ImageImageImage

Jimmy Butler

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Jimmy Butler 

Post#161 » by Jedzz » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:07 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Jimmy Butler is out here getting triple doubles and 40 pts in the final while Karl...

I was surpised to hear how that game ended, I was forced to stop watching mid game.
I didn't think the Heat would win in the end because when at times up by 10 or 14 earlier, they continued to shoot nothing but threes and were starting to fail at them repeatedly. Many kick outs to Crawford who usually only hits them when your team is down or late in pressure moments, not when in the lead early. Robinson seemed to be rushing all his 3s early. When I always feel that's the perfect time(big lead) to start finishing at the net with a little higher percentage on possessions to creep that lead up higher. Don't like it when teams start jacking ugly 3s like they are free shots in this situation.

Turns out I didn't get to see it later when Jimmy started finishing at the net more instead of just kicking out constantly as he did early on if he didn't draw a foul contact. Hope he can do more of that in game 4. Because the Refs gave Davis the Karl Towns treatment of early foul trouble in game 3 just to make a series of this, I have no doubts. And it's more likely that doesn't happen twice but you never know. They might want a 6/7 game series. Making up for lost tv time, you know? Would love to see Karl Towns allowed to do what Davis was allowed to do in game 1 and 2.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#162 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:28 pm

After game 3 I saw Jimmy referring to himself in third person and that was getting flamed around as a video quote. That was the sign of the end times for heat in my mind. Did anyone expect him to repeat that performance? I was hoping, but doubted it once I heard his third person talk. Jimmy will have to tell Jimmy Butler to man up again in the next game.
Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 199

Post#163 » by Battletrigger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 am

KGdaBom has to be happy hehehe
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 834

Post#164 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:32 am

Current NBA Top 10 Players List

Lebron
Kawhi
Giannis
Durant
Curry

AD
Jimmy Butler
Harden
Luca
Jokic
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#165 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:41 am

Timberwolves traded Jimmy Butler for Robert Covington & Dario Saric & the 17th pick.

Covington was traded for Houston’s 2020 1st — and that pick was traded for Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez. Saric & Wolves 11 Pick traded for 6th Pick.

So No. 17 + Beasley, Hernangomez, and Culver for Jimmy Butler.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#166 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:00 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Timberwolves traded Jimmy Butler for Robert Covington & Dario Saric & the 17th pick.

Covington was traded for Houston’s 2020 1st — and that pick was traded for Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez. Saric & Wolves 11 Pick traded for 6th Pick.

So No. 17 + Beasley, Hernangomez, and Culver for Jimmy Butler.

Id take that deal 10 times out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,167

Post#167 » by Neeva » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:01 am

Yes Butler is a good player but he’s also a whiney punk ass bitch who did not want to play In Minnesota and pouted until he got his way and Thibs stupidly held on to him to makes things worse for the wolves. :banghead:
flyindutchman
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#168 » by flyindutchman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Neeva wrote:Yes Butler is a good player but he’s also a whiney punk ass bitch who did not want to play In Minnesota and pouted until he got his way and Thibs stupidly held on to him to makes things worse for the wolves. :banghead:

It’s funny how many people here call Jimmy a whiner punk ass bitch. You know who the face of your franchise is, right? The same one the rest of the league laughs at for being that very whiney punk ass bitch.

Granted, Butler did not work out here, but if you’re going to be so critical and condescending to a player that shows the grit he does, I’d expect at least 1% of that “honesty” towards your own star player.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#169 » by minimus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Can we just lock this thread? I have zero interest in discussing Butler in MIN.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#170 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Neeva wrote:Yes Butler is a good player but he’s also a whiney punk ass bitch who did not want to play In Minnesota and pouted until he got his way and Thibs stupidly held on to him to makes things worse for the wolves. :banghead:

Yeah, I think Thibs deserves his fair share of blame in the whole situation
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#171 » by Jedzz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:36 am

The floor is now yours, Butler survivors. He had a bad bad game 6. Let him have it.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#172 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 am

minimus wrote:Can we just lock this thread? I have zero interest in discussing Butler in MIN.

Agreed. It's long past time to put the whole sordid saga to rest.
"The last domino falls here!"
TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

Are you impressed with what Jimmy Butler did this season for the Heat? 

Post#173 » by TheBomb81 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 am

Are you still mad him for the way things ended as he was traded to the Sixers last season?
Neeva
Head Coach

Re: Are you impressed with what Jimmy Butler did this season for the Heat? 

Post#174 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 am

Zzzzzzzz
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#175 » by theGreatRC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 am

What he did for the Heat and especially in the finals was inspirational, so yes I was impressed, especially games 3 and 5.

How he acted in his final months here off the court were embarrassing, that's the only thing i've ever had an issue with.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#176 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:37 am

Jimmy is a certified Top 10 Player Now: Hate it or Love it

Current NBA Top 10 Players List

Lebron
Kawhi
Giannis
Durant
Curry

AD
Jimmy Butler
Harden
Luka
Jokic
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#177 » by minimus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 am

Am I impressed with 31yo star in his prime, playing his best basketball and carrying his team in Finals? Kind of. But what I am really impressed with is how Riley has turned a roster with Whiteside, Waiters, JJ, Winslow into the current roster. No bad contracts, a space for 2nd star, promising young players on rookie deals. I am impressed with Spoelstra, who played modern offense built with two young shooters and solid defense. I am impressed with the scouting and development staff who found without high picks and developed Nunn, Adebayo, Robinson, Herro, DJJ.

That is really impressive. I mean it is rare to see that a team that went in Finals has so many resources to continue to get better. We have a completely different example when Thibs went 'all-in', used all resources, and made MIN a mediocre team for a few next years.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#178 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:09 am

Oh please they finished 5th in the east, they had a nice bubble run till they ran into a team that did not choke like the bucks and raptors.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#179 » by Jedzz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 pm

minimus wrote:We have a completely different example when Thibs went 'all-in', used all resources, and made MIN a mediocre team for a few next years.

This trash perspective just never ends from these few guys, they bring it up endlessly.

First, what were "all resources" that he had at his disposal? They were already half spent.

Two players, Towns and Wiggins were on his plate when he got here and written into the future script without his say. That's two MAX deals preloaded into what he could do here, that he had to work around.

A previous coach had already traded away one of the FRPs during his Thibs tenure. Thibs had to trade a player to get one back for that year.

What was this great batch of resources waiting for him that he supposedly threw away that caused half a franchise and half a fanbase to cry openly about it the entire time he was here and since? It's not like he walked into a situation with any bonafide starters outside of a developing still Towns. He didn't have multiple picks built up and ready for use when he arrived like so many other teams seem capable of amassing.

The team had LaVine, Wiggins, Towns. At the time, all the knowitall brains of the franchise thought LaVine was the third wheel talent, 6th man at best player. But they thought then it meant they had two max talents and a 6th man of the year all sewn up for the future. I had to deal with this idiocy for 5 freaking years while trying to follow this team.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves