ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,028

Re: 2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now 

Post#561 » by twix2500 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 am

Killian Tillie may be a player the Heat should look at as an UDFA. Was a highly touted player coming into college but was derailed by injuries. A very high IQ offensive player. At 6'10 could be a good complementary role player that my be smart enough to contribute rather quickly. A Olynyk type of player. Might be room to make him a better physical specimen by getting him in better shape similar to how it improve Sabonis career

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#562 » by dolphinatik » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:01 pm

can we have a running list of targets for 1st round , 2nd round buy-in, undrafted invite?

Mocks are changing the likes of Sadd Bey, Patrick Williams might fall out of out slot.

Im starting to warm up to Kira Lewis JR.
But I still have Jaden McDaniels as the biggest steal/bust of the draft
Ramsey
Aleksej Poku
Jordan Nwora

2nd Round Buy in:
Elijah Hughes
Jay Scrubb
Corey Kispert -------- Scratch he is returning to school now after likely going undrafted.(bad decision)
Desmond Bane

Undrafted Invite:
Markus Howard
Azubuike (I can see him going undrafted)
Killian Tillie
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#563 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 pm

With the way we're looking, and with KZ and Vincent getting ready on the sidelines, I starting to think we might just send the pick for a ready now player. Not sure who. But I'm not sure we need to add a unpolished player unless he has crazy upside.

Can we get a real high upside at 20#?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#564 » by puppa bear » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:With the way we're looking, and with KZ and Vincent getting ready on the sidelines, I starting to think we might just send the pick for a ready now player. Not sure who. But I'm not sure we need to add a unpolished player unless he has crazy upside.

Given what we’re seeing on-court, I would agree with your take. Unless there’s upside that we can’t say no to, then sending them out for someone who can play now is more important.

We have Bam/Herro as huge upside players contributing now, with Robinson/Nunn in the mix and still having room for growth, and KZ/Vincent/Silva already on the development train. With moving some of the youth we probably don’t have space for more youth - especially given that DJJ/KO/Nunn/Leonard have been barely used in the PO.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#565 » by Wiltside » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:17 am

puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:With the way we're looking, and with KZ and Vincent getting ready on the sidelines, I starting to think we might just send the pick for a ready now player. Not sure who. But I'm not sure we need to add a unpolished player unless he has crazy upside.

Given what we’re seeing on-court, I would agree with your take. Unless there’s upside that we can’t say no to, then sending them out for someone who can play now is more important.

We have Bam/Herro as huge upside players contributing now, with Robinson/Nunn in the mix and still having room for growth, and KZ/Vincent/Silva already on the development train. With moving some of the youth we probably don’t have space for more youth - especially given that DJJ/KO/Nunn/Leonard have been barely used in the PO.

While it probably depends on who is available at #20, there's been plenty of smoke on Oladipo for a while now. You'd have to assume he's someone we are interested in based on this, whether we like it or not.

I don't know how I feel about it, given we've seen Herro ascend and I want to give him the opportunity to start next year. He has earned that right IMO.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#566 » by Rafly » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 pm

No matter how much I try to avoid him, I keep coming back to Tyrell Terry. Dude is is going to be something.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#567 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 am

puppa bear wrote:

Duncan is in the mix, yea, but he is 26. Gotta put that into perspective. DJJ is even a couple years younger.

However if an Oladipo type player becomes available after this run you best believe we're pulling the trigger.

Who are the other guys we could tempt with a KO (expiring), Iggy (expiring), Nunn (young), 20th overall pick? Lowry? Do we have a shot at one of the young Bulls???
Read on Twitter
KJStark23
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#568 » by KJStark23 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#569 » by DayofMourning » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:02 pm

KJStark23 wrote:

Is this your video, or are you just linking to it? It covered many prospects that I find very interesting, especially Perry. Perry is overlooked by mockers at the moment. He has a bunch of high quality characterisitics that would be a fit here.
lastb1ckman
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#570 » by lastb1ckman » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:10 am

Man, the finals has convinced me. We need a back up center. With how they're stepping up now, I have hope that Herro and Nunn will take over for Dragic in the future. However, there's NOBODY to hold down the fort when Bam is out. I wonder there's anyone in this draft in our range that fits that requirement. Jalen Smith? Daniel Oturu? Xavier Tillman? Isiah Stewart?
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#571 » by puppa bear » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:11 am

lastb1ckman wrote:Man, the finals has convinced me. We need a back up center. With how they're stepping up now, I have hope that Herro and Nunn will take over for Dragic in the future. However, there's NOBODY to hold down the fort when Bam is out. I wonder there's anyone in this draft in our range that fits that requirement. Jalen Smith? Daniel Oturu? Xavier Tillman? Isiah Stewart?

I agree, but we’re not going to draft that player. More likely we use space of a 1-year MLE deal to get that done.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#572 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 10:45 pm

I think our biggest need is a guard since Dragic might not perform as well next season as he has this season.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#573 » by DayofMourning » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:18 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:I think our biggest need is a guard since Dragic might not perform as well next season as he has this season.

Dragics current and imminent decline will shift minutes and his role to Herro. Replacing Herro with a skilled shooter would be helpful as Nunn is not it.

Tyrrell Terry could be an option. Id want a guy who could do a lot of things though, not just be a shooter. This is where Nesmith fails for me. What else can he do?

Still, a big is our major need. A guy who can shoot, and protect the paint.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#574 » by DayofMourning » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:39 am

I'm a fan of Tyrese Maxey as well. Some mocks have him falling to us. I think Heat culture could turn him into a beast.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#575 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:47 am

I don't want any sub par 3 point shooters guards here, DOM. :evil:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#576 » by DayofMourning » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:33 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:I don't want any sub par 3 point shooters guards here, DOM. :evil:

Hes not a catch and shoot 3 point shooter yet Rex. He's an off the dribble shooter. He had to adjust and his percentages took a dive.

He does however finish well at the rim and he's also a high quality defender.

I wouldn't judge him too quickly. He might be the steal of the draft if he falls. The more I watch, the more I see his game being even better in the NBA. Like many Wildcats.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#577 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:02 pm

I understand this is bad timming. Good luck to Miami tonight. Fwiw I picked Miami to win this finals in 6! I hope you get this game 6 tonight I'll be rooting for y'all!

Miami is on the clock for the NBA draft subforum mock. If anyone wants to please drop by and make a vote!
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#578 » by Wiltside » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:34 pm

I'm in two minds about what happens in the draft.

Option 1 - we keep the pick and back ourselves to pick our BPA. Our last two FRP's yielded Bam and Herro, two of our core pieces moving forward. KZ developing in the wings and hopefully will be unleashed next season. Another pick that we nail here could really help us fill out our roster once we max someone next year.

Option 2 - move the pick and hope to bring in some veteran talent to keep our heads above water in 2020. Someone that obviously doesn't jeopardize our 2021 dreams but is enough of a difference maker to help us push towards a championship in 2020.

Going to be an interesting month or so in the lead up to the draft.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#579 » by radikalBaller » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:30 pm

Kira lewis closest thing to a dragic successor. Oturu is intriguing ad bam backup
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#580 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:46 am

As someone who has not followed college at all, I checked nbadraft.net, looked for Kentucky players in our range. They had Tyrese Maxey at our exact spot. Watched some of his highlights and yep, thanks for coming, that is our pick if we keep it. His 3pt shooting% sucks but his free throw shooting is amazing, and his highlights show he can get there with range. Great finishing and another tenacious dog on D from the sounds of it. Dragic will probably get one big single year contract and we'll see what happens after that, but cheap guards in Nunn, Herro and Maxey if everything panned out to go with Butler and Duncan at wings leaves us the cap space to go after the right guys to pair with Bam in the front court.

Return to Miami Heat