Image ImageImage Image

we dont need any trades

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

we dont need any trades 

Post#1 » by Krazykiwi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:30 am

I think with a good new coach, the Bulls with current rosters can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. possibly win 45 games next season. This team clearly has ample talents. Zach Lavine could take off next season and become a top 15 player in the NBA. Otter, Lauri should be better than this year. Coby White could develope into a solid 17ppg starter. This Bulls team doesnt lack talents, they need better team chemistry and fresh new voice, and they will get just that with the Donovan. I predict this Bulls team go 43-39 makes the playoffs.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,515

Re: we dont need any trades 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 am

Even in this very optimistic hypothetical, then what?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#3 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:51 am

Otto is in good shape, but is he really hairy enough to be considered an otter?
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#4 » by PlayerUp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 am

Krazykiwi wrote:I think with a good new coach, the Bulls with current rosters can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. possibly win 45 games next season. This team clearly has ample talents. Zach Lavine could take off next season and become a top 15 player in the NBA. Otter, Lauri should be better than this year. Coby White could develope into a solid 17ppg starter. This Bulls team doesnt lack talents, they need better team chemistry and fresh new voice, and they will get just that with the Donovan. I predict this Bulls team go 43-39 makes the playoffs.

Didn't we trade Jimmy because Bulls fans were tired of being .500 and going no where even though Jimmy was an all star? Now we want to be .500 again ultimately going no where but this time we have no all star?
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#5 » by PlayerUp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:13 am

Bulls do not have a single player on this roster that is currently a Top 50 Player in the NBA.

We don't need trades
We don't need anything changed.

Everything is perfectly fine with this roster people.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#6 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 am

I think the Bulls plan is to not make any significant trades this year & hope this current roster will make the playoffs to entice upcoming star free agent(s). Once in that position.... trade away & build around our star players.

This team is currently setup to make all that a possibility in the next couple of years.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#7 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:27 am

PlayerUp wrote:Bulls do not have a single player on this roster that is currently a Top 50 Player in the NBA.

We don't need trades

Oh but we do...
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#8 » by sco » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 pm

I do think there is validity to not doing any trades as a strategy. After closely watching the trade board, most of the trades are about folks (including me) thinking we'll do better just getting rid of guys they don't like.

1) Other than Zach, nobody has much trade value. So you are likely to take a step backward talent-wise. Lauri is the only one who could be lost for nothing next off season, and the only realistic way that happens is that he has another mediocre season such that the Bulls don't want him.

2) Sure you are what your record says you are, but I am of the strong belief that injuries absolutely devastated our record last season. Our starters, who at least on paper, are decently complementary - never developed any chemistry.

3) Seeing what guys look like in a normal NBA system with a legit coach, could be like night and day.

If there are trades to do, I think we'll get more back in return at the deadline if our guys can show any uptick during the season.
:clap:
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#9 » by SfBull » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Krazykiwi wrote:I think with a good new coach, the Bulls with current rosters can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. possibly win 45 games next season. This team clearly has ample talents. Zach Lavine could take off next season and become a top 15 player in the NBA. Otter, Lauri should be better than this year. Coby White could develope into a solid 17ppg starter. This Bulls team doesnt lack talents, they need better team chemistry and fresh new voice, and they will get just that with the Donovan. I predict this Bulls team go 43-39 makes the playoffs.

31-35 is much more realistic for me.We don't have a good team even for the East,we have some young , unproved players ,an overpaid role player (Porter) and some vets that can play better with a good coach but trades are necessary if we want more than that.
43-39 is such an unrealistic expectation.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#10 » by SfBull » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:50 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:I think the Bulls plan is to not make any significant trades this year & hope this current roster will make the playoffs to entice upcoming star free agent(s). Once in that position.... trade away & build around our star players.

This team is currently setup to make all that a possibility in the next couple of years.

:nonono:
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#11 » by SfBull » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:51 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:Bulls do not have a single player on this roster that is currently a Top 50 Player in the NBA.

We don't need trades

Oh but we do...

We had one Top 10 player in Jimmy and we trade him for what?
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#12 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:34 pm

The plan is to statistically bump up the players this year with proper coaching and then have options to trade to reshape the team.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#13 » by troza » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:02 pm

I would say that strategically we might not need trades right now. We need to bump the value of some players, others will need to see their value under a new coach before deciding that it is time to part ways and so on.

But we do need trades. We need talent and leadership. We need assets if this new front office feels that we really need to start again or to be in a better position to land free agents and we also need that all star player to appear (if it is Zach or someone on the roster, we still need more talent).

So, for me... unless it was all on Jimbo (highly doubtful) we need trades. I do believe that we will do better than last year but we need this team to be attractive while keeping the cap space (like the Nets and Clippers did it in the last year, although I think that will backfire cause they aren't as good as they appeared to be... it wasn't just add a star and win).
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#14 » by ChettheJet » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm

They shouldn't refuse to trade but where they stand with contracts and uncertainty with injury rehab with several players they can't make the major roster overhaul people keep posting on trade boards. All they could do making a lot of trades would be to get somebody else's question marks and gamble the ones they get are better than the ones they give up.

The deals I see at S&T for Dunn and Valentine and moving an unhappy Thad Young, who or what that can bring back who knows.

To show how clueless some people are I've seen numerous trade ideas that send Markkanen and Young to any number of destinations. These brainiacs seem to ignore that if Thad is unhappy playing behind Lauri in CHI he's going to be just as unhappy playing behind him on some other team.

We don't need trades

Then it's not that they don't need to make any trades, you're saying they are stuck with what they have because they can't trade the lousy players they have because they are so lousy. So they can't improve and people with that opinion should really find a new team.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 896

Post#15 » by Evil_Headband » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:31 pm

AKME need to be talking to teams, and if a good trade becomes available, they should make it.

That said, it does seem to be a transition and development year with expectations not too high. It does seem possible that they could be decent particularly if they stay healthy.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#16 » by PlayerUp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:The plan is to statistically bump up the players this year with proper coaching and then have options to trade to reshape the team.

This is correct.

Transforming us into a development team so we can maximize our players value and then the inflated overrated players we have we ship off to other teams for some nice assets back.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#17 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:51 pm

I would trade WCJ and Porter if offered anything decent...

That Porter contract for his production is brutal.

WCJ body language on the court just turns me off.

I'd also trade Markkannen before overpaying him.
He'll be good but he needs a few more years to mature and figure out he needs to rebound and do more than chuck 3's.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#18 » by TheStig » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:15 pm

I'd move WC. I just don't see him developing into an impact player. I'd have confidence in him if he was practicing a 1000 corner 3's a day. But we've seen, you can't have a plodding big man who can't space the floor and fouls a lot and can't stay healthy and thinks he's a 4. I'd see what I can get for him.

I'd also put some feelers out for Lavine. He is our best asset and will be due for a giant contract after next year. If you can get good value for him, I'd consider moving him. I think he's good. I think he can work. But I don't think I want to pay him 30 mill a year.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#19 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:08 pm

The real question is whether we want this team to win 43 games and make the playoffs? I'd rather be in the 50+ win bracket, or one more lotto year (subtract good roster pieces like Otto; young guys show good improvement that doesn't translate to the win-column). I don't want to win 43-games with an expiring Otter.

I think it's a good time to be aggressive. Agreed that you need some games to figure out what you have, but I feel like Arturas is gonna be able to scout in the gym. IMO you don't need 82-game sample size to figure out whether Lauri and Zach are guys to resign on big pay raises; it's more a question of "can these guys win playoff games?" I'm going to ere on 'no' for Lauri, and 'yes- as a 2nd or 3rd piece' for Zach. Fact is you don't want to wait until the next post-season to make these conclusions, cause their contracts are coming to an end.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#20 » by Andi Obst » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:37 pm

So is Otter officially a thing now?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to Chicago Bulls