Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#961 » by Negrodamus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:23 pm

Woof, that trade is rough.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#962 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:55 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Chris Paul has had a lot of success playing with two bigs.

He did it in La with Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

He did it in New Orleans with Tyson Chandler and David West.

Now he can do it again with Embiid and Horford. But you also have a realizable 3rd option in Tobias Harris who excelled under Doc.

Now you also have the 1st pick in the draft which could be used for any player you want, Lamelo, Edwards, Wiseman or Deni.

Sixers would actually be a title contender instead of getting swept in the first round.

Sooo your idea to make them a title contender and not get swept out of the first round is to trade the guy that him being missing caused them to get swept and not be a title contender? Realll big brain stuff
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#963 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 10:47 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Chris Paul has had a lot of success playing with two bigs.

He did it in La with Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

He did it in New Orleans with Tyson Chandler and David West.

Now he can do it again with Embiid and Horford. But you also have a realizable 3rd option in Tobias Harris who excelled under Doc.

Now you also have the 1st pick in the draft which could be used for any player you want, Lamelo, Edwards, Wiseman or Deni.

Sixers would actually be a title contender instead of getting swept in the first round.

Sooo your idea to make them a title contender and not get swept out of the first round is to trade the guy that him being missing caused them to get swept and not be a title contender? Realll big brain stuff

Isn’t Simmons being often injured and chemistry issues with Embiid been an on going issue?
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#964 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:06 pm

Chris Paul and Embiid? Oh man, the Sixers would be in the 2021 NBA finals. And the number 1 pick? Can't get better than that. Sixers would be set for the present and future.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#965 » by stormi » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:36 pm

Wolves flair still begging for Simmons to his team aksjfalkf
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#966 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Doc Rivers, three weeks ago in the NBA bubble said that him & Chris Paul are great again. They talked out their issues & hung out together a lot
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Post#967 » by Negrodamus » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:07 am

Chris Paul might be good for us. We could probably get him without the T'Wolves.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#968 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:28 am

JCS wrote:Full list of players who were 1st team all-defense and at least 3rd team all-NBA as 24 years old or younger (from 1975 on) :

Lebron
Kobe
Duncan
KG
Hakeem
Giannis
Kawhi
Chris Paul
Dwight
Paul George
Gobert
Ron Artest

So yeah, maybe a few outliers at the bottom, but that doesn't seem like the kind of players you trade when they're 24.

I’d take anyone of them (at the year they won those awards) over Ben.

How do we know Ben is not really good enough to win all NBA 3rd team? Were anyone of us expecting him to win it?

If it really holds high value, then why are we not confident that Nuggets and Denver wouldnt trade Mitchell or Murray for Ben?

These kind of stat comparison doesnt matter and just makes us more bias. Like that time when we compared Nerlens Noel to David Robinson based on some numbers at that age.

Am I saying Ben is a bad player? No. My intent is, the work is far from done for Ben and i hope he never settles. Because we demand MORE from him on offense.

Shaq used to say his dad would keep his trophies when he was young. This allows him to not be satisfied and keep on working.

When Ben is asked why he’s not shooting. He better not reply that it doesnt matter because he’s an all nba 3rd team member.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#969 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:26 am

Chris Paul puts Embiid in the MvP race and the team in the finals race.

When you play with other high elite level iq players, they elevate everyone’s play. Like how Lebron brought AD’s game to the next level, Chris would do the same for Joel.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#970 » by eyeatoma » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:18 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Chris Paul puts Embiid in the MvP race and the team in the finals race.

When you play with other high elite level iq players, they elevate everyone’s play. Like how Lebron brought AD’s game to the next level, Chris would do the same for Joel.

Dude we are not getting Chris Paul and giving up Ben SImmons. Probably ever... If you want us to trade SImmons it's probably not happening with Minny. The #1 pick and Dlo might be enough but that's barely making it even.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#971 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:52 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Chris Paul puts Embiid in the MvP race and the team in the finals race.

How much commission are you getting if the trade goes down?

If you are willing to share. We can work something out.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,115

Post#972 » by M2J » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:14 am

Funny thing is Ben's simplest path to being great, is to emulate a player he's more talented than. Jimmy Butler. They're both in many ways poor man's LeBrons.

Jimmy didn't want to shoot either, but drives aggressively. Has a little jumper when close in the lane, even that little stop.... Pivot turnaround jumper. Ben had that in his game as a rookie, sometimes attempts those now.

Ben may not be as effective due to his free throw shooting, and make he's when more passive for assists(that's fine). But it's the perfect example of what I mean when I speak of Ben being aggressive without shooting. Though Jimmy can shoot some, defenders don't play him for it defensively, and he still gets it done. Even in crunch time, Jimmy just drives.

Great game to watch from Jimmy
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#973 » by phillynative » Mon Oct 5, 2020 2:24 am

M2J wrote:Funny thing is Ben's simplest path to being great, is to emulate a player he's more talented than. Jimmy Butler. They're both in many ways poor man's LeBrons.

Jimmy didn't want to shoot either, but drives aggressively. Has a little jumper when close in the lane, even that little stop.... Pivot turnaround jumper. Ben had that in his game as a rookie, sometimes attempts those now.

Ben may not be as effective due to his free throw shooting, and make he's when more passive for assists(that's fine). But it's the perfect example of what I mean when I speak of Ben being aggressive without shooting. Though Jimmy can shoot some, defenders don't play him for it defensively, and he still gets it done. Even in crunch time, Jimmy just drives.

Jimmy is the surperior worker and has put in the time to improve his all around game . Also him being as tough as nails has always added to his overall play. I just dont see that type of work ethic coming from Ben. Thats why he hasnt addes much to his game since highschool.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#974 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:51 am

The homie does seem to care more about being part of faze clan than he does the NBA.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#975 » by Eyeamok » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:06 pm

phillynative wrote:
M2J wrote:Funny thing is Ben's simplest path to being great, is to emulate a player he's more talented than. Jimmy Butler. They're both in many ways poor man's LeBrons.

Jimmy is the surperior worker and has put in the time to improve his all around game . Also him being as tough as nails has always added to his overall play. I just dont see that type of work ethic coming from Ben. Thats why he hasnt addes much to his game since highschool.

Thank you great post. I was watching Jimmy Butler last night and I'm saying to myself Ben can do everything Jimmy can do and probably better if he was more aggressive and would really work on getting better shooting. Ben Simmons is the only player in NBA history that every year says he is working on his shot and comes back the same player. Even DeAndre Jordan improved his shooting.

As a fan it's very frustrating.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#976 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 am

Is Simmons really playing Call of Duty while the Finals are on ...
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#977 » by eyeatoma » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:57 am

Time to call the wizards and offer Simmons, the okc pick, and Zhaire for Bradley Beal.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#978 » by Sixersftw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 am

It's officially 3pt vids in an empty gym season. Episode 4, lets get it.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#979 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:16 am

Bradley Beal ain't that good
76ciology
RealGM

Post#980 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:08 am

"Is everybody playing this game for a championship? Some guys are playing for the money, the houses, the cars, the fame" Butler on describing his Sixers teammates

Return to Philadelphia 76ers