ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1241 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Good. The fake season is over.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1242 » by Butch718 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Need to address the following issues:

Resign DJ - This is an absolute must
Bullpen - must add 2-3 quality arms in there
New Starting Catcher - Sorry but Sanchez ain't it anymore Realmuto should be the target but I would be ok with Higgy
They need to shift their IF defense. Put DJ at 1B, Torres at 2B and go after Simmons or DiDi at SS.
Add another SP - not a must but would be nice. Bauer is going to be too expensive, and I'm not crazy about Stroman unless he has good defense behind him.
Need to get new GM and Manager - Their mismanagement cost them this series.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1243 » by Butch718 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:It's gonna be funny when Gary gets traded to Phillies, and Girardi whips him into shape.

Yeah, this isn't happening at all. He's always going to be lazy and unmotivated. Hitting wise, he might improve a little, but his defense will forever be atrocious.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1244 » by GEOLINK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:It's gonna be funny when Gary gets traded to Phillies, and Girardi whips him into shape.

Girardi putting it out to the media that Gary was lazy is a big reason why he's not the Yankees manager anymore. :lol:

I don't think he and Gary get along too well.

Which is another reason I want Gary gone. Dude seems way too sensitive.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#1245 » by Phish Tank » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:21 pm

bring back Didi
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1246 » by GEOLINK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Phish Tank wrote:bring back Didi

As long as he doesn't disappear in the ALCS again.

I miss him, his defense was also questionable at the end as well. Still a better defender than Gleyber.
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#1247 » by Phish Tank » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:27 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

I miss him, his defense was also questionable at the end as well. Still a better defender than Gleyber.

yea, Gleyber's the million dollar conundrum. Is he a full-time SS? If DJLM is in the Yanks future, what happens to Gleyber? Voit has to be in the picture too right? Gio's at 3rd.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1248 » by GEOLINK » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

yea, Gleyber's the million dollar conundrum. Is he a full-time SS? If DJLM is in the Yanks future, what happens to Gleyber? Voit has to be in the picture too right? Gio's at 3rd.

Back of my mind I think Steinbrenners/Cashman let DJ walk. He will command so much money and they're not gonna want to commit to his mid-late 30s.

I'm putting it out there right now, don't be surprised if DJ isn't back next year.

Gleyber will be moved to 2B and they'll find another SS.
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#1249 » by Phish Tank » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:As long as he doesn't disappear in the ALCS again.

Back of my mind I think Steinbrenners/Cashman let DJ walk. He will command so much money and they're not gonna want to commit to his mid-late 30s.

I'm putting it out there right now, don't be surprised if DJ isn't back next year.

Hal the Cost Accountant strikes again
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1250 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Where do the Yankees go from here? I feel they should shake it up a little. One obvious move is to trade/let go Sanchez. Don't think he's a free agent.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/10/predicting-whos-a-goner-after-yankees-lose-in-playoffs-again-brian-cashman-gary-sanchez-masahiro-tanaka.html
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1251 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

IMO Torres played a lot better at 2nd. I'd move him to second. But that kinda forces them to make a decision at 1st and commit to either DJ or Voit there. Lots of questions for Yankees.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#1252 » by damedash09 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:54 pm

don't think yankees need realmutto. They need to move away from sanchez. Higgy deserves a promotion to starter with maybe somebody else in a platoon role.

The bullp3n needs fixing big time.

If they go big make a trade for another ace or think about bauer. I wouldn't be against getting two top end starters if possible.
damedash09
Analyst

Post#1253 » by damedash09 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Wanted tanaka back.. but let him go. His best days are behind him

Bye paxton and happ

Wanted dj resigned
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1254 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:59 pm

damedash09 wrote:don't think yankees need realmutto. They need to move away from sanchez. Higgy deserves a promotion to starter with maybe somebody else in a platoon role.

The bullp3n needs fixing big time.

If they go big make a trade for another ace or think about bauer. I wouldn't be against getting two top end starters if possible.

Yeah Yankees don't need a splashy hitter at Catcher. Just have some solid guys who can defend and hit well enough.

Yeah bullpen looks pretty crappy now compared to other offseasons. But I'm not too worried about that, Yankees always figure out a way to have at least a decent bullpen.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1255 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Apparently it is not a great free agent pitching crop so yankees will either need to make some trades or hope they bring back Tanaka and/or Paxton on the cheap. I would not overpay for either of those two. Happ needs to go.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
damedash09
Analyst

Post#1256 » by damedash09 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:08 pm

All of those guys can go.. save the money and make a play for bauer. Especially if he is really interested in a 1 year deal
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1257 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:10 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Good. The fake season is over.

Yeah I'm honestly not too upset because I would not look at a title from this season the same way. To me it's kind of a joke. The Yankees have things they need to address though...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1258 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:13 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Girardi putting it out to the media that Gary was lazy is a big reason why he's not the Yankees manager anymore. :lol:

I don't think he and Gary get along too well.

Which is another reason I want Gary gone. Dude seems way too sensitive.

I dunno. I am done with Sanchez anyway and want him gone. However, it does seem he responded better to Girardi's style more than Boone's. It probably helped Girardi was a former catcher too. But like i've been telling some of the fans that still support Sanchez take a hard look at his numbers from the last 3 seasons. It's time to accept reality and move on.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1259 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:15 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:As long as he doesn't disappear in the ALCS again.

It'll be interesting because DJ has really taken himself to another level in NY. Sorta reminds me of Paul O'Neill when he came here in that regard. I do think the aversion to over 30 guys in baseball is real though and I don't expect a ton of teams to be aggressive on DJ. The few maybe like the Red Sox, Dodgers, or Cubs teams like that with a lot of money might not care and will go after DJ.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#1260 » by Papi_swav » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

We only scored 1 run yesterday but we lost this series because of pitching. We scored more than enough runs in each game to win but we gave up too much runs and let guys on base too much.

Great pitching wins the World Series all the time. We need a #2 starter point blank period. Tanaka best days are behind him. Paxton and Happ is gone. I don't think we should trust German and Sevy in that role right now, go out and get Bauer, that simple. We have Sevy, German, Deivi, Monty and guys that can fill in the rest of the spots.

Also get another top notch reliever. Khanle will be back and Ottavino should bounce back in a long season, we still have Britton and shaky Chapman. Get a top reliever or 2. This is what will take us to the WS, we already have a decent offense that will get us some runs most games.

We're pretty much stuck with Hicks and Stanton , even though they did their job in the post season so I'm not mad. We need to resign DJ , he's pretty much our only legit all around hitter that averages over .300 every year. Sign some good utility guys that makes contact . Trade Sanchez for the best package, even though his stock is probably at an all time low, he's still one of the better young catchers in the game.

Not much else we can really do, our core and team is pretty much set. Fire Boone.

Return to New York Knicks