ImageImageImageImageImage

Hot Takes for 2021!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Free Ballin
Freshman
And1: 18

Re: Hot Takes for 2021! 

Post#21 » by Free Ballin » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:47 am

Warriors will trade out of #2 with Detroit swap picks and get Rose for TPE. Then pickup Vassell with Detroit pick. They will sign Aron “Zaza with a three point shot” Baynes with the MLE and will get GR3 for the vet min. They will fall to the Clippers in the conference finals however. Saw the trade for Rose on YouTube and feel it fits with the Warriors desire to add veterans and also with Detroit looking to likely start a rebuild.

Steph, Rose
Klay, Poole, Mulder
Wiggins, Vassell, GR3, Simmons
Draymond, Paschall, Smiley
Baynes, Chriss, Looney
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#22 » by TinoDubs » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:09 am

Depends on who we pick in the draft, and how much he can contribute to the team. I see the Dubs will be fighting a playoff spot next year, 6-7-8 seed as best. Too many holes to fill especially on the Defense.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#23 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 7:26 am

Wiseman will be selected in the draft and start right away. He will be totally fine in the starting lineup playing around 20 minutes a night. People will be surprised with how easy the transition is because we have a great system, great shooters, great passers, and he will be an after thought for opposing teams. If Jordan Bell, Ezili, and Damian Jones can start here and help us win than so can Wiseman. The pro-Wiseman vs anti-Wiseman discussion will continue as people project his long term potential.

Shooting off the bench will be an issue like in years past. People will avidly vouch for a Mulder since he seems like the best pure shooter.

The TPE player will be a disappointment and face scrutiny from fans if it’s not a guy coming here on a bridge trade. Bob Myers will attempt to trade the TPE player at the deadline along with our own 2021 1st rounder and Poole or Looney to push us over the top. The TPE player in a deadline deal will be a big topic.

The MLE player will seem like a decent bargain player to fans.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#24 » by Warriorfan » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:48 am

Warriors trade
#2 to NY for #8, 27, 21 Dal pick
#8 Wiggins for #11 LMA
#11 Draft SF/SG A Nesmitb
#27 PG RJ Hamilton
TPE Min 2021 #2 for Rudy Gay.
MLE D Cousins

PF LMA E Paschal A Smil
SF D Green R Gay G Rob 3
C D Cousins M Criss K Looney
SG K Thompson A Nesmith D Lewis
PG S Curry J J Poole RJ Hamilton

GS is 7th seed but makes to Conf Finals
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#25 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:43 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Warriors trade
#2 to NY for #8, 27, 21 Dal pick
#8 Wiggins for #11 LMA
#11 Draft SF/SG A Nesmitb
#27 PG RJ Hamilton
TPE Min 2021 #2 for Rudy Gay.
MLE D Cousins

PF LMA E Paschal A Smil
SF D Green R Gay G Rob 3
C D Cousins M Criss K Looney
SG K Thompson A Nesmith D Lewis
PG S Curry J J Poole RJ Hamilton

GS is 7th seed but makes to Conf Finals

Well that's definitely a 7th seed team you've built there.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#26 » by cpower » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:53 pm

Cousins is worse than Shaq right now, you guys need to forget about him
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#27 » by giberish » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:16 pm

GS tries to package Wiggins + picks for another star but find that any team with a star on the market really doesn't want Wiggins back in the return package.

GS then drafts Wiseman, adds a mediocre guard or wing with the TPE and fills out depth on the cheap.

Due to some missed games by Curry/Klay/Draymond, Wiggins being mediocre and Wiseman being interesting but not good the team barely makes the playoffs then goes down in the 1st round.

The team then makes a drastic and umpopular move next offseason to avoid a huge luxury tax bill.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#28 » by TB » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:21 pm

I wonder how the 2019 Finals go if the Cousins experiment doesn't happen and we end up with Brook Lopez instead... Cousins was so bad, and still getting 20mpg in the finals.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#29 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:35 pm

TB wrote:I wonder how the 2019 Finals go if the Cousins experiment doesn't happen and we end up with Brook Lopez instead... Cousins was so bad, and still getting 20mpg in the finals.

If I recall, Marcus Thompson insinuated the Warriors first plan was to go after Tyreke Evans with the MLE. I'd assume that the minimum spot that went to McKinnie might have gone to a youngish C, but all indications seem to be that the front office was really planning on going with Jones/Looney/Bell to start the season. Evans probably would have helped up until the point he got suspended for violating the drug policy. So that would have been a nightmare. Brook should have been our target though, totally agree with you.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#30 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 8, 2020 9:37 pm

We've got to address the backup PG situation, I'm not feeling confident in any team that has Bowman/Poole as Steph's primary backup. Drafting Haliburton takes care of that problem as well as adding a versatile, efficient, 2-way small ball weapon to the mix.
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#31 » by vetmin » Thu Oct 8, 2020 10:20 pm

giberish wrote:GS tries to package Wiggins + picks for another star but find that any team with a star on the market really doesn't want Wiggins back in the return package.

GS then drafts Wiseman, adds a mediocre guard or wing with the TPE and fills out depth on the cheap.

Due to some missed games by Curry/Klay/Draymond, Wiggins being mediocre and Wiseman being interesting but not good the team barely makes the playoffs then goes down in the 1st round.

The team then makes a drastic and umpopular move next offseason to avoid a huge luxury tax bill.

Maybe im just a pessimist but this feels about right IMO, except for the drafting Wiseman part. I wouldnt mind if they did but personally i believe the intel that they wont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#32 » by TB » Thu Oct 8, 2020 10:53 pm

vetmin wrote:
giberish wrote:GS tries to package Wiggins + picks for another star but find that any team with a star on the market really doesn't want Wiggins back in the return package.

Maybe im just a pessimist but this feels about right IMO, except for the drafting Wiseman part. I wouldnt mind if they did but personally i believe the intel that they wont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I gotta admit the odds of being a borderline playoff team are higher than people think.

Worst case scenario IMO is:
Draft Edwards or Deni who prove to not be ready to contribute playoff level ball yet
MLE someone that proves to be washed or back to sucking (gasol, Dwight, Whiteside)
TPE Andre in what is clearly a pre-agreed plan from earlier in the year

Curry / Bowman / Poole
Klay / Edwards / Lee
Wiggins / Andre / Juan
Dray / Paschall / Smiley
Gasol / Chriss / Looney

IMO that roster would have used the #2/MLE/TPE all on things that might not help this year. And I don't think its a far-fetched scenario.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#33 » by CS707 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:54 pm

Dray back in contention for DPOY.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#34 » by WarriorGM » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:51 pm

TB wrote:I wonder how the 2019 Finals go if the Cousins experiment doesn't happen and we end up with Brook Lopez instead... Cousins was so bad, and still getting 20mpg in the finals.

In hindsight the worst thing about getting Cousins was how little relief he brought to his teammates over the long slog of the regular season. Someone else would have taken more minutes and given the other guys more opportunity to rest. Instead everyone started falling apart in the playoffs.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#35 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm

HiRez wrote:We've got to address the backup PG situation, I'm not feeling confident in any team that has Bowman/Poole as Steph's primary backup. Drafting Haliburton takes care of that problem as well as adding a versatile, efficient, 2-way small ball weapon to the mix.

Very few guards enter the league ready to play significant minutes as a floor general. Poole, with a season under his belt, is far more likely to be a reliable ball handler off the bench than Haliburton or any other guard in this draft. There isn't a Morant, Rose or Paul in this draft.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:03 pm

HOT TAKE: KAT is a douchebag
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#37 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 am

Warriors draft Toppin.

Warriors trade 2nd round pick(s) and TPE for Rudy Gay.

Warriors enter Bubble 2.0 as the virus is still a problem.

Warriors and Wiggins have a good start at 17-5 only to have injurie issues with Klay for a period. Wiggins steps in at shooting guard and Rudy at starting SF. Both allow the run to continue.

Chemistry issues with Draymond emerge as he dogs Wiggins and others and his personality get's old in a hurry. Toppin is becoming a dominant PF and a much better scorer taking up more of Draymond's minutes.

In a surprise blockbuster at the mid-season trade deadline, Warriors move Draymond Green, Paschall and NEXT years pick for Embiid (as the Doc and Philly attempt to keep them together doesn't work).
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#38 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 am

Mylie10 wrote:HOT TAKE: KAT is a douchebag

To piggy back on that.

Wolves start 7-0 then drop their next 10 due to complete lack of defensive focus.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#39 » by ShayDee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:HOT TAKE: KAT is a douchebag

To piggy back on that.

Wolves start 7-0 then drop their next 10 due to complete lack of defensive focus.

KAT requests out mid season and Wolves begin another never ending rebuild

On another note. Bucks start way worse than last season, Nets best team in the east and Giannis somehow indicates he is not re-signing with the Bucks and they trade him mid season for the best offer(Which is us)
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:09 am

I predict that KAT and DLO announce their engagement at the All Star game.....even though neither make the team.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors