ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kristaps Porzingis -- lateral meniscus tear of his right knee

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Re: OT: Kristaps Porzingis -- lateral meniscus tear of his right knee 

Post#241 » by dakomish23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:13 pm

knicks94 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
knicks94 wrote:KP has the body of a 36 year old Patrick Ewing.

And also, Ewing liked the jerk chicken, while KP is just a jerk.

I lost respect for KP when he developed a sense of a entitlement despite never carrying the Knicks to one playoff series.

When did he have the chance to? He never played a full season as the guy who would do the carrying. Got injured in 17-18, we traded him in 18-19 while he was still recovering.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#242 » by dakomish23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm

I’d still rather have not traded him even knowing he got injured again.

I still think the deal was fair at the time. So did many NBA folks who forget they were pro this trade at the time.

I still think you shouldn’t trade foundation pieces when rebuilding.

Obviously in the minority.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#243 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pm

dakomish23 wrote:I’d still rather have not traded him even knowing he got injured again.

I still think the deal was fair at the time. So did many NBA folks who forget they were pro this trade at the time.

You aren’t allowed to root for our 2021 pick. You have to watch KP rehab footage instead :lol:
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#244 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
And also, Ewing liked the jerk chicken, while KP is just a jerk.

I lost respect for KP when he developed a sense of a entitlement despite never carrying the Knicks to one playoff series.

When did he have the chance to? He never played a full season as the guy who would do the carrying. Got injured in 17-18, we traded him in 18-19 while he was still recovering.

In 17-18 the Knicks were 22-25 in games 22 year old KP played before he was injured, so, technically that's not on course carrying the Knicks to the playoffs since it's a 38 win pace. However, it's not a reasonable standard to set up, especially considering that in games without KP the Knicks went 7-28 that year - a 16 win pace. So KP clearly was carrying the Knicks, just the rest of the team and/or the coach sucked wildly.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#245 » by Gravy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Everyone always forgets that 17-18 was supposed to be a tank year. KP was considered a project, we got rid of Melo, Rose, and signed 2 pgs on their way out the league to teach Frank how to play basketball. Then KP had one month where he looked like a future MVP and the franchise is still recovering for losing him for basically nothing.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#246 » by BKlutch » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:07 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
I'd take a 36 year old Ewing over him all day everyday. The King of Kingston....

Read on Twitter

just saw vivica fox getting ready to jump in.

Nice catch! BTW, when is JVG not in the middle of every fight :lol:

Rose knew he was at fault the moment he tripped him and tried to square up on big Pat. Ewing just walked up to him with his hands down and was ready for anything.

Poor Jalen, now I know why he carries around that baseball bat everywhere he goes. He acted real tough when Bavetta was between them.

JVG always stood up for his players. Looking at the play, Ewing didn't purposely knock Rose down, but the trip was intentional.

While watching the play, I noticed there was an ad on the scoreboard for "The Wiz" store. Wow — that was really a long time ago. Time flies!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,256

Post#247 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Jalen Rose acting tough after Dick Bavetta literally saved his life is nasty.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,256

Post#248 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:55 pm

dakomish23 wrote:I’d still rather have not traded him even knowing he got injured again.

My biggest issue with KP was the cognitive dissonance between his image/self-image and his actual ability. HIs skills were obvious, but his limitations were just as glaring, notably the low scoring efficiency, the lack of playmaking skills and glimpses of his inability to defend on the perimeter. The money he was going to get and the way he viewed his position within the team and the organization told the story of a franchise player, but he was never going to live up to those expectations.

He's still going to be a winning player if he can remain healthy, and that's more than you can say about almost all of our players, but he will be overpaid, he will be injury-prone and he will certainly not carry Dallas to success. If you can live with that, then he can be a major piece on a winning team. In a way, with Luka there, he's right where he needs to be.

I started looking at him sideways when he didn't sit with the rest of the team at the boxing match because he and his brother had VIP tickets. It wasn't a good look.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#249 » by dakomish23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Gravy wrote:Everyone always forgets that 17-18 was supposed to be a tank year. KP was considered a project, we got rid of Melo, Rose, and signed 2 pgs on their way out the league to teach Frank how to play basketball. Then KP had one month where he looked like a future MVP and the franchise is still recovering for losing him for basically nothing.

You think Mills wanted to tank? Every decision seemed to contradict that. Maybe I missed something, b/c that has been my biggest gripe of the Mills era.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#250 » by dakomish23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm

robillionaire wrote:

You aren’t allowed to root for our 2021 pick. You have to watch KP rehab footage instead :lol:

:lol:

I’m team kids and get assets. It’s just not the route I’d take. Still think it was a fair deal, even if I wouldn’t do it.

I’ll take this opportunity to again argue against dumping the 2021 pick just b/c Luka is good. You never know what can happen. Same thing for the LAC pick swap. It’s so unlikely but seeing that part of the deal made me so happy

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#251 » by dakomish23 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:

My biggest issue with KP was the cognitive dissonance between his image/self-image and his actual ability. HIs skills were obvious, but his limitations were just as glaring, notably the low scoring efficiency, the lack of playmaking skills and glimpses of his inability to defend on the perimeter. The money he was going to get and the way he viewed his position within the team and the organization told the story of a franchise player, but he was never going to live up to those expectations.

He's still going to be a winning player if he can remain healthy, and that's more than you can say about almost all of our players, but he will be overpaid, he will be injury-prone and he will certainly not carry Dallas to success. If you can live with that, then he can be a major piece on a winning team. In a way, with Luka there, he's right where he needs to be.

I started looking at him sideways when he didn't sit with the rest of the team at the boxing match because he and his brother had VIP tickets. It wasn't a good look.

I can’t speak to what he thinks of himself or where he feels he is in the NBA hierarchy. I just think you keep definitive pieces when you’re lucky enough to get them. Same reason I’m arguing pro Mitch in the other thread.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#252 » by Gravy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:56 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Gravy wrote:Everyone always forgets that 17-18 was supposed to be a tank year. KP was considered a project, we got rid of Melo, Rose, and signed 2 pgs on their way out the league to teach Frank how to play basketball. Then KP had one month where he looked like a future MVP and the franchise is still recovering for losing him for basically nothing.

You think Mills wanted to tank? Every decision seemed to contradict that. Maybe I missed something, b/c that has been my biggest gripe of the Mills era.

They tanked in 18-19 for Zion and we already forgot about that too :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#253 » by KnicksGod » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am

Lateral meniscus, Kristaps Porzingis. Has a ring. Good nickname. Lateral Porzingis.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#254 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:28 am

KnicksGod wrote:Lateral meniscus, Kristaps Porzingis. Has a ring. Good nickname. Lateral Porzingis.

Meniscus Tearzingis
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#255 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Lateral meniscus, Kristaps Porzingis. Has a ring. Good nickname. Lateral Porzingis.

Meniscus Tearzingis

In related news, Loose Labia underwent successful surgery to repair an injury his trainers would only specify as loose tissue
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#256 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
just saw vivica fox getting ready to jump in.

Rose knew he was at fault the moment he tripped him and tried to square up on big Pat. Ewing just walked up to him with his hands down and was ready for anything.

Poor Jalen, now I know why he carries around that baseball bat everywhere he goes. He acted real tough when Bavetta was between them.

JVG always stood up for his players. Looking at the play, Ewing didn't purposely knock Rose down, but the trip was intentional.

While watching the play, I noticed there was an ad on the scoreboard for "The Wiz" store. Wow — that was really a long time ago. Time flies!

a lifetime ago. i keep thinking about how my friends who had kids in high school around then have ADULT children now. and we're not 40 yet.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#257 » by BKlutch » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

a lifetime ago. i keep thinking about how my friends who had kids in high school around then have ADULT children now. and we're not 40 yet.

Maybe this is the worst part of seeing replays from way back when! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#258 » by KnicksGod » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:54 am

thebuzzardman wrote:

Meniscus Tearzingis

lol
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#259 » by Galou » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:59 am

I dont post much but I remember my first few posts agreeing with phil Jackson on a few things. His analysis on porzingas was spot on.
F$+*k the Nets.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#260 » by Galou » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 am

I wonder how he feels about ntilikina. I can't remember phil Jackson analysis on him.

I got faith in ntilikina
F$+*k the Nets.

Return to New York Knicks