ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Re: Wolves and Warriors looking to move top picks 

Post#61 » by SpaceCenter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:14 am

FreshyFlames wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
icoholic wrote:
:crazy:

If Wiggins plays for the Warriors next year that is a trade you'll have wished you'd done. Wiggins is going to have his best season yet next year with Thompson/Curry back, i'd put money on it.

Nobody will wish we should have done that trade unless the splash bros were coming with him.

Wiggins is in the ideal spot on GS with the spacing and Siakam might continue to be bad.There is a good chance Wiggins will have his most efficient year yet and Siakam will continue to struggle. I mean they aren't that far apart statistically as it is already and Wiggins is younger so if you get him and a pick why wouldn't you do it? He'd fit better with Giannis also even though we will never get him.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#62 » by FreshyFlames » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:16 pm

SpaceCenter wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:
If Wiggins plays for the Warriors next year that is a trade you'll have wished you'd done. Wiggins is going to have his best season yet next year with Thompson/Curry back, i'd put money on it.

Nobody will wish we should have done that trade unless the splash bros were coming with him.

Wiggins is in the ideal spot on GS with the spacing and Siakam might continue to be bad.There is a good chance Wiggins will have his most efficient year yet and Siakam will continue to struggle. I mean they aren't that far apart statistically as it is already and Wiggins is younger so if you get him and a pick why wouldn't you do it? He'd fit better with Giannis also even though we will never get him.

I'm guessing you're Max Kellerman for Halloween?
Raps in 6ix
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#63 » by mademan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 pm

SpaceCenter wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:
SpaceCenter wrote:

One of these guys is good at defense, rebounding, hustle...things that contribute to winning. The other guy doesnt care about basketball. Thats why you wouldnt do it. There's a reason Siakam was all-NBA and Wiggins is considered one of the worst contracts in the league
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#64 » by 13th Man » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm

I would do Siakam for Wiggins and pick (potential Wiseman) in a heartbeat but I don't see Masai nor the Warriors going for this.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#65 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Wiggins sucks!!!!! When are Canadians going to get this smh
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#66 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:When Minnesota and Golden State wants to move down from the #1 and #2 spot, that says alot about the talent in this year's draft.

I can see why Golden State would because they want immediate help but when the Timberwolves are looking to move down then you know there aint much at the top :lol:
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#67 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:05 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Wiggins sucks!!!!! When are Canadians going to get this smh

Yup, the dude has NO drive and ZERO will to win, his work ethic will deteriorate even more with him being home...no thanks.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#68 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 pm

If masai thinks there is someone worth getting at the top I’d offer either team powell and TD, maybe with #29 if necessary. Take back James Johnson from minny or the warriors absorb them into their TPE.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#69 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:30 pm

dalton749 wrote:If masai thinks there is someone worth getting at the top I’d offer either team powell and TD, maybe with #29 if necessary. Take back James Johnson from minny or the warriors absorb them into their TPE.

Only Siakam or a re-signed FVV + 29th pick will net us a top 3 pick.
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:34 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
dalton749 wrote:If masai thinks there is someone worth getting at the top I’d offer either team powell and TD, maybe with #29 if necessary. Take back James Johnson from minny or the warriors absorb them into their TPE.

Yea I’m not saying it is a winning offer, just the best I’d be willing to go. I don’t think there will be many teams willing to give up much more considering all of the guys at the top have huge bust potential and are far from sure things.
gha4life
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#71 » by gha4life » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Anthony Edwards is worth it.

I'd push hard for Draymond Green + the first overall for Siakam + picks.

That's a really really good trade for us and the Warriors as well in my opinion.

I would do this in a combination with another couple of trades. Especially if Giannis 2021 is looking legit.

Lowry / TD
Anthony Edwards
OG
Draymond
Ibaka

With whatever comes back for Lowry / FVV our way.

I don't like it. Edwards isn't one of those can't miss prospects; I'm not sure he'll even be as good as Pascal.

Plus, how tall is Anthony Edwards anyway? I've seen him listed from 6'2" to 6'5". I'm not really interested in another undersized SG.

He actually looks 6'5. He's tall, in fact I think he can do some minutes at the SF spot.

Edwards has the whole package. Oladipo / Donovan Mitchell / Dwade light. I see it.

it blows my mind how much ppl are sleeping on edwards , hes strong ,cant create his own shot and shoot as well
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#72 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Personally I'd flip Siakam for either of the top 2 picks.

I just don't believe in Pascal. While he's not DeRozan defensively, he will have a similar ceiling in terms of being able to lead this team anywhere in future with miniature Fred and/or being the supposed lure for a superstar the caliber of Giannis.

I'd prefer getting the jump on a bit of a rebuild/retool and allow Masai & Co the ability to mold a young star like any of the top 3 picks as they rework this program up over the next few years but I know its not likely MLSE will want to lose the revenue of the Playoffs so I'm sure its all moot.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#73 » by God Squad » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:39 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Personally I'd flip Siakam for either of the top 2 picks.

I just don't believe in Pascal. While he's not DeRozan defensively, he will have a similar ceiling in terms of being able to lead this team anywhere in future with miniature Fred and/or being the supposed lure for a superstar the caliber of Giannis.

I'd prefer getting the jump on a bit of a rebuild/retool and allow Masai & Co the ability to mold a young star like any of the top 3 picks as they rework this program up over the next few years but I know its not likely MLSE will want to lose the revenue of the Playoffs so I'm sure its all moot.

I'm all for Trading Pascal personally (Although I think we're in the minority) I'd just don't want a top-two pick in this draft. Next year on the other hand looks as good as any to get into the top 5 even 10.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#74 » by bluerap23 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:

Only Siakam will net us a top 3 pick.

Fixed
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Post#75 » by Yallbecrazy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:31 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:

I don't see us competing this year, what if we ask Lowry whether he would want a trade to a contender next year? If he says he wants to stay in Toronto then you scrap the idea, but what of using Lowry to rebuild?

You can't sign a player you traded away in season the next year, but a pre free agency trade means we may be able to sign him in 2021 again- it's weird with the CBA and the delayed season.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#76 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:25 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Fixed

If that.

I only see maybe (and I do mean maybe) MIN having slight interest because Pascal could add a decent added dimension to the TWolves by adding someone to lead the fastbreak and scramble around on defense but he's still not likely however perceived "weak" the draft is to net a #1 overall.

In GSW he's too redundant when Draymond provides a lot of the same stuff and not a chance CHA flips theirs unless they have a bigger name to sell to their dying franchise.

But FVV + 29th pick netting a top 3 has to be some of the most laughable homerism I've seen on this board in a long time :lol:. If we were lucky Masai could get NYK to trade theirs but midget Fred is not netting anyone a top 3 pick in any draft ever lol let's please be honest with ourselves here and stop the madness.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by dalton749 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:09 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Fixed

If that.

I only see maybe (and I do mean maybe) MIN having slight interest because Pascal could add a decent added dimension to the TWolves by adding someone to lead the fastbreak and scramble around on defense but he's still not likely however perceived "weak" the draft is to net a #1 overall.

In GSW he's too redundant when Draymond provides a lot of the same stuff and not a chance CHA flips theirs unless they have a bigger name to sell to their dying franchise.

But FVV + 29th pick netting a top 3 has to be some of the most laughable homerism I've seen on this board in a long time :lol:. If we were lucky Masai could get NYK to trade theirs but midget Fred is not netting anyone a top 3 pick in any draft ever lol let's please be honest with ourselves here and stop the madness.

This draft is awful I doubt anyone would give up a legit star for the right to pay one of these kids near 10 mil a year. If you can get a high end starter or borderline allstar for a top 5 pick this draft you should take it and run. Not saying a fvv s&t is the way though.

A few of these top 5 picks are going to provide similar value to past top 5 picks such as:
MKG, waiters, Thomas Robinson, Anthony Bennett, zeller, Len, Exum, Okafor, hezonja, bender, Dunn, fultz, Josh jackson.

If I have to guess, 1 out of 5 will be considered a nonbust and 1 or 2 will have their team option declined for year 3. It’s also an easy sell to a fan base on a move this year by using COVID and the weak draft as an excuse to say they preferred a solid player to an unknown commodity.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#78 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Fixed

If that.

I was just saying that's what we would need to offer as a minimum to get a conversation going, not saying that it would get a deal done, the person I quoted started off with Norm + 29th pick. It ain't that laughable once you understand how incompetent some of these GMs around the league really is.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#79 » by jimmy keys » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Fixed

If that.

If that?!? :lol: you are so delusional and emotional bruh it's pretty pathetic. Golden State dreams of getting someone like Siakam with the 2nd pick either in the draft or through a trade. Put Siakam next Curry & Thompson and they would be favourites to win it all next year. Siakam as their 3rd option would be ridiculous.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#80 » by bluerap23 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
Fixed

If that.

If that?!? :lol: you are so delusional and emotional bruh it's pretty pathetic. Golden State dreams of getting someone like Siakam with the 2nd pick either in the draft or through a trade. Put Siakam next Curry & Thompson and they would be favourites to win it all next year. Siakam as their 3rd option would be ridiculous.

Agreed. Pascal makes them title favourites for the next 4 years if they retain Draymond, Steph and Klay. We could get more than Wiggins and #2 from them.

Return to Toronto Raptors