ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#21 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:58 am

Rafly wrote:So yeah. I would absolutely love to get another near 40% 3 point shooter at the power forward spot. We saw how great these guys looked when Crowder was hitting the open 3’s. Now sure there are plenty of guys that can approach that Mark but the difficult part is finding a guy that can also play very good defense.

Bertans
Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#22 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Bring GOAT Doncic or nothing. Oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#23 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 pm

JLop wrote:Image

Spoiler:

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Miami590
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#24 » by Miami590 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:28 pm

1 year contract: Dragic and Crowder
MLE: Paul Millsap
Trade: See who you could get packaging KO, Nunn and our first.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#25 » by JLop » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:
JLop wrote:Image

Spoiler:

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#26 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Players I don’t think will be on the team next season:

1) Hill (provided no contribution to team)
2) Leonard (great in early season play, suffered an ankle injury of Dion Waiters caliber and may never be the same)
3) KO (will likely look for more money this offseason, tough to find a consistent role in the rotation)
4) DJJ (will also likely look for more money this offseason and has shown himself to be frequently hurt with a minimal role in the rotation)
OP for NBA FT record
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#27 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:24 pm

SA37 wrote:
contract wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:Don’t sign anyone for more than a year and don’t trade for anyone with more than a year on their contract.

That’s what I want. We are the premiere destination in the NBA now. No reason to rush it.

Jimmy is 31. Guys usually begin their decline ~ 32 or 33 or so. Rush or not, there is urgency.

Think about it ... who are the best 33 or older players in the NBA? There aren't very many really good ones, and only one great one.

Nonsense. Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Ginobili... lots of guys who have played top-level basketball at 34-36. Butler has 4-5 years of top-level basketball left.

Ginobili was a part time player. He played 23 minutes or less per game once he turned 34.
Kobe was washed at 35 and declined before then.
Jordan's second coming was great, but his third coming was one too many.

SA37 wrote:Miami has to find a guy who can replace Crowder and Iguodala. Crowder is a good backup to have and can start if injuries require it, but he just doesn't shoot the ball consistently well enough and can't take anyone off the dribble. Iguodala can't play 20-25 minutes if he can't manage to give Miami 6-10 points. To play 25 minutes and not score over and over again is completely unacceptable. Hopefully, Jones Jr can end up earning a spot in front of Iguodala.

Gallinari (replaces Crowder as the starter) and Ibaka (and upgrade over Olynyk and Leonard, both of who are solid) would be ideal additions. Davis Bertans and Joe Harris fit the bill, too.

Nicolas Batum, Otto Porter Jr (if he opts out), Mo Harkless, Carmelo Anthony, and Marco Belinelli should all be on Miami's radar.

Iggy is done. At best he can balance salaries in a trade.

Porter you can forget about right now. There's no way he's opting out of $28,489,239 with the salary cap shrinking. That would be stupid.

The rest I just don't know about until we have an idea what the cap will look like for everyone. Some teams may be looking to dump salary. Some guys expecting good contracts may have no choice but to sign 1 year deals for peanuts.

I'm not even sure what kind of cap shape we're in.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM

Post#28 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:49 pm

goodboy wrote:Butler is going to be fine.

His game is going to involve beautifully. Funny thing is, he has the potential to be a pretty decent 3 point shooter, he just doesnt take them. But once he does, Its gg. Also the % isnt that bad iirc.

Like I said ... who are the very good players over 33? Even guys with 3pt shots usually decline. Dragic was one of the better 33 and over players in the league this year. Six players over 33 average 16 points or more this season.

LeBron James 25.3
Kyle Lowry 19.4
L. Aldridge 18.9
Lou Williams 18.2
Chris Paul 17.6
Goran Dragic 16.2

That's it. 2 of those 6 guys played off the bench. And some of those 6 guys don't expend a lot of energy on defense every night. We can't just assume that our guy will be the one who defies father time. Blink twice and Jimmy won't be Jimmy anymore. He'll be old Wade.

This is our window. No panic moves, but we need to hustle.
contract
RealGM

Post#29 » by contract » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:51 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Players I don’t think will be on the team next season:

2) Leonard (great in early season play, suffered an ankle injury of Dion Waiters caliber and may never be the same)
3) KO (will likely look for more money this offseason, tough to find a consistent role in the rotation)
4) DJJ (will also likely look for more miney this offseason and has shown himself to be frequently hurt with a minimal role in the rotation)

I don't see KO opting out with a shrinking cap. But the rest I agree with.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,344

Post#30 » by Bishop45 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Wiltside wrote:Oi isn’t this just my speculation thread with a fancy new title!?

Smh

I was going to say, I thought I was the only one confuze about that
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#31 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm

contract wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:Players I don’t think will be on the team next season:

4) DJJ (will also likely look for more miney this offseason and has shown himself to be frequently hurt with a minimal role in the rotation)

I don't see KO opting out with a shrinking cap. But the rest I agree with.

I would not mind to see KO return. The Heat are not likely to find a player that can play better than him. One thing I think Spo really failed to do this season was find a consistent role for KO which really left the team too small. With the talent thinning out this offseason due to cap restrictions, KO may have to play a larger role out of necessity if he returns.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#32 » by IggieCC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:04 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Oi isn’t this just my speculation thread with a fancy new title!?

Smh

I don't have any thoughts on off-szn rn (too early) do what you must wilts :x
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#33 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:00 am

IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Smh

I don't have any thoughts on off-szn rn (too early) do what you must wilts :x

I was honestly considering making a thread like this to break the Iggie curse as well. Had to be done Wilt.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#34 » by IggieCC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 am

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#35 » by IggieCC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 am

Do not want list:

Luke Babbitt
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#36 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:25 am

Miami590 wrote:1 year contract: Dragic and Crowder
MLE: Paul Millsap
Trade: See who you could get packaging KO, Nunn and our first.

No. Soft and not a big game player.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#37 » by Beenie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 am

UFA's that Mia could have an interest in:

Fred Van Vleet
Danilo Gallinari
Serge Ibaka
Davis Bertans
Marcus Morris
Paul Millsap
Derrick Favors
Aron Baynes
Markieff Morris
Jahlil Okafor
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#38 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:03 am

Alright so serious, grown up conversation time. This isn't a thread for *****footing around, we are the Eastern Conference Champs - not some team that's close. You know damn well Pat is going to go for it right now.

So can someone with a serious understanding of the cap (I believe that distinction goes to Metta around here) , tell me what numbers need to look like for us to make the following work:

Trade Nunn, Kelly, Iggy (likely bought out by Indy to go back to GS or retire) and a future protected pick for Oladipo.

Sign Bertans/Gallinari to a worthy deal longer than 1 year (honestly whichever one gives us more flexibility)

Sign Ibaka to a hefty 1+1 deal

Resign Goran on a hefty 1+1 deal

(Don't think we will be able to retain Jae unfortunately here as he will prob get 2-3 years somewhere and doesnt have the goran loyalty factor)

Jalen Smith at pick 20

So ideally the

Oladipo/Goran
Duncan/Herro
Jimmy/KZ
Bertans/Smith
Bam/Ibaka

with the ability to save room to add a max in 2021 (with Ibaka, Goran both expiring)

Looks like in crunch time we will likely go 8 deep so that first 5 + Goran, Herro, Ibaka.

That's not even counting a potential Boogie on an MLE type deal or someone that wants to chase (Melo? Looks like a perfect spot behind Jimmy for him)

However, with all that being said, looking at our roster I find it hard to believe the player we pick at 20 is going to be on our team. This seems like a prime Pat trade.

Read on Twitter
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#39 » by SA37 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 am

contract wrote:Ginobili was a part time player. He played 23 minutes or less per game once he turned 34.
Kobe was washed at 35 and declined before then.
Jordan's second coming was great, but his third coming was one too many.

Ginobili played limited minutes off the bench because that is how San Antonio decided to play and rotate their guys. Even Parker and Duncan averaged 27-28 mpg in years where they won the title or made the Finals.

Bryant averaged 27-28ppg at 33 and 34. He tore his achilles after that. One big difference between Kobe and Butler is that Kobe had already played 16-17 years by the time he was 34-35; Butler won't have anywhere close to that kind of wear and tear on his body at 34-35.

Jordan's 3rd coming was when he was 39-40; during the second 3-peat, Jordan was 33-36 or so.

contract wrote:Like I said ... who are the very good players over 33? Even guys with 3pt shots usually decline. Dragic was one of the better 33 and over players in the league this year. Six players over 33 average 16 points or more this season.

LeBron James 25.3
Kyle Lowry 19.4
L. Aldridge 18.9
Lou Williams 18.2
Chris Paul 17.6
Goran Dragic 16.2

That's it. 2 of those 6 guys played off the bench. And some of those 6 guys don't expend a lot of energy on defense every night. We can't just assume that our guy will be the one who defies father time. Blink twice and Jimmy won't be Jimmy anymore. He'll be old Wade.

This is our window. No panic moves, but we need to hustle.

Dragic plays off the bench because it fits Miami's rotation; he started in the playoffs and put 18-20 a game or so. Lou Williams has been a 6th man forever. Chris Paul and Lowry both had amazing seasons.

You'll notice that all of those guys, except Aldridge, played key roles on teams that made the playoffs and were competing for a title; Paul's team was seconds from knocking off the Rockets and Lowry one game from being our opponent in the ECF (and the starter on a title-winning team last year).

No one can expect Butler to be the same at 35 as he is at 30-31, but he can still be a very good player and play at an elite level. The idea is that by the time Butler is 35, Herro, Bam, or perhaps some other player we haven't acquired yet will be the #1 option or capable of being it in concert with Butler and Butler won't have to get 35-40.

I mean Butler "only" averaged 20 a game this year -- 22 in the playoffs -- and Miami did fine.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#40 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 am

IggieCC wrote:Do not want list:

Luke Babbitt

Bish gets it
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat