ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1041 » by jimmy keys » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:55 pm

baller16 wrote:Man looking at our cap for 2022, it **** sucks that Siakam is getting massively overpaid at 36 mil. If we hadn't extended him last year, we'd probably be getting him at 26-30 mill. But again that's in hindsight, I can't see him playing this bad if it was contract year for him. He'd probably be in the gym all day making sure he gets that bag.

Assuming we get Giannis, we have a lot less to work with in building a contender unless we move Siakam for an all-star wing or guard. This is why we take the gamble on Dipo right now. If he sucks he can leave but if he's back in form, we can re-sign him and package Siakam (whose probably gonna bounce back next season) for Beal. I have a feeling that Giannis wants Siakam though.

Or we get lucky and sign one of these

Elite FA Wings/Guards 2021:

Kawhi
PG
Jrue

Kawhi & Giannis is a pipe dream. We can only dream lol but that's a future dynasty right there. 1% chance of happening

Siakam would still easily get the max. Guy was 2nd team all NBA. You think he's signing for Buddy Hield money ? :lol:
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#1042 » by bballsparkin » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:59 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:there has been lot of speculation in the media that Suns are gonna be interested in FVV, for that to happen they will need to renounce, baynes, saric, not use MLE among other small moves they cannot make.

with mikal bridges thier starting SF going forward, i think they could be open to moving kelly oubre

oubre makes 14.38$ next season, FVV matching 125% is $17.97, so a 4 year $80.5

oubre is a free agent next year, so if no giannis can resign him, keeps our options open.

There is no way Masai is letting go of Fred if the cost is only $18 mill in the first year. One year of Oubre cannot possibly match Fred's contribution over the next four years as Lowry declines.

Valid point. I would think it would take in the 20's for Fred to leave. And then perhaps the S+T for Oubre no longer applies? Suns are a great fit though. Rubio is owed $17 million next and $17.8 in 21/22. He could be an option if hypothetically the Suns offered FVV a big payday.
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#1043 » by bballsparkin » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:03 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
Maybe it could be 2 separate trades like Ibaka for Levert and Temple + Musa for Norm + 1st?

I feel like Norm fits better with the Nets than Levert. Levert needs the ball in his hands and he’s not going to get his touches with KD and Kyrie.

Levert will get plenty of touches when Kyrie eventually gets hurt!

edit: And on a emotional level. I don't want to watch both Ibaka and Norm on that's Nets team.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#1044 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:08 pm

isyed wrote:Levert is my dream off-season pickup. Yes it puts the giannis dream in jeopardy cap wise but levert fits perfectly with Siakam, Fred and og as the young stud to round off the team for the future. Fvv can play off ball with levert handling the ball and takes a tonne of pressure off siakam. His defense is pretty good as well.

Levert has exactly the skill set we need to take us over the hump. If the nets listen to durant and trade for Ibaka for levert we are winning.
Raptors_128 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Unfortunately we can't add to Ibaka. He'd have to be the lone player in a sign and trade. Of course LeVert + two 2021 second round picks for Ibaka would be ideal. But could Masai pull it off? Idk.

Maybe it could be 2 separate trades like Ibaka for Levert and Temple + Musa for Norm + 1st?

I feel like Norm fits better with the Nets than Levert. Levert needs the ball in his hands and he’s not going to get his touches with KD and Kyrie.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app

I wouldn’t re-sign Fred if we got Levert tbh unless he was super cheap. Levert can play PG and he’s like what 6’6”?

We may even be able to re-sign Kyle while maintaining a max slot.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#1045 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 8:04 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:there has been lot of speculation in the media that Suns are gonna be interested in FVV, for that to happen they will need to renounce, baynes, saric, not use MLE among other small moves they cannot make.

with mikal bridges thier starting SF going forward, i think they could be open to moving kelly oubre

oubre makes 14.38$ next season, FVV matching 125% is $17.97, so a 4 year $80.5

oubre is a free agent next year, so if no giannis can resign him, keeps our options open.

There is no way Masai is letting go of Fred if the cost is only $18 mill in the first year. One year of Oubre cannot possibly match Fred's contribution over the next four years as Lowry declines.

Valid point. I would think it would take in the 20's for Fred to leave. And then perhaps the S+T for Oubre no longer applies? Suns are a great fit though. Rubio is owed $17 million next and $17.8 in 21/22. He could be an option if hypothetically the Suns offered FVV a big payday.

If a team (like the Suns) doesn't have the cap space to sign an FA outright, they have to cough up legit assets to convince the other team to do an S&T. Like the KD trade last season. Rubio - especially with the 2021 cap hit - doesn't qualify as a legit asset.
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#1046 » by bballsparkin » Fri Oct 9, 2020 8:36 pm

^^They could create space. Possibly a three team trade. CBSsports wrote about a scenario. Something like Rubio to LAC, LouW to ATL, cap space to PHX. Rubio can't shoot though so NN probably does not want.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,497
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#1047 » by SharoneWright » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 am

Some time next season, when the writing is on the wall for MIL::::

Siakam + and 2 1sts for Giannis.

We build with Giannis and OG. +/- Kyle, Fred, Serge. With TD3, Watson, and Thomas all rising. PLUS cap space.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#1048 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 am

SharoneWright wrote:Some time next season, when the writing is on the wall for MIL::::

We build with Giannis and OG. +/- Kyle, Fred, Serge. With TD3, Watson, and Thomas all rising. PLUS cap space.

Nothing wrong with the notion of that core going forward but pretty sure MU wants Siakam paired with Giannis. No way is the org trading Paskal for player that they really want to add to this 2nd seed grouping. I would assume that if they rejected Paskal for acquiring Paul George to get Kawhi you will also not see them getting Giannis with the same asset. Masai I think wants to add to this group by signing deals and having the optics of attracting tallent the way big market teams do. Can he do that in a pandemic? That is a variable we haven't see play out yet.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#1049 » by ItsDanger » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Going by NHL FA period, it looks like shorter term and lower $ than previous years. Will be interesting to observe NBA impact.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#1050 » by execoftheyear » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm

SharoneWright wrote:Some time next season, when the writing is on the wall for MIL::::

Milwaukee's too good of a regular season team for this to happen
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#1051 » by jimmy keys » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:40 am

I'd do this if we could include FVV and keep the picks. Ultimately there would need to be a next move lined up though.

Lowry
Oladipo
Anunoby
Antetokounmpo
Ibaka
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,497
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#1052 » by SharoneWright » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:26 am

jimmy keys wrote:

I'd do this if we could include FVV and keep the picks. Ultimately there would need to be a next move lined up though.

Lowry
Oladipo
Anunoby
Antetokounmpo
Ibaka

Salaries don't work. But, ya.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#1053 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:25 pm

I wouldn't mind liquifying Powell and trading him for a mid first round pick. I would pick Maledon and Nnaji based on the interest the Raptors have shown so far. Powell may end being much better than Maledon but we would risk losing him for nothing. I would also look to grab Hughes as an undrafted pick.

Ibaka(1 year / 30M) / Nnaji
Siakam /
OG / Hughes / Watson
FVV / Davis
Lowry / Maledon

It's going to be a down year as we can't risk any capspace for the following off-season. Most likely we would be able to add both Oladipo and Giannis. I would expect the rookies to produce right away as a bench unit led by a veteran (MLE?). A golden handshake with Ibaka to re-sign him next season. I would also try to trade FVV for future picks if Davis or Maledon show promise. I would want 2022 1st rounders for an extremely loaded draft class. I would use that stock the 905.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading FVV to Cleveland to dump FVV's contract and get back 4 second rounders in 2022.

Giannis/Nnaji
Siakam/
OG/Hughes/Watson
Davis / Holiday
Maledon / Conley

Getting Giannis himself is a small chance. I doubt we get both him and Oladipo. I would sign Jrue Holiday and Conley as stop gap options until Maledon and Davis can take over.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#1054 » by ash_k » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:08 pm

because Nurse is our coach, I still believe that the trade below makes the most sense
to Phil => Kyle
to GSW=> Horford
to Raps => Wiggins
(no picks involved!)

People have been drooling on 31 year old Jimmy Butler that all of sudden after never making it past the conference semi finals..he is now an elite player (allegedly).Miami (GOcAT Pat Riley and Spo) have been the perfect fit for him.
Just like I believe, our culture would be a perfect fit for Andrew.
Last season/still this season I guess, it was business as usual (winning) even when Kyle was injured. We are one natural 20-point scorer away from being a contender to the NBA Finals again despite KD, Kyrie,Boston improving, etc..
With the best coach of the NBA in our corner, the lineup below (with all that length and athleticism ) would get us 60 wins.
PG Fred
SG Wiggins
SF OG
PF Siak
C Gasol
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,221

Post#1055 » by sidsid » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:48 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Nothing wrong with the notion of that core going forward but pretty sure MU wants Siakam paired with Giannis. No way is the org trading Paskal for player that they really want to add to this 2nd seed grouping. I would assume that if they rejected Paskal for acquiring Paul George to get Kawhi you will also not see them getting Giannis with the same asset. Masai I think wants to add to this group by signing deals and having the optics of attracting tallent the way big market teams do. Can he do that in a pandemic? That is a variable we haven't see play out yet.

There are only 3 situations where Siakam gets traded:

1. Giannis demands a trade to Toronto like Davis did to the Lakers and let's MU know quietly that he doesn't mind if Siakam is traded for him

2. Giannis joins the team in 2021 and pulls a Kawhi collusion agreement with another player and asks MU to trade Siakam for him (or doesn't care if he does to make it happen)

3. A disgruntled star that is better than Siakam is on the market and the team is willing to take Siakam in exchange for him, like the DeRozan trade.

1 and 2 only happen if Giannis wants it to happen while 3 is an opportunistic option that you can't plan for. Masai will absolutely gamble on Siakam getting better over cutting bait before the Giannis offseason.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#1056 » by douggood » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm

ash_k wrote:because Nurse is our coach, I still believe that the trade below makes the most sense
to Phil => Kyle
to GSW=> Horford
to Raps => Wiggins
(no picks involved!)

People have been drooling on 31 year old Jimmy Butler that all of sudden after never making it past the conference semi finals..he is now an elite player (allegedly).Miami (GOcAT Pat Riley and Spo) have been the perfect fit for him.
Last season/still this season I guess, it was business as usual (winning) even when Kyle was injured. We are one natural 20-point scorer away from being a contender to the NBA Finals again despite KD, Kyrie,Boston improving, etc..
With the best coach of the NBA in our corner, the lineup below (with all that length and athleticism ) would get us 60 wins.
PG Fred
SG Wiggins
SF OG
PF Siak
C Gasol

we may be a scorer away, but with kyle on the roster.
and this trade takes away any chance of being a player next off-season in free agency, i rather keep that option open vs wiggins and no lowry.

and there has to be picks involved, phi is getting the better player and getting rid of a terrible contract..
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#1057 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 pm

ash_k wrote:because Nurse is our coach, I still believe that the trade below makes the most sense
to Phil => Kyle
to GSW=> Horford
to Raps => Wiggins
(no picks involved!)

PG Fred
SG Wiggins
SF OG
PF Siak
C Gasol
Omg no, why does Toronto even consider this? Wiggins is trash he's a poor man's DeRozan. You really want to tie up that much money to a guy who doesn't have the it factor. Philly and GSW are getting massive homerun deals. Lowry takes pressure off Simmons as a primary ball handler and can hit big shots.

GSW gets out of a toxic deal gets a better fit and keeps #2 or uses it to acquire a better fit. Toronto just gets crap back
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#1058 » by Psubs » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Let GS choke on it. It's like helping the Dodgers in MLB (helping the Lakers would be like helping the Yankees).
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#1059 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:19 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:I wouldn't mind liquifying Powell and trading him for a mid first round pick. I would pick Maledon and Nnaji based on the interest the Raptors have shown so far. Powell may end being much better than Maledon but we would risk losing him for nothing. I would also look to grab Hughes as an undrafted pick.

Ibaka(1 year / 30M) / Nnaji
Siakam /
OG / Hughes / Watson
FVV / Davis
Lowry / Maledon

It's going to be a down year as we can't risk any capspace for the following off-season. Most likely we would be able to add both Oladipo and Giannis. I would expect the rookies to produce right away as a bench unit led by a veteran (MLE?). A golden handshake with Ibaka to re-sign him next season. I would also try to trade FVV for future picks if Davis or Maledon show promise. I would want 2022 1st rounders for an extremely loaded draft class. I would use that stock the 905.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading FVV to Cleveland to dump FVV's contract and get back 4 second rounders in 2022.

Giannis/Nnaji
Siakam/
OG/Hughes/Watson
Davis / Holiday
Maledon / Conley

Getting Giannis himself is a small chance. I doubt we get both him and Oladipo. I would sign Jrue Holiday and Conley as stop gap options until Maledon and Davis can take over.

Who is giving you a mid first for Powell? I don't see the fits, maybe you get Utah, Miami or Denver to bite but that's the short list. Not enough to pick Maledon who I think is gone by #15 if not #13. Only thing I could possibly see is if your taking on Hield and The Kings just want him gone and your trading Powell plus Terence Davis and a future first.

Why does Cleveland need FVV when they have Sexton and Garland as their PG and SG. They aren't going to be good enough to justify paying Freddy that kinda money. I mean what they get a handful more wins if that.

That team isn't going to attract Giannis Antetokounmpo with just OG and Siakam as well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#1060 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
There were some rumours that KD wanted to play with Ibaka so I can see a deal happening.

Dinwiddie would be okay but, I don’t want Prince and his contract. I want Allen or Levert back and would add whatever else to Ibaka to get it done.

Unfortunately we can't add to Ibaka. He'd have to be the lone player in a sign and trade. Of course LeVert + two 2021 second round picks for Ibaka would be ideal. But could Masai pull it off? Idk.

I could definitely get behind dealing with the Nets but there would need to be some handshake deals going on in the background probably.

Ibaka S&T for Levert would be a really solid move for both teams but I’m not sure how the money would work with the new rules.

The norm deal would need to be done first if it includes draft picks. Otherwise, getting Allen back would be solid since the Nets would no longer need him. Powell for temple, Allen seems reasonable.

The Nets could then use prince +18 to fill in one more rotation piece and they have a very solid 8 man rotation.

Return to Toronto Raptors