Political Roundtable Part XXIX

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,154

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXIX 

Post#421 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:01 pm

They absolutely intend to at least consider packing the court. Why wouldn't they. But it'll hurt them if they say it out loud.

Well, also if they say absolutely not we are not packing the court I and my fellow radical lefties will be mad as hell.

If we don't win the Senate it's moot, or if we win the senate but the SCOTUS doesn't strike down Roe V Wade or the ACA, then it's moot. If SCOTUS betrays the will of the people and we have the political power to do something about it, we should.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#422 » by dckingsfan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:37 pm

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

And now Biden building a lead close to 10% - wow.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

Democrats have a 68 in 100 chance of flipping the Senate
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/biden-got-some-of-his-best-polls-this-week/
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#423 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:51 pm

How do we not succeed in destroying the thing in the WH? Regardless of his politics, he really is 240 lbs of gooey spray-painted shyt. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-insults-harris-as-a-monster-morning-after-vice-presidential-debate/ar-BB19PiGa?li=BBorjTa
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#424 » by pancakes3 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter

"[the leader] livestreamed a video to a private Facebook group that included [informant], in which he complained about the judicial system and the State of Michigan controlling the opening of gyms."

Read on Twitter
Bullets -> Wizards
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#425 » by Pointgod » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:19 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

"[the leader] livestreamed a video to a private Facebook group that included [informant], in which he complained about the judicial system and the State of Michigan controlling the opening of gyms."

Read on Twitter

Remind me again who was tweeting liberate Michigan?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#426 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 8, 2020 7:03 pm

Hey Nate....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#427 » by Pointgod » Thu Oct 8, 2020 7:26 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:They absolutely intend to at least consider packing the court. Why wouldn't they. But it'll hurt them if they say it out loud.

Well, also if they say absolutely not we are not packing the court I and my fellow radical lefties will be mad as hell.

If we don't win the Senate it's moot, or if we win the senate but the SCOTUS doesn't strike down Roe V Wade or the ACA, then it's moot. If SCOTUS betrays the will of the people and we have the political power to do something about it, we should.

Packing the court at this time is such a dumb issue to take a stance on. You can tell that Trump and Pence are trying to use it as a wedge issue to divide the left just like Green New Deal and Medicare4All. It’s all just blatant theatrics because they know since they can’t win, they need to depress turnout.

It’s such a dumb exercise in hypotheticals that you can tell it’s only used to get sound bites.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#428 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#429 » by pancakes3 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:50 pm

Ruzious wrote:I don't know if this has been proven but... https://theprint.in/world/antibody-cocktail-given-to-trump-is-controversial-and-not-only-because-its-still-under-trial/518396/ the very special antibody cocktail trump took may have included embryonic stem cells from aborted fetuses. This stuff is over my head, so I'm going to ask my microbiologist acquaintance what he thinks the article is getting at.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

a bit more accessible article, from a bit more credible source. not to say theprint isn't credible, just that MIT is a bit more credible.
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#430 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:24 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I don't know if this has been proven but... https://theprint.in/world/antibody-cocktail-given-to-trump-is-controversial-and-not-only-because-its-still-under-trial/518396/ the very special antibody cocktail trump took may have included embryonic stem cells from aborted fetuses. This stuff is over my head, so I'm going to ask my microbiologist acquaintance what he thinks the article is getting at.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

a bit more accessible article, from a bit more credible source. not to say theprint isn't credible, just that MIT is a bit more credible.

Excellent, thanks. This could be quite a bid deal if people actually focus on it. Are "pro-life" people going to be okay with Trump pushing this cure (which he took) like it's the greatest think since sliced bolognaise. I wonder if he's investing in the company that's putting the dead fetuses in the blenders.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#431 » by dckingsfan » Fri Oct 9, 2020 12:11 am

Probably the right thing to do, but I wonder if it was the best political move right now?
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#432 » by Pointgod » Fri Oct 9, 2020 12:38 am

dckingsfan wrote:Probably the right thing to do, but I wonder if it was the best political move right now?
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t think it matters, but it will piss up Trump so it gets my blessing :lol:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#433 » by montestewart » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:12 am

Pointgod wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Probably the right thing to do, but I wonder if it was the best political move right now?
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t think it matters, but it will piss up Trump so it gets my blessing :lol:

Acting according to the 25th Amendment to the Constitution is Unconstitutional! Therefore, the election is fraudulent. I am the president for life, and Obama, Clinton (the girl, not my wingman Bill), Biden, and Pelosi will get death. LAW AND ORDER! CHEECH AND CHONG!
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#434 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:57 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#435 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#436 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 9, 2020 10:05 am

Tuberville would be like going back to the days of George Wallace. He's legitimately dumb as f, but he was a good football coach. At Ole Miss, he said, "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box," in reference to not leaving to coach at another school. Less than a week later, it was announced that he was departing for Auburn.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,154

Post#437 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:32 am

Pointgod wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:They absolutely intend to at least consider packing the court. Why wouldn't they. But it'll hurt them if they say it out loud.

Packing the court at this time is such a dumb issue to take a stance on. You can tell that Trump and Pence are trying to use it as a wedge issue to divide the left just like Green New Deal and Medicare4All. It’s all just blatant theatrics because they know since they can’t win, they need to depress turnout.

It’s such a dumb exercise in hypotheticals that you can tell it’s only used to get sound bites.

I have more to say about this, apparently:
1. The more mad Republicans get about this, the more I think it's a good idea
2. Republicans running around screaming about how unfair it is to pack the courts just reminds everybody else how angry we are at what they are doing, which is packing the courts by dint of their refusing to prosecute their own president for committing crimes, so essentially their mandate is illegitimate at this point, while if the Dems do it they will have a genuine, authentic mandate to do so
3. It is SO DELICIOUS that the GOP evilly schemed to undemocratically pack the SCOTUS for decades, spending billions of dollars on anti-democratic propaganda and sacrificing their future electoral chances by electing and then refusing to prosecute a flagrant Russian plant, just to achieve their goal for only two months after the backlash to their evil scheming erases everything they made all these sacrifices for.

Now they can pack the court again, but they have to win elections legitimately now (after we give statehood to dc and pr), which means not supporting horrendously unpopular policies like eliminating the ACA and women's rights.

Surely they must have seen this coming. And the only reason they did this, really, was for the $1 trillion tax theft that they already got away with. They got away with their crime already, so what are they so upset about. Billionaires only care about abortion to the extent it helps them manipulate gullible evangelicals into voting against their interests.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#438 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:39 am

Not to mention that Trump loudly bragged about packing the courts and called the Dems lazy and stupid for not doing the same.

Anyway, here's yet another shady Trump guy working for the law and order President. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-fundraiser-elliott-broidy-charged-in-illegal-lobbying-campaign/ar-BB19RslB?li=BBnbfcL

There might be a reason Trump surrounds himself with law-breakers. It's that he doesn't give a shyt about law and order.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#439 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#440 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards