Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Pacercoltboiler
Freshman
And1: 46

Re: Is it time to consider trading Myles Turner? 

Post#41 » by Pacercoltboiler » Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:02 pm

After watching the Lakers play volleyball over Miami's head, heck no you DONT trade Myles. Keep the shot blocker in the middle, and back him up with another shot blocker in Goga. I agree with those who think that the defense could not handle a combo of Sabonis at center with Warren at the 4. I like the Turner Warren combo at 4 & 5, and think we need to move Domas.
Miami590
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#42 » by Miami590 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:16 pm

Myles Turner for our #20 pick, Kelly O., and Kendrick Nunn?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#43 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:46 pm

Miami590 wrote:Myles Turner for our #20 pick, Kelly O., and Kendrick Nunn?

If that pick was top 5, you might have something.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#44 » by Topofthekey » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

I'd still prefer to keep Myles even then

Olynyk is irrelevant (in the sense that he doesn't add anything for me here)

I'd rather have Myles than break him up into two smaller pieces in Nunn and whoever is drafted at #5

Value is decent, but I just don't like these type of trades where Pacers are acquiring several players for one, unless it's a massive overpay (which isn't likely to happen)
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I'd still prefer to keep Myles even then

Olynyk is irrelevant (in the sense that he doesn't add anything for me here)

I'd rather have Myles than break him up into two smaller pieces in Nunn and whoever is drafted at #5

Value is decent, but I just don't like these type of trades where Pacers are acquiring several players for one, unless it's a massive overpay (which isn't likely to happen)

Oh, Olynyk is usable expiring. He’d fill minutes for a year while the top 5 pick comes along. I’d rather spin Nunn off for other value or a better fit. But at least the value is roughly there, though.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#46 » by Wizop » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm

If Vic wants to force a trade there, Olynyk, Nunn, and draft capital works for me. Olynyk can play backup 4.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Wizop wrote:If Vic wants to force a trade there, Olynyk, Nunn, and draft capital works for me. Olynyk can play backup 4.

Sent from my phone.

At this time, Miami cannot trade this years first until after its selected. Their next available 1st to trade isn’t until 2025. They also cannot trade a 2nd until 2027, and not until after this draft, since it’s too far out in the future until this draft occurs.

They don’t really have draft capital is what I’m saying. I also just don’t see Nunn as a huge fit here. It’s really a question of if you want Nunn or Aaron Holiday, as there’s not a reasonable role on this roster for both long term. Robinson would definitely be a better fit.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#48 » by Wizop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:If Vic wants to force a trade there, Olynyk, Nunn, and draft capital works for me. Olynyk can play backup 4.

Sent from my phone.

At this time, Miami cannot trade this years first until after its selected. Their next available 1st to trade isn’t until 2025. They also cannot trade a 2nd until 2027, and not until after this draft, since it’s too far out in the future until this draft occurs.

They don’t really have draft capital is what I’m saying. I also just don’t see Nunn as a huge fit here. It’s really a question of if you want Nunn or Aaron Holiday, as there’s not a reasonable role on this roster for both long term. Robinson would definitely be a better fit.
I agree on Nunn but Miami could acquire draft capital elsewhere first if Oladipo wants to go there and Miami wants to make a fair offer

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I agree on Nunn but Miami could acquire draft capital elsewhere first if Oladipo wants to go there and Miami wants to make a fair offer

Sent from my phone.

Draft capital would have to come from trading a guy we’d like better than Nunn, like Robinson or Herro. I’d just consider it unlikely.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#50 » by Wizop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Draft capital would have to come from trading a guy we’d like better than Nunn, like Robinson or Herro. I’d just consider it unlikely.
I think teams like Boston with extra picks will be selling them for cash.

Sent from my phone.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#51 » by pacers33granger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Nunn is ok, but I'd prefer to just ride it out with Vic. Miami doesn't have much draft capital to spend and I wouldn't want Olynyk on the team at all.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#52 » by Wizop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Nunn is ok, but I'd prefer to just ride it out with Vic. Miami doesn't have much draft capital to spend and I wouldn't want Olynyk on the team at all.
I don't want to trade Vic and I really don't want to trade him to another Eastern Conference team. I do think Olynyk would fit but I'd only want a two team trade with Miami if Vic forced it.

Sent from my phone.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#53 » by pacers33granger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Nunn is ok, but I'd prefer to just ride it out with Vic. Miami doesn't have much draft capital to spend and I wouldn't want Olynyk on the team at all.
I don't want to trade Vic and I really don't want to trade him to another Eastern Conference team. I do think Olynyk would fit but I'd only want a two team trade with Miami if Vic forced it.

Sent from my phone.

I have major issues with how Olynyk conducts himself. He's had far too many dirty plays in his career for them to be coincidental.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:53 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I have major issues with how Olynyk conducts himself. He's had far too many dirty plays in his career for them to be coincidental.

Oh, he’s a dirty player for sure. You just have to accept it if he’s on your team. At least if he’s on your team, he’s less likely to hurt your players?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Draft capital would have to come from trading a guy we’d like better than Nunn, like Robinson or Herro. I’d just consider it unlikely.
I think teams like Boston with extra picks will be selling them for cash.

Sent from my phone.

Probably not just for straight cash. I think the last 1st round pick to be straight sold for cash was 2007 when the Suns traded the 24th pick (Rudy Fernandez) to Portland for straight cash. Pritchard was then the Portland GM. I could see Boston either draft stashing a foreign prospect and/or trading for a future 1st or 2nds. But Miami lacks a lot of the parts to do any of those types of trades. They can pay the full $5.7m though.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#56 » by pacers33granger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:12 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Wizop wrote:I don't want to trade Vic and I really don't want to trade him to another Eastern Conference team. I do think Olynyk would fit but I'd only want a two team trade with Miami if Vic forced it.

Sent from my phone.

Oh, he’s a dirty player for sure. You just have to accept it if he’s on your team. At least if he’s on your team, he’s less likely to hurt your players?
I mean he's also just not very good. Same as I wouldn't want young Lance shenanigans in a bench role player. If we're trying to build a culture as KP has said, I don't want guys on the team that cause those issues especially when their on court value is negligible.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#57 » by Lazlo4D » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:31 pm

I know people who downgrade Oladipo's trade value until he proves fully healthy. But Gordon Hayward is in the same boat.

Gordon Hayward has only started 71 games, played in 125, out of 236 regular season games for the Celtics. Averaging 2 pts, 11.7 pts & 17.5 pts a game over those 3 seasons. He is 30yo, talented, hurt a lot, and has 1 year left at over $ 34 million.

That said... If Oladipo is not all in with the Pacers, here is a proposal that has some merits for both teams.

Pacers trade: Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb

Celtics trade: Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward

Pacers Why: Jaylen Brown would fit nice next to Sabonis and Warren. Hayword adds scoring and passing, could really lift our bench. I think Goga can be a rim protector and do enough to replace Turner.

Celtics Why: Myles Turner would be perfect for their glaring hole in the middle. Oladipo is a closer they don't have, and it cost them in Miami. Jeremy Lamb is good & has value when healthy but here is filler.

Both Hayward and Oladipo are on 1 year deals but would likely resign with their new teams as both teams would be good.

I know Celtics fans will freak out at the thought of trading Jaylen Brown, as they overvalue their player, as most fans do. But they are getting great value and need for him with Victor Oladipo & Myles Turner.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#58 » by pacers33granger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 pm

We don't have the value to get Brown unless Domas is going out and Boston is interested in him, which they may not really be.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:I know people who downgrade Oladipo's trade value until he proves fully healthy. But Gordon Hayward is in the same boat.

Gordon Hayward has only started 71 games, played in 125, out of 236 regular season games for the Celtics. Averaging 2 pts, 11.7 pts & 17.5 pts a game over those 3 seasons. He is 30yo, talented, hurt a lot, and has 1 year left at over $ 34 million.

That said... If Oladipo is not all in with the Pacers, here is a proposal that has some merits for both teams.

Pacers trade: Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb

Celtics trade: Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward

Pacers Why: Jaylen Brown would fit nice next to Sabonis and Warren. Hayword adds scoring and passing, could really lift our bench. I think Goga can be a rim protector and do enough to replace Turner.

Celtics Why: Myles Turner would be perfect for their glaring hole in the middle. Oladipo is a closer they don't have, and it cost them in Miami. Jeremy Lamb is good & has value when healthy but here is filler.

Both Hayward and Oladipo are on 1 year deals but would likely resign with their new teams as both teams would be good.

I know Celtics fans will freak out at the thought of trading Jaylen Brown, as they overvalue their player, as most fans do. But they are getting great value and need for him with Victor Oladipo & Myles Turner.

I’m just confused that people are comparing Hayward two years out from his catastrophic injury to Oladipo immediately returning. Yeah, Gordon’s second year back is much better than his first year back. I bet the same will be for Oladipo too!

But I don’t se Boston having interest in that deal. They love Brown. Love him. He fits everything they need there at the 2 and he’s signed long term. And, I don’t think they want to be negotiating with both Oladipo and Jayson Tatum in the same offseason.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#60 » by Wizop » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:04 am

Fair enough. That's how I feel about Smart and the Morris twins.

Sent from my phone.

Return to Indiana Pacers