Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#21 » by MartinRiggs » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:04 pm

LeBron,Davis and all the fans must be enjoying now. :(
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#22 » by lautreamont » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 am

Kelphus wrote:Bucks AND fLakers go down in game 1 of their series against the 8th seed.

I will sleep like a baby.

fLakers should be very concerned. I am torn.

I want the clippers to meet and then thrash the fLakers in the WCF on their march to glory. But I also love seeing them cut down to size in the first round.

ah, sweet schadenfreude!

Another thread that aged poorly.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

**** Happens Like That 

Post#23 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 am

Agreed Kuz.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#24 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 pm

We started this season beating Lakers without PG and everything seemed on the right course.

Sadly Lakers got better with time and cruised to WCF.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#25 » by NickP » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 pm

I'm going to watch and enjoy the Lakers and Nuggets. May the best team win.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 961

Post#26 » by clipperlover » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Lakers publicly taking the high road, but likely privately gloating. Former Lakers publicly gloating.

Only the Nuggets taking them out in less than 7 will change that. If Denver brings that same defensive intensity they did against us, it is possible. Denver is 12-4 in the playoffs last 2 years when holding their opponents under 108 pts.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#27 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:03 pm

I'm not holding my breath.

I expect them to handle Denver pretty easily.
6 games max.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#28 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 pm

I agree. They can handle Jokić way better than us,and that is job half done.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#29 » by MartinRiggs » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 am

Now this is how you close the game after having a big lead. :roll:
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 961

Post#30 » by clipperlover » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:46 pm

What stood out to me in last night's game is how horrible of a decision is was not to sign Dwight Howard last off-season. We continued to lack depth in the post, but allowed the Lakers to add to their size.

Reports at the time were about Dwight being in great shape. All of Doc's Clippers team have lacked front court depth with size (other than the half season with DJ and Boban).
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#31 » by MartinRiggs » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Maybe Doc passed on him to play Trez.

But yeah,maybe that move would bring us the championship. :cry:
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#32 » by Kelphus » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:02 am

Not watching the game but just checked the score... fLakers down by 18 at end of 3... Lebron and Unibrow have combined 37 points...
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#33 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 am

clipperlover wrote:What stood out to me in last night's game is how horrible of a decision is was not to sign Dwight Howard last off-season. We continued to lack depth in the post, but allowed the Lakers to add to their size.

Reports at the time were about Dwight being in great shape. All of Doc's Clippers team have lacked front court depth with size (other than the half season with DJ and Boban).

Doc would have played trezz over dwight. We have a dumb coach. He's antiquated and doesn't pay attention to the anaylytics. We need to understand the clippers didn't lack talent to win against the nuggets. We lacked the coaching intelligence. Doc wouldn't have pulled mgee during that run. We would have tried a half ass pep talk and continue to let them struggle. He's a terrible coach. I know I keep ragging on him but I don't want kawhi leonard to waste his PRIME years playing for doc rivers.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#34 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:09 am

Hmmm...
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Post#35 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:11 am

DieHardFan wrote:Hmmm...

Anyone still watching the NBA can see that the two Lakers superstars are stepping up bigtime, Jimmy Butler is playing championship basketball, and numerous role players on both teams are doing what NONE of ours did.

I'm good with Doc being fired because the team quit on him, but the real problem was that the team quit. And Kawhi was NO JIMMY BUTLER. That's probably the most galling of all. [And it's clearly ABSURD that any of us were ever comparing him to LeBron.]

The problem was the horses, not the driver. Firing Doc is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic stuff. TO A MAN [except for Zu :wink:], NOT ONE Clipper exceeded expectations in the Bubble. And aside from Kawhi, not one even MET expectations.

And the irony is that the Sixers are just as gutless. Hiring Doc will not solve the problem over there either. And I say this as a Sixers fan.

Championships are still won on the court, not off them. The biggest irony of all is that both the Clippers and the Sixers could have had Jimmy Butler with just a little imagination, and a little love.

And either one would probably be playing in the Finals as we speak. The failure goes to the top.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#36 » by Kelphus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 am

Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#37 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:41 am

Read on Twitter

If nothing else moves like these all post season truly show how trash Doc Rivers was as a coach and how far behind we were as a team. The Doc/Harrell situation has to be one of the most arrogant and oblivious situations in clippers coaching history
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#38 » by NippySudz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:16 am

Congrats to the Lakers.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#39 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:08 am

Can't believe this sh*t. Tired of defending this **** team year in and year out. We literally didn't gain one fraction of an ounce of love and respect in LA with guys like Blake, Cp3, DJ, Kawhi, and PG??? WTF?? What a joke!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#40 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 am

I didn't watch a minute of the Finals and don't regret it one bit. Next season is going to be insufferable. This joke of a franchise really let VDN and Doc waste an entire decade and now the next coach is going to be just as bad. :noway:

This fanbase deserves better.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers