ImageImageImage

Appreciation thread for this team and...this all thing. A run we'll remember

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Appreciation thread for this team and...this all thing. A run we'll remember 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:22 am

So it's probably corny but I feel this all run is deserving of some special recognition :

Really appreciate the chance to see this Unique team during this amazing run.

In these crazy times it was super fun to have them in my mind, as something positive and inspiring to think about.

I think a lot of us will remember this run for a long time, it really was something special, both on and off the court.
One of the most "Heat" teams I've ever seen.

We actually played in the NBA finals with 2 undrafted players, 2 rookies, lots of home grown talent, Led by a misunderstood and underrated star that finally found his home and got the respect he deserved for all these years.

And we nearly pulled it off!

This board really was super fun, positive, insightful, close-knit and was the perfect background for this run.

So wondering what are some the moments/performances/plays/off the court stuff you'll keep in your memory treasure box?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Appreciation thread for this team and...this all thing. A run we'll remember 

Post#2 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:29 am

Everyone had their individual games that they peaked and performed real well. We enjoyed each player, aside from Nunn. Although g5 he did pretty well in the finals. Nonetheless, the Bam block on Tatum and Jimmy's historic clutch shots and will to win is something I'll always cherish.

Off-court would deff be Jimmy/Dragic friendship, along with Bam.
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Re: Appreciation thread for this team and...this all thing. A run we'll remember 

Post#3 » by Bishop45 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 am

One to remember
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#4 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 am

goodboy wrote:Everyone had their individual games that they peaked and performed real well. We enjoyed each player, aside from Nunn. Although g5 he did pretty well in the finals. Nonetheless, the Bam block on Tatum and Jimmy's historic clutch shots and will to win is something I'll always cherish.

No love for snarling rookie going for 37 against Celtics in ECF?

Really goodboy....
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#5 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:35 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
goodboy wrote:Everyone had their individual games that they peaked and performed real well. We enjoyed each player, aside from Nunn. Although g5 he did pretty well in the finals. Nonetheless, the Bam block on Tatum and Jimmy's historic clutch shots and will to win is something I'll always cherish.

No love for snarling rookie going for 37 against Celtics in ECF?

Really goodboy....

Oh phuck, yes thats in there.
Bright
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#6 » by zgope1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:48 am

And that’s it. An amazing season. In hindsight it was an incredible effort to make us think we could win it. Lakers just too good for us at this stage.

So so so proud of our team. A memory that will last forever. Happy for Jimmy that he got this moment to show his greatness.

So glad Goran showed his wares and played so great this post season.

Amazing moments in each series for Duncan. A true weapon we have unearthed that will one day be a great support piece on a true contender for us I hope.

Tyler had a HUGE post season for a rookie. One of the best ever. Amazing killing smart and the Celtics with his elephant balls.

Bam was a beast and I think is a future superstar and current top 20 guy. His fingerprints were all over beating Boston. He was the cheat code. Love him and can’t wait to see him develop.

Let’s treasure this special ride as fans. Be happy we got it. Love these warriors that made us proud.

Heat nation got a lot to be proud of. Onwards and upwards
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#7 » by insfo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 am

A teaching moment I had tonight with my little one. He was wondering why I wanted to keep watching as the Lakers ran up the score in the second quarter. He was like no way we come back, so let's watch something else. Told him no way, that this right there was what "fandom" was all about. Front running and celebrating when your team wins, anyone can do. But forcing yourself to sit, watch and support as your team struggles, that is what fandom is all about. So I asked him does he see any one of our players going back to the locker room? They might look tired and might look like they are ready to give up, but they are there on the court playing and still trying .. so will we. I hope someday he gets it.

Jimmy Butler, you are the heart and soul of this team. It's almost like we built this ad campaign to talk about our culture with you in mind and this was the team you were always meant to lead. Hope you see great success here, since your hard work and dedication definitely needs that to be the logical conclusion. Too bad it couldn't be this year, but hopefully it is soon.

Bam, wow, what can I say. Your growth from seeing backup minutes to Hassan to becoming one of the premier bigs in the league in a year has been nothing short of astonishing. Hope you can build up your confidence to shoot those mid-range shots you were swishing today on a regular basis. You are too valuable to the team to have you just be a passer and defender.

Goran, you were a warrior. Loved seeing you hoop, and the special camaraderie this group shared; it always felt like you were in the middle of it all. It was too bad you hurt yourself when we needed you the most, but what a warrior you were to try and contribute in any way you could in spite of what I'm sure was excruciating pain.

Tyler Herro, you just do you. Love your confidence and the way you've taken to Jimmy's tutelage. Couldn't have asked for a better rookie season where you made multiple teams question their front office as you sliced and diced your way into our hearts.

Duncan, boy were you a godsend for this team. You had threads/posts on here comparing you to people like Klay Thompson! Not bad for an undrafted player from a division 3 school that no one gave a second look to. And I loved your answer when NBATv mentioned a stat to you - that only Ray Allen & Steph Curry had hit more than the 7 3s you hit in Game 5, and asked you how you felt and you said "I have 2 more players to catch". Couldn't have loved you more!

Jae Crowder, you might have been the reason why our season turned around. After the trade, we seemed like a different team altogether with your defense and 3 point shooting (JAE BAE THREA anyone?). Iggy was supposed to be the centerpiece, but you were no throw-in. Hope to see you again next year.

Nunn, what a roller-coaster ride of a season. Multiple rookie of the months, and ended up beating the vaunted Zion Williamson as the runner up for the ROY award. COVID again played spoilsport, but you still stayed engaged and when you were needed the most, you came through in Game 5.

KellyO, would have loved to see you more these finals. When you had your chances you made an impression, so not sure what happened after game 3. Hoping to see more of you next year as we attempt a climb back to the summit again.

DJJ, I'm guessing we are going to lose you next year but enjoyed every second of seeing you on the court. You've made me come off my seat so many times with your jaw-dropping athleticism, and it was great to see you deservedly take the Dunk competition crown.

The rest, love you all too. Andre's 3pt shooting to put away Boston was marvelous. Leonard's cheerleading was a joy to behold. King Solo needing to find a barber quick. UD's speeches being the stuff of legends. KZ playing the role of Giannis in practice, as if we couldn't get any more excited!

And finally Coach Spo, you were all of us when you took the stage to answer questions for the last time this season. We all felt what you felt, and it was such a raw moment that caught a lot of us off-guard. It's obvious to see your love for the game, and your leadership shines brightly through your team. You are the epitome of class, never one to blame someone else/injuries/refs/whatever for your team's struggles which was in vivid contrast to others who shall not be named. JVG was commenting about one of your TO huddles where every single player was fully engaged, and how this was a sign of a team buying in even when down 30+. Oh, not just the team .. we as fans bought in too. I look forward to seeing what you have in store next year, but for now I'm just thankful for being a small part of an awesome run.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Post#8 » by Chalm Down » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:34 am

Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#9 » by Rafly » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 am

Injuries killed the team at the end. But it was a fun ride. Amidst COVID and all the other stuff these guys gave us something to look forward to. I was down but I can’t wait till free agency, the draft and next season. Love this team. And love all of y’all.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#10 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#11 » by Sgt P » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Finally, we never mention, almost made Dion team. TG

So proud. This came out one of few things a person can like about 2020.
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
BigFaceCoffee
Junior
And1: 683

Post#12 » by BigFaceCoffee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 pm

I've been watching the Heat since the 2006 finals. This was my favorite season in Heat history. We didn't win the Finals, but getting as far as we did against all expectations, with the crew we did it with, in the longest and most clusterf**ky NBA season there ever has been and ever will be, is magical.

After roughly 5 years of meandering around .500, worrying how we were going to unload bad contracts and manage reduced draft capital, we're in a position where we don't have to worry about the future of this team. The future is here. The future is Bam, Herro, and Duncan. Perhaps Nunn as well. And the present of course is Jimmy Butler. We are the Miami Heat, and we're not going f**king anywhere.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#13 » by Shootit » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:46 pm

This was one hell of a ride. Shame it ended as it did last night but still super happy with this season.
Hopefully, Pat can pull off another good offseason and at the same time keep the 2021 offseason dreams alive as well.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#14 » by Heat3 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 pm

insfo wrote:A teaching moment I had tonight with my little one. He was wondering why I wanted to keep watching as the Lakers ran up the score in the second quarter. He was like no way we come back, so let's watch something else. Told him no way, that this right there was what "fandom" was all about. Front running and celebrating when your team wins, anyone can do. But forcing yourself to sit, watch and support as your team struggles, that is what fandom is all about. So I asked him does he see any one of our players going back to the locker room? They might look tired and might look like they are ready to give up, but they are there on the court playing and still trying .. so will we. I hope someday he gets it.

:clap:

A lesson many posters here need to learn!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Post#15 » by dshearn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:08 am

This was my favorite Heat team of all time. So much character they are just hella likable. Its a shame they came up a few games short, but I love how they left it on the court and never dishonored the game.

Great team and great season. I cant wait for next year.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#16 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:19 am

insfo wrote:A teaching moment I had tonight with my little one. He was wondering why I wanted to keep watching as the Lakers ran up the score in the second quarter. He was like no way we come back, so let's watch something else. Told him no way, that this right there was what "fandom" was all about. Front running and celebrating when your team wins, anyone can do. But forcing yourself to sit, watch and support as your team struggles, that is what fandom is all about. So I asked him does he see any one of our players going back to the locker room? They might look tired and might look like they are ready to give up, but they are there on the court playing and still trying .. so will we. I hope someday he gets it.

And finally Coach Spo, you were all of us when you took the stage to answer questions for the last time this season. We all felt what you felt, and it was such a raw moment that caught a lot of us off-guard. It's obvious to see your love for the game, and your leadership shines brightly through your team. You are the epitome of class, never one to blame someone else/injuries/refs/whatever for your team's struggles which was in vivid contrast to others who shall not be named. JVG was commenting about one of your TO huddles where every single player was fully engaged, and how this was a sign of a team buying in even when down 30+. Oh, not just the team .. we as fans bought in too. I look forward to seeing what you have in store next year, but for now I'm just thankful for being a small part of an awesome run.

Absolutely. This team never quit throughout the bubble - So we ride w/ 'em through adversities. We go through the heartache & anguish w/ 'em. Just as we did in 07-08 during the dismal 15-67 season. You experience those hardships as that's when loyalty is needed most. "You've got to stay together if you've got the guts. You don't find the first door and run out of it"

There's more joy once success comes because you went through & experienced hell with the team & earned the celebration of victory w/ them as a fan. In oppose to turning up during good times when you ghosted during the hardships.

Spo's emotions personified the heart & fight of the Miami Heat this season. That perfectly displayed the brotherhood, fight & desire of this team. It was well felt. Let those tears flood what team comes in our way for that Championship.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#17 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:In these crazy times it was super fun to have them in my mind, as something positive and inspiring to think about.

This board really was super fun, positive, insightful, close-knit and was the perfect background for this run.

That perhaps best exemplifies the emotion felt about this team during this sh*t show that is 2020. For a month or so we were able to escape & be inspired w/ the fight, brotherhood & will of this team. In Melbourne, Australia we're in heavy lockdown almost the entire yr now. But i'd wake up positive & hopeful. It was a blessing.

I agree wholeheartedly about the board. I'd anticipate browsing through posts. It was just as much a part of the journey. I appreciate the integrity on this board also, which further personifies Heat Culture.

Personally, it's been great to be back. As you may know i was here prior to Lebron signing. I couldn't get down w/ the big-3 era. Tried to tolerate but the bs was too much. Once Lebron left in 14-15 season my Heat gear dusted & worn again. spite of the fact we didn't make the PO's for the 1st time in 6 seasons. But i was right there in the trenches again grinding out game after game, season after season trying to get back to glory. And now here we are. It's time again. This time we've done it the right way. And that's everything.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#18 » by HIF » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:52 am

Great

but it all starts again soon.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#19 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:13 pm

As an outsider now, just wanted to say that I still love this org and this team. Hats off on a helluva szn. From Arison and Riles, to Spo and Co, to Jimmy and Bam, all the way do to the end.

Much respect to the 2019-2020 Heat.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Return to Miami Heat