ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:27 pm

previous thread hit 99 pages.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1997274

proceed.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#2 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:34 pm

1st.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,473

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#3 » by HerSports85 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:48 pm

I'm still on the Vassell or Nesmith train at #8. More so Nesmith, I believe he can develop into a solid defender and the way he moves without the ball and read angles is exactly what we need next to RJ. Either way I'm happy with either one. Kira or RJH will be a trade up for me.

The only pg i'll take at #8 is Hayes, if not I'm okay with DSJ and Frank next year.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#4 » by DickGrayson » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:05 pm

Killian Hayes
Onyeka Okongwu
Aleksej Pokusevski

massive no to Deni Avdija
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#5 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:19 pm

DickGrayson wrote:Killian Hayes
Onyeka Okongwu
Aleksej Pokusevski

massive no to Deni Avdija

Why though?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#6 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:24 pm

i got nothing left in the tank for this debate. just fast forward to the draft already.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Post#7 » by Zenzibar » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:29 pm

Just saw this on RealGM GSW thread. Interesting that Edwards is starting to be questioned and may wind up dropping after all.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"
Man, it could be that AntMan is dropping because he chose not to participate in the combine interviews. It could be he is similar to Dion Waiters because he hasn't won anything and forgets plays and actions per Jonathan Wasserman of B/R. Dion Waiters could now be his floor :( .

"... executives from different clubs are concerned about Edwards’ commitment to winning:

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven’t won at any level and that he even forgets plays and actions. Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC."

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2020/9/30/21494654/warriors-2020-nba-draft-conern-about-edwards

Wasserman previous had Anthony Edwards going #1 in his mock draft.

BTW, why isn't Onyeka Okongwu not mentioned by those who want a big man? It sounds to me Wiseman fans are basing it on strictly measurements.

"
Stop All Genocides
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:37 pm

HerSports85 wrote:I'm still on the Vassell or Nesmith train at #8. More so Nesmith, I believe he can develop into a solid defender and the way he moves without the ball and read angles is exactly what we need next to RJ. Either way I'm happy with either one. Kira or RJH will be a trade up for me.

The only pg i'll take at #8 is Hayes, if not I'm okay with DSJ and Frank next year.

I think he'll be a decent team defender, but I just don't see him becoming a solid on-ball defender.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#9 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Not that I trust Berman, but don't think anyone really expects Cole to be the pick anyway at this point.

Spoiler:
It doesn’t look like there will be a Cole Anthony homecoming – unless the Nets take him at 19.

The Knicks are leaning against taking the Manhattan point guard with the No. 8 pick, or even if they trade down into the 14-15-range, according to an industry source.

Anthony, whose father is ex-Knick Greg Anthony, has slid in the mock drafts for a couple of months after a rough freshman season at the University of North Carolina.

An SNY report in the spring stated the Knicks had researched Anthony “extensively.” However, that research hasn’t netted a desire to take Anthony with their lottery pick.

If Anthony falls to No. 27, the Knicks would be interested, however. Anthony struggled with his shot at UNC, shooting 38 percent, though he averaged 18.5 points for Roy Williams’ Tar Heels.

In August, TNT analyst Greg Anthony acknowledged on a conference call his son had “a horrible year” at North Carolina that included missing time after knee surgery. Williams has blamed it on a modest supporting cast as UNC finished 14-19.

While some scouts feel having a former NBA point guard as a father is a boon, one NBA executive said the uber athletic 20-year-old isn’t a true point guard.

“I’m not a big fan,” the executive said. “I could see him late first round, even early second round. There’s a limited creativity to his game and he has a slippery handle. He’s a very average playmaker and relies too much on shooting long 3’s. He’s more a 2 in our league but with limited size.”

Some mock drafts have Anthony as the last lottery pick taken at No. 14, but others have Anthony falling later into the first round. The Nets select 19th and Anthony could still be there.

Regarding the Anthony criticism, his trainer, Chris Brickley, a former Knicks developmental coordinator, told The Post recently, “Sometimes you hear the selfish, shot-first guy, I shake my head again considering what he did at Oak Hill. As far making other players better, I’ll bet the money in my bank account that — just as he ended the regular season as top freshman scoring guard, he’d have liked to end the season as No. 1 assist guy. He really is a willing passer.”

At the start of the college season, the Knicks went into their draft research with scoring point guard as a priority for their expected lottery pick. But after LaMelo Ball, Leon Rose’s group felt there was a drop-off. Killian Hayes, Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton, Alabama’s Kira Lewis and Kentucky’s Tyrese Maxey remain on their point-guard radar.

The draft is not until Nov. 18. The lack of an NCAA Tournament and regular live draft combine/in-person interviews may even help a club like the Knicks, according to sources. The draft research could be less efficient, leaving perhaps one of the best players to fall to No. 8 or later.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,944

Post#10 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:45 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not that I trust Berman, but don't think anyone really expects Cole to be the pick anyway at this point.

Spoiler:
It doesn’t look like there will be a Cole Anthony homecoming – unless the Nets take him at 19.

The Knicks are leaning against taking the Manhattan point guard with the No. 8 pick, or even if they trade down into the 14-15-range, according to an industry source.

Anthony, whose father is ex-Knick Greg Anthony, has slid in the mock drafts for a couple of months after a rough freshman season at the University of North Carolina.

An SNY report in the spring stated the Knicks had researched Anthony “extensively.” However, that research hasn’t netted a desire to take Anthony with their lottery pick.

If Anthony falls to No. 27, the Knicks would be interested, however. Anthony struggled with his shot at UNC, shooting 38 percent, though he averaged 18.5 points for Roy Williams’ Tar Heels.

In August, TNT analyst Greg Anthony acknowledged on a conference call his son had “a horrible year” at North Carolina that included missing time after knee surgery. Williams has blamed it on a modest supporting cast as UNC finished 14-19.

While some scouts feel having a former NBA point guard as a father is a boon, one NBA executive said the uber athletic 20-year-old isn’t a true point guard.

“I’m not a big fan,” the executive said. “I could see him late first round, even early second round. There’s a limited creativity to his game and he has a slippery handle. He’s a very average playmaker and relies too much on shooting long 3’s. He’s more a 2 in our league but with limited size.”

Some mock drafts have Anthony as the last lottery pick taken at No. 14, but others have Anthony falling later into the first round. The Nets select 19th and Anthony could still be there.

Regarding the Anthony criticism, his trainer, Chris Brickley, a former Knicks developmental coordinator, told The Post recently, “Sometimes you hear the selfish, shot-first guy, I shake my head again considering what he did at Oak Hill. As far making other players better, I’ll bet the money in my bank account that — just as he ended the regular season as top freshman scoring guard, he’d have liked to end the season as No. 1 assist guy. He really is a willing passer.”

At the start of the college season, the Knicks went into their draft research with scoring point guard as a priority for their expected lottery pick. But after LaMelo Ball, Leon Rose’s group felt there was a drop-off. Killian Hayes, Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton, Alabama’s Kira Lewis and Kentucky’s Tyrese Maxey remain on their point-guard radar.

The draft is not until Nov. 18. The lack of an NCAA Tournament and regular live draft combine/in-person interviews may even help a club like the Knicks, according to sources. The draft research could be less efficient, leaving perhaps one of the best players to fall to No. 8 or later.

Read on Twitter

Wow!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#11 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:49 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Wow!!!!

damn. I am not crazy about Cole, but it would be surprising if he fell that low. I would probably take him quick if he fell to #27.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#12 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:54 pm

Coleslaw was always overrated. Just another in the long line of overrated NYC PGs. He got buzz due to his pops.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,944

Post#13 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:38 pm

It’s comical how many bs Knick rumors there are per day.

It’s **** insane.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#14 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:23 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Wow!!!!

Sign me up for Cole at 27. This is why I like the one and done rule for the NBA. Someone would have easily drafted him in the top 5 coming out of high school and now there’s talk of him slipping out the first round. It’s pretty much a safe guard for nba teams against themselves
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#15 » by Oscirus » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:29 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:It’s comical how many bs Knick rumors there are per day.

It’s **** insane.

If we were to be on about rumors we would have traded so much wed have some "star" from the market, lamelo and a whole lotta cap space since we traded away everyone else.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#16 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:33 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Oh what, I heard on the forum that it was undeniable FACT that Cole was more talented? Are you telling me these fans might be wrong and overconfident?!?!
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,916

Post#17 » by stuporman » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:34 pm

There are certain posters that when they voice support for a player I also like in the draft it makes me question my judgment......
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#18 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:55 pm

Spoiler:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#19 » by robillionaire » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:56 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Just saw this on RealGM GSW thread. Interesting that Edwards is starting to be questioned and may wind up dropping after all.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"
Man, it could be that AntMan is dropping because he chose not to participate in the combine interviews. It could be he is similar to Dion Waiters because he hasn't won anything and forgets plays and actions per Jonathan Wasserman of B/R. Dion Waiters could now be his floor :( .

"... executives from different clubs are concerned about Edwards’ commitment to winning:

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven’t won at any level and that he even forgets plays and actions. Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC."

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2020/9/30/21494654/warriors-2020-nba-draft-conern-about-edwards

BTW, why isn't Onyeka Okongwu not mentioned by those who want a big man? It sounds to me Wiseman fans are basing it on strictly measurements.

"

Edwards might drop but he'd never make it to 8th, surely the hawks would take him 6th
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:59 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Just saw this on RealGM GSW thread. Interesting that Edwards is starting to be questioned and may wind up dropping after all.

"

"

Edwards might drop but he'd never make it to 8th, surely the hawks would take him 6th

The Hawks have the team in place to make him work for that Starting Wing Spot. They wouldn't need him to be the guy either. His floor has to be #6 imo.

Return to New York Knicks