ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#421 » by Sixersftw » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Can't trade him. We are about to get the FVV/Andre Iguodala "I got kids!" playoff power surge next year.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#422 » by eyeatoma » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Sixersftw wrote:Can't trade him. We are about to get the FVV/Andre Iguodala "I got kids!" playoff power surge next year.

Word!
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#423 » by phillynative » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:16 pm

Joels daddy may want to leave toronto to play back in spain.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#424 » by tsmith » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:01 am

Look how quick his feet move, thats from 2016 coming off two foot injuries. Looks a hell of a lot more nimble and thats personally how I want him.
Read on Twitter
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#425 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:50 am

tsmith wrote:Look how quick his feet move, thats from 2016 coming off two foot injuries. Looks a hell of a lot more nimble and thats personally how I want him.
Read on Twitter
I agree. This is the Joel that is a game changer on both ends. This is the Joel that has DPOY potential. This slimmer, quicker Joel can do so much more on the court than the current version.

And the funny thing is he had lost all this weight in that one offseason unless the photos were doctored up. And yet he came back and seemed to only gain massive pounds during the season.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#426 » by kuclas » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:25 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
tsmith wrote:Look how quick his feet move, thats from 2016 coming off two foot injuries. Looks a hell of a lot more nimble and thats personally how I want him.
Read on Twitter
I agree. This is the Joel that is a game changer on both ends. This is the Joel that has DPOY potential. This slimmer, quicker Joel can do so much more on the court than the current version.

And the funny thing is he had lost all this weight in that one offseason unless the photos were doctored up. And yet he came back and seemed to only gain massive pounds during the season.

Yes. He’s quicker

But also remember he was playing 20-24 min a game his rookie season

We know embiid gets tired. That’s why he takes plays off. Settles for 3 point shots as well

Only in game 3 of Boston series did I see embiid set up and cut off the point guard in a pick and roll. He had an awesome game. The only sixer who shot relatively well while the rest of the team shot 29% overall.

But as we all know. He had two huge costly mistakes in the last minute of the game that cost the sixers dearly. Embiid makes tons of mistakes. Moreso when he’s fatigued.

So we need to find a balance of minutes played and rest. It’s just a simply fact. Bigs just get tired. And trying to be a two way big is way too tiring. Even super fit giannis tires out and huffing and puffing and probably only good for 35-37 minutes a game.

Jokic only plays 30-32 min a game as well.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#427 » by Monix » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:47 pm

splitting the C minutes 30/20 (Embiid/Horford) seems like a path worth trying - allow both guys to play their balls off when they're on the court and not get worn down due to physical issues or age

when Horford is unavailable, Embiid plays more minutes with the 3rd C spelling him and the same for Horford when Embiid is out
Orangey
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#428 » by Orangey » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:50 pm

Embiid for Paul George and Shamet. Who says no?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#429 » by agiaco » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:52 pm

Orangey wrote:Embiid for Paul George and Shamet. Who says no?

Me
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#430 » by Negrodamus » Fri Oct 9, 2020 8:27 pm

agiaco wrote:

Me

The city of Philadelphia.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#431 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 9, 2020 10:17 pm

Are you drunk?

Go back to playing "Magic: The Gathering".
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#432 » by mithrandir17 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:25 am

Doc. Why would Doc want the player who cost his job in LAC in exchange for a dominant big man?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#433 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:50 am

I think Doc is going to be very good for Joel Embiid.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#434 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 am

Like most, he'll benefit from a new HC voice, but in the end only Joel can help Joel. Its hard to imagine him not being motivated coming off such an epically disappointing season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#435 » by Arsenal » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:03 am

Joel Embiid is the least of our problems. Our biggest problem is Ben Simmons refuses to shoot the ball like a normal NBA player. Our other biggest problem is our idiot front office pissed away $290M on two overrated fake "stars" who don't fit. Fix those two problems first.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,653

Post#436 » by stormi » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:53 am

51X3RF4N wrote:And the funny thing is he had lost all this weight in that one offseason unless the photos were doctored up. And yet he came back and seemed to only gain massive pounds during the season.

This aksjakflas. Wasn't him slimming down supposed to be one of the biggest positives of last summer, but come playoff time he was a popeyes biscuit away from looking and moving like Boston Shaq... I don't get it at all with this organization.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#437 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:27 am

Monix wrote:splitting the C minutes 30/20 (Embiid/Horford) seems like a path worth trying - allow both guys to play their balls off when they're on the court and not get worn down due to physical issues or age

when Horford is unavailable, Embiid plays more minutes with the 3rd C spelling him and the same for Horford when Embiid is out

This is actually what we’re trying.

And actually it worked with all our top 10 5 man units includes Al and almost all of them have positive netrtgs. I’ll check again, but last time I checked our best starting unit includes Al.

What we have to improve IMO, is not mixing Al as an important back-up and Al as important to just blindly pairing up with Biid. It’s like McGee-AD starting unit being a very effective starting unit but Lakers is flexible enough to not play a lot of that duo when the match-up is not favorable.

Why Al? Al pairs well with Ben. Ben is a human moving screen. Think Draymond or how Butler&Bam are being used with the Heat’s shooters. He can easily set-up Al for top of the key 3s, specially on transition. Al has a history of pairing well with a big like Baynes. Al can shoot 3s, that you can put Ben-Al-Biid all at the same time depending on the match-ups. Al is post his prime and I don’t think he is willing to sacrifice personal accolades and doesnt have any egos.

I dont know Biid personally and dont have any insider scoop. But I think Biid is offended that we need Al. Biid has a history of having negative feelings toward load management. Load management will kill any hopes of being MVP or any league sought after personal awards.
That kills your chance of having your own signature shoe or contract bonuses. Sorry if I have to think maliciously.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#438 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:38 am

The key with Biid is being in better shape and improving his 3s.

Think of AD. He should be able to be part of a big line-up or being a part of a small line-up. What makes the Lakers good is they can be big and still be up to the pace of the small ball teams.

If I’m the opposing team, I’d play small. Sure I may be down in the first half. But on the second half, Biid will be tired and it’s basically like playing chess with your opponent not having his queen. This is why if you notice guys like Jah or Biid usually plays well during first quarters then really burned out down the stretch.

What’s worse is we really a lot on him down the stretch.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#439 » by Stanford » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Arsenal wrote:Our biggest problem is Ben Simmons refuses to shoot the ball like a normal NBA player.

I really don't think it is. If Ben all of sudden started shooting 2 threes a game, we'd still have the same issues we did before. He's miscast as a point guard and we have no one who can create offense on the perimeter. That's the problem!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#440 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:36 pm

stormi wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:And the funny thing is he had lost all this weight in that one offseason unless the photos were doctored up. And yet he came back and seemed to only gain massive pounds during the season.

This aksjakflas. Wasn't him slimming down supposed to be one of the biggest positives of last summer, but come playoff time he was a popeyes biscuit away from looking and moving like Boston Shaq... I don't get it at all with this organization.

That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Embiid is a thick dude for sure and maybe the pandemic issue had something to do with it, but lets be clear. Embiid was not the problem in the playoffs nor was he Boston Shaquille Oneal level of fitness. Our lack of playmakers on the perimeter, our lack of defense on the perimeter, and no true point guard out there to run the offense were the issues. Brett Brown takes some of the blame as well. He helped put the roster together and relying on the likes of Raul Neto and Mike Scott was a mistake. Thank God we don't have to see anymore of his BS lineups.
Embiid could have been in tip top shape and the series still would have gone the way it did. Now i'm in complete agreement with you or anyone else that says Embiids conditioning needs work. It's been the issue with him since he's come into the league. I'd like to see him toned up and slimmed down to where he can play more of a faceup game. I think the reason he's bulked up so much is because he's had to play in the low post. It's not a good recipe long term for him to keep banging down low with mammoth sized centers like Gasol, Adams, and Drummond. Daniel Theis is short, but he's also as physical as they come. Brook Lopez, Favors, Zubac...These guys can all give Embiid trouble when he tries to play Bully ball. I think for his overall long term health and game, he needs to lose fifteen pounds and play more of a face up game similar to what Tim Duncan started doing. Carrying as much weight as he does is risky for him as he's proven to be quite injury prone.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers