by Quazza » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:47 am

Jeez this kinda screams Wiseman doesn't it

Sooo it's probably a smokescreen.

#lightyears
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Albo
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Albo » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:35 am

Okongwu for me also fits the bill. (Size of Bam Adebayo)

Big and Athletic - at least at No 2 - Edwards, Haliburton, Toppin (Athletic and quite tall. But not that Big). Avdija
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#6 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:41 am

Albo wrote:Okongwu for me also fits the bill. (Size of Bam Adebayo)

Yep. I like Okongwu because while he gives up some size compared to Wiseman, he's more mobile and can play either PF or C and we know the Warriors like players who can slide up and down. And he'd still add to our frontline size overall. I love players with a high motor and this guy has one that doesn't quit, he and Draymond would be all over everything inside.

Not saying at this point they should take him over Wiseman, but I can see him being an appealing alternative.

On the other hand, neither Wiseman nor Okongwu has much of an outside shot to speak of and I have to think that's a negative for the Warriors.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#7 » by northoakland510 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:56 am

Big and Athletic - at least at No 2 - Edwards, Haliburton, Toppin (Athletic and quite tall. But not that Big). Avdija
Okongwu is the same size as LeBron. The team needs a real big, not someone who can't guard 7 footers.

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#8 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:25 am

northoakland510 wrote:

Okongwu is the same size as LeBron. The team needs a real big, not someone who can't guard 7 footers.

Na this is false.

Lebron is actually bigger
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#9 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:30 am

Waiting for someone to chime in that this is a smokescreen and means they're looking for guards.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#10 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:41 am

Well he's right about that....Warriors when they won 73 were bullies too...not just three point shooters. Bogut, Ezeli, Draymond.

Chris is skinny....Looney is pretty light...Draymond is undersized...

Where's the beef!

Bigger and athletic is guys like Myles Turner....William Carter Junior....those guys.

And btw...as far as Wiseman goes....he would be destroyed by the guys I just named....19 year old boy is not ready for stronger guys in the league.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:04 am

Kerr:

“We’re not reinventing the wheel. We’re still gonna be the Warriors. We’re not gonna all of a sudden turn into the Rockets and change our offense and have one guy go high pick-and-roll 70 times a game.”

“We gotta be ourselves,” he said. “What makes Steph (Curry) and Klay (Thompson) the players they are is the combination of what they can on and off the ball. That’s what moves defenses.
“And what makes Draymond (Green) special is his ability to distribute from either the four or the five spot — to have playmaking at that level. As you watch (the) Miami (Heat) right now, you can see the influence that our team has had on the league.
“It’s really difficult for defenses to guard when there’s a lot of action going on. So we’re not gonna change that stuff.”
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:40 am

We need to add JJ Reddick or someone just like him, just to have three guys that are constantly putting pressure with movement and range.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#13 » by Warriorfan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:53 am

Guys like Lebron and AD are unicorns no one really matches up just contain Iggy Barnes Green have in the past.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#14 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:09 pm

HiRez wrote:Waiting for someone to chime in that this is a smokescreen and means they're looking for guards.

Literally the 4th post in the thread.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:11 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Well he's right about that....Warriors when they won 73 were bullies too...not just three point shooters. Bogut, Ezeli, Draymond.

Chris is skinny....Looney is pretty light...Draymond is undersized...

Where's the beef!

Bigger and athletic is guys like Myles Turner....William Carter Junior....those guys.

And btw...as far as Wiseman goes....he would be destroyed by the guys I just named....19 year old boy is not ready for stronger guys in the league.

And Speights
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#16 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:27 pm

Kerr isn't just talking about the draft, more context below:

Kerr added that he and Bob Myers agree that their current roster is incomplete.

"We have the draft and we have free agency to address all that stuff. And potential trades. I think (general manager) Bob (Myers) would be the first to tell you this roster is far from being finished," added Kerr.

The Warriors have the No. 2 pick in the draft, a $17.2 million trade exception, and the mid-level exception to improve the roster.

Aside from the draft, GSW will be filling out the roster with FA and trades.

We already have an elite backcourt in Steph and Klay, and Draymond might have a comeback season now that he can slide back to that 3rd star on the team who hustles, makes plays and plays defense. If we still have Wiggins he provides a lot of athleticism to start with. Marquese Chriss adds a lot of bounce on the team for that vertical spacing, too--even better on the open floor.

Just gotta add more of those role guys who can be spark plugs to complement our star guys. Doesn't need to be big names. Would be nice to get another star on the squad like Giannis, but even if GSW doesn't, they're still contenders.

I think Golden State is in a great position in free agency this year. If you're a free agent, GSW is the right balance of being able to compete for a championship but also not being the "favorites" to win an easy/cheap ring, because you still have the Lakers up there and Clippers looking to make a comeback. So free agents who are competitive might look at GSW more this time around, compared to the last 3 years where some guys may not want to join because they don't want to be looked at as desperate ring chasers.
#DubNation
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:49 pm

Comeback season?

Like I always say, you can consistently show up big time for the biggest of games..but how do you play when the games don’t matter at all?

Draymond let us all down..never mind his 12–11-9 2019 Finals..he showed his true colors last season..
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:32 pm

Dig, your boy Kirk Lacob might be the reason they use the TPE.

He’s like a kid in the candy score and he will make sure daddy takes out his wallet and buys him all the toys he wants.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:43 pm

Little Digger wrote:Comeback season?

Like I always say, you can consistently show up big time for the biggest of games..but how do you play when the games don’t matter at all?

Draymond let us all down..never mind his 12–11-9 2019 Finals..he showed his true colors last season..

True, but he was also kind of told to not play his normal way to give the young guys room to grow.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:52 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Kerr isn't just talking about the draft, more context below:

Kerr added that he and Bob Myers agree that their current roster is incomplete.

"We have the draft and we have free agency to address all that stuff. And potential trades. I think (general manager) Bob (Myers) would be the first to tell you this roster is far from being finished," added Kerr.

The Warriors have the No. 2 pick in the draft, a $17.2 million trade exception, and the mid-level exception to improve the roster.

Aside from the draft, GSW will be filling out the roster with FA and trades.

We already have an elite backcourt in Steph and Klay, and Draymond might have a comeback season now that he can slide back to that 3rd star on the team who hustles, makes plays and plays defense. If we still have Wiggins he provides a lot of athleticism to start with. Marquese Chriss adds a lot of bounce on the team for that vertical spacing, too--even better on the open floor.

Just gotta add more of those role guys who can be spark plugs to complement our star guys. Doesn't need to be big names. Would be nice to get another star on the squad like Giannis, but even if GSW doesn't, they're still contenders.

I think Golden State is in a great position in free agency this year. If you're a free agent, GSW is the right balance of being able to compete for a championship but also not being the "favorites" to win an easy/cheap ring, because you still have the Lakers up there and Clippers looking to make a comeback. So free agents who are competitive might look at GSW more this time around, compared to the last 3 years where some guys may not want to join because they don't want to be looked at as desperate ring chasers.

They can't really offer more playing time as a possibility for some positions which for older guys may be good but the better guys in their prime are going to shy away from joining a team that has quality depth at their position.

I don't really get the idea that the Warriors not be favorites is a positive. Ring chasers are going to want to go to the team that is favored to win it all.

Return to Golden State Warriors