ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1121 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#1122 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Oct 7, 2020 7:36 pm

Anyone else a little sick that D Ho is now going to get a ring with the Lakers, just like Shaq. Plenty more to say "Eff you 2020" about, but this seems to be the rotten cherry on top of a poop sundae... For me at least. I thought for a minute that at least this got put off for close to a decade, but it happening in 2020 on top of everything else is just FUBAR.
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 462

Post#1123 » by dsg2003mach1 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:52 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Anyone else a little sick that D Ho is now going to get a ring with the Lakers, just like Shaq. Plenty more to say "Eff you 2020" about, but this seems to be the rotten cherry on top of a poop sundae... For me at least. I thought for a minute that at least this got put off for close to a decade, but it happening in 2020 on top of everything else is just FUBAR.

that thought crossed my mind when they went up 3-1. I will say it seems like maybe he's finally grown up a tad, I guess someone got his head far enough out of his ass to get some fresh air and clear things up a little.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#1124 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:59 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Anyone else a little sick that D Ho is now going to get a ring with the Lakers, just like Shaq. Plenty more to say "Eff you 2020" about, but this seems to be the rotten cherry on top of a poop sundae... For me at least. I thought for a minute that at least this got put off for close to a decade, but it happening in 2020 on top of everything else is just FUBAR.

he's a bench bum for the LA team so not really sick. Shaq hurt because he was a big reason as to why LA won and it was stupid Orlando didn't pay him
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1125 » by MoMM » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:37 pm

Steve Kerr said that the Golden State Warriors need to address their lack of athleticism in the upcoming draft and free agency.

"I think we need to be more athletic, for sure. We're obviously very skilled. But we don't have an overly athletic team. We've lost a lot of bounce and a lot of pop on the wings -- even at the center position. (So) right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough to get where we want to be," said Kerr on Tim Kawakami's The TK Show podcast.

Kerr added that he and Bob Myers agree that their current roster is incomplete.

"We have the draft and we have free agency to address all that stuff. And potential trades. I think (general manager) Bob (Myers) would be the first to tell you this roster is far from being finished," added Kerr.

Aaron Gordon? :pray:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#1126 » by cedric76 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:24 pm

MoMM wrote:
Steve Kerr said that the Golden State Warriors need to address their lack of athleticism in the upcoming draft and free agency.

"I think we need to be more athletic, for sure. We're obviously very skilled. But we don't have an overly athletic team. We've lost a lot of bounce and a lot of pop on the wings -- even at the center position. (So) right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough to get where we want to be," said Kerr on Tim Kawakami's The TK Show podcast.

"We have the draft and we have free agency to address all that stuff. And potential trades. I think (general manager) Bob (Myers) would be the first to tell you this roster is far from being finished," added Kerr.

Aaron fit the bill
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,645

Post#1127 » by thelead » Thu Oct 8, 2020 7:35 pm

cedric76 wrote:
MoMM wrote:

Aaron fit the bill

One of the best teams ever wants AG and some people here want to dump him... :lol:
Ya'll deserve this hot mess
MoMM
RealGM

Post#1128 » by MoMM » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:57 am

thelead wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
MoMM wrote:Aaron Gordon? :pray:

Aaron fit the bill

One of the best teams ever wants AG and some people here want to dump him... :lol:

He doesn't fit our needs, we need a wing/guard scorer, not another athletic forward.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#1129 » by cedric76 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:08 am

Did you guys watch the latest magic podcast with Steve clifford?

They asked him what he thought of Gordon, and his answer was :

Gordon is a great player when he doesn't try to do turn around jumpers.

Aaron has the tools to be a very very good player but he needs to play to his strengths.

It's all mental, he needs to stop thinking that he is the next Paul George
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
thelead
RealGM

Post#1130 » by thelead » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:33 pm

MoMM wrote:
thelead wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Aaron fit the bill

He doesn't fit our needs, we need a wing/guard scorer, not another athletic forward.

Who are the other 'athletic' forwards you speak of? The one that missed over a year with a knee injury or the one that is about to miss over a year with a knee injury?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#1131 » by KillMonger » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:55 pm

People need to come to terms with the fact that AG being shopped, he was damn near dealt at the deadline. If our price is met off he goes
thelead
RealGM

Post#1132 » by thelead » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:14 am

KillMonger wrote:People need to come to terms with the fact that AG being shopped, he was damn near dealt at the deadline. If our price is met off he goes

Sure, if we get equal value back (or better), that makes sense but some people have been in a rush to get rid of him for trash.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#1133 » by KillMonger » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 am

thelead wrote:
KillMonger wrote:People need to come to terms with the fact that AG being shopped, he was damn near dealt at the deadline. If our price is met off he goes

Sure, if we get equal value back (or better), that makes sense but some people have been in a rush to get rid of him for trash.

not for trash never that....that's just stupid, this is not a situation where we're dealing with a toxic player and have to get rid of him(shades of dwightmare) we should want equivalent value.....
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1134 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:39 am

thelead wrote:

I guess it depends what we consider trash.

I want the #2 overall pick. Some here consider Wiggins trash. His contract makes that hard to argue but again, I want that pick so I would make that deal.

I have also suggested numerous deals (including AG) for Buddy Hield which received some replies suggesting he is “trash.” I would disagree but I obviously he is not the star we need. I would simply say that neither is AG and this is a reshuffling of talent for better fit as we allow Evan to move on.

So again ... what is your definition of trash?
thelead
RealGM

Post#1135 » by thelead » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:52 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
thelead wrote:

I guess it depends what we consider trash.

I want the #2 overall pick. Some here consider Wiggins trash. His contract makes that hard to argue but again, I want that pick so I would make that deal.

I have also suggested numerous deals (including AG) for Buddy Hield which received some replies suggesting he is “trash.” I would disagree but I obviously he is not the star we need. I would simply say that neither is AG and this is a reshuffling of talent for better fit as we allow Evan to move on.

So again ... what is your definition of trash?

I wouldn't consider that trash at all and would easily do that deal
MoMM
RealGM

Post#1136 » by MoMM » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:16 pm

thelead wrote:

Who has said it? I said we should trade him for a scorer wing, so it is not trash by any means.
thelead
RealGM

Post#1137 » by thelead » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 pm

MoMM wrote:
thelead wrote:

Who has said it? I said we should trade him for a scorer wing, so it is not trash by any means.

The problem is that scoring wings are at a premium so it would be tough to get equal value for AG. Can you name a equal value scoring wing that we could target with AG?
MoMM
RealGM

Post#1138 » by MoMM » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm

thelead wrote:
MoMM wrote:
thelead wrote:Sure, if we get equal value back (or better), that makes sense but some people have been in a rush to get rid of him for trash.

The problem is that scoring wings are at a premium so it would be tough to get equal value for AG. Can you name a equal value scoring wing that we could target with AG?

Lavert or McCollum and we can include something to sweet the pot a little bit.

But where this "trash stuff" came from? Still waiting for the answer, I didn't see anyone saying that.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1139 » by OrlandO » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:57 pm

thelead wrote:

If we trade him now we'll probably do better than trash. If we wait until he's an expiring we'll definitely be getting trash.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1140 » by OrlandO » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:57 pm

People should also come to terms with the likelihood that if AG improves he will be sought after and want to leave in unrestricted free agency anyway... should be obvious by now dude would not turn down an opportunity to live and play in California. The clock on his trade value is ticking fast... get the most for him while we can.

Return to Orlando Magic