ImageImageImageImage

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#201 » by fendilim » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:19 am

pepe1991 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
KillMonger wrote:JI is not that far removed from 18 lol....plus he has the luxury of having the best treatment money can buy so as long as he follows whatever the doctors tell him and everything goes well in his evaluations during the rehab there is no reason why he can't come back strong....hey i hope he heals very well and can come back in 8-9 months instead of 10-12+

Hoping the same but I would suspect that there is a different level you have to achieve as an athlete :)

Meniscus ( MCL) and , anterior cruciatum ligament ( ACL) tears are not same.
MCL is far easier to repair and can litrally be removed.

I had my meniscus issue in same time one of guys i knew from gym tore his ACL, even on first sight you can see how much more painful and awful ACL injury is.

I’m sure they subject players to the most stringent standards, especially WeHam’s prized possession.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#202 » by drsd » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:25 pm

Interesting reading that Carmelo Anthony could be targeted on a one-year deal to fill out the missing forward slot of Isaac.

I guess the question is if his game would compliment the starters, or if he would be a major-minutes bench player. But on a vet-min deal, I would like his nearly certain 10+ ppg.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,168

Post#203 » by cedric76 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:29 pm

drsd wrote:Interesting reading that Carmelo Anthony could be targeted on a one-year deal to fill out the missing forward slot of Isaac.

I guess the question is if his game would compliment the starters, or if he would be a major-minutes bench player. But on a vet-min deal, I would like his nearly certain 10+ ppg.

No way in hell orlando ever try to sign melo. Never gonna happen
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,090

Post#204 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:10 pm

drsd wrote:Interesting reading that Carmelo Anthony could be targeted on a one-year deal to fill out the missing forward slot of Isaac.

where you seeing this? Orlando has to find another F because there no way Cliff is going to start Okeke or TRoss or Aminu. Those 3 are 7-9th men off the bench IMO. I doubt Clark or Ennis are in Orlando as they're going to get MLE type deals vs 1 year deals.

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

Bench: Guard, TRoss, Okeke Aminu Birch/Mo.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,855

Post#205 » by KillMonger » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:45 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

where you seeing this? Orlando has to find another F because there no way Cliff is going to start Okeke or TRoss or Aminu. Those 3 are 7-9th men off the bench IMO. I doubt Clark or Ennis are in Orlando as they're going to get MLE type deals vs 1 year deals.

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

We are a 7-9 team so it's not going to surprise me to see aminu out there with AG if he's still around. Aminu can easily fill the Isaac role on the team as Issac wasn't really asked to do much. Only difference is Aminu is nowhere near the defender issac is. Isaac's role primarily was just defend, run in transition and cut.... That's it, aminu can do that easily just maybe not as well.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#206 » by MoMM » Fri Oct 9, 2020 8:25 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

Why can't Aminu be a starter? He was basically a starter for 4 years before coming to Orlando. Not saying he is excellent, but he can fill this role until Isaac comes back in the other season. I am totally fine trading AG for someone who can score at 2/3.

C: Vuc, Birch, Bamba
PF: Aminu, Okeke
SF: whoever we trade for, Ennis and whoever we draft
SG: Evan, TRoss
PG: Fultz, MCW/DJ
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 572

Post#207 » by MasterGMer » Fri Oct 9, 2020 10:39 pm

I'd be really happy to see Magic signing Melo. But where did you hear that rumor?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,168

Post#208 » by cedric76 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 10:42 pm

MasterGMer wrote:I'd be really happy to see Magic signing Melo. But where did you hear that rumor?

Happy?

What r u guys drinking?
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,211

Post#209 » by thelead » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:33 am

KillMonger wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

We are a 7-9 team so it's not going to surprise me to see aminu out there with AG if he's still around. Aminu can easily fill the Isaac role on the team as Issac wasn't really asked to do much. Only difference is Aminu is nowhere near the defender issac is. Isaac's role primarily was just defend, run in transition and cut.... That's it, aminu can do that easily just maybe not as well.

You must be shutting out the terrible memory of Aminu's performances last year. He was f'ing awful. He shot 29%/23%/66%... hell, I didn't remember just how terrible he was until looking up those numbers just now. My god... and we're stuck with him.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,211

Post#210 » by thelead » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:35 am

MoMM wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

Why can't Aminu be a starter? He was basically a starter for 4 years before coming to Orlando. Not saying he is excellent, but he can fill this role until Isaac comes back in the other season. I am totally fine trading AG for someone who can score at 2/3.

C: Vuc, Birch, Bamba
PF: Aminu, Okeke
SF: whoever we trade for, Ennis and whoever we draft
SG: Evan, TRoss
PG: Fultz, MCW/DJ

Because he had a PER of 7 while shooting 29/25/66... He had to have been one of the worst regular rotation players for a playoff team last year.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,855

Post#211 » by KillMonger » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:50 am

thelead wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Fultz
Fourn
F?
AG
Vuc

You must be shutting out the terrible memory of Aminu's performances last year. He was f'ing awful. He shot 29%/23%/66%... hell, I didn't remember just how terrible he was until looking up those numbers just now. My god... and we're stuck with him.

no i remember.....like i said though, not as well....... though that may have been an understatement.....though when you're only asked to defend, run and cut how complicated is that really? that is the JI role in clifford's scheme....Aminu can do those things....to what degree though remains to be seen
fendilim
RealGM

Post#212 » by fendilim » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:57 am

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/rumor-nba-rumors-carmelo-anthony-join-orlando-magic-short-term-deal

lol just a suggestion. not an inside info lol
drsd
RealGM

Post#213 » by drsd » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:48 am

MasterGMer wrote:I'd be really happy to see Magic signing Melo. But where did you hear that rumor?

NBA Rumors: Carmelo Anthony could join Orlando Magic on a short-term deal; LINK

(( Hint: it is the top link by a search for "carmelo anthony orlando magic" ))

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,495

Post#214 » by Skybox » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:45 pm

drsd wrote:

NBA Rumors: Carmelo Anthony could join Orlando Magic on a short-term deal; LINK

(( Hint: it is the top link by a search for "carmelo anthony orlando magic" ))

Not a fan, but whatever....I'm so hyped for an exciting offseason that I'd back almost anything...Let's be honest, he'll basically be the best player on the team day 1 if he's in shape and motivated to put up numbers.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#215 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 am

I think watching a 36-year-old Melo shoot 20 times a night off iso's for this team would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for my fandom.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#216 » by pepe1991 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:57 am

PrimeThyme wrote:I think watching a 36-year-old Melo shoot 20 times a night off iso's for this team would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for my fandom.

Should also add Jamal Crawford, just for good measurments :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#217 » by paperboymafia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:05 am

pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I think watching a 36-year-old Melo shoot 20 times a night off iso's for this team would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for my fandom.

Can we give Josh Smith a call? Or even Antoine Walker?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#218 » by pepe1991 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:10 am

paperboymafia wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Can we give Josh Smith a call? Or even Antoine Walker?

Waker has his 5000 members of close familty to feed :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM

Post#219 » by fendilim » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:35 pm

At least we be scoring. I think watching this bench play some offense is more painful.

Iwundu, Bamba, Aminu, Ross and DJ :(
drsd
RealGM

Post#220 » by drsd » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:59 am

fendilim wrote:

At least we be scoring. I think watching this bench play some offense is more painful.

Iwundu, Bamba, Aminu, Ross and DJ :(

I have liked Augustin and Ross as scorers off of the bench. I think Orlando's limitations has been about post scoring from the second unit, and most of that has fallen on Bamba's poor development.

Return to Orlando Magic