ImageImageImageImageImage

Rebuttal to JVG’s most dominant franchise talk

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Rebuttal to JVG’s most dominant franchise talk 

Post#1 » by stan francisco » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:30 pm

In response to JVG’s idiotic and repeated argument that the Lakers shouldn’t be able to count the rings from the Minnesota times, I just want to bring up one question:

If the Celtics ever moved to CT, do they then erase their ring count and start over? Jerseys of Bill Russell unretired?

I know JVG hates us because of Shaq and Kobe and Phil always whooping his arse, but give me a break.

Plus, if we’re counting from when the NBA as is was actually was created after the 1976 finals, the Lakers have 10 rings and the Celtics 4. After this season is over, we might have 11.

If we go back to pre merger we have to go all the way back. Lakers 16 (as of today before game 5) Celtics 17. If we win, we’re tied with them all time.

The conclusion in my mind is that if we want to accommodate JVG’s wish of not using outdated stats but rather account for the accolades of the two teams in modern times; there’s simply no doubt about which franchise is the greater one.

11-4 since the NBA as we know it was conceived. Want to go back to prehistoric times, go all the way back.

GFOAT!

Go Lakers!
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Rebuttal to JVG’s most dominant franchise talk 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Fri Oct 9, 2020 4:59 pm

JVG just gearing up for becoming a coach again... There's no need to rebut stupid.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:17 pm

All I care about is that we're winning championships again and I don't believe Boston will anytime soon.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#4 » by LBC SoCal » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:40 pm

Lakers are the best Franchise, Boston doesn’t come close.

I don’t care about the fact that we get #17 to tie Boston. That to me isn’t why we are the best franchise....if we look at the NBA during the 1970s and prior it was nothing like the competition it has been since the 1980s onward. So it’s great that people in Boston have grandparents that got to enjoy domination in the 40-60s, but I’m speaking about here and now.

In my life span, I have enjoyed being a fan of the greatest team in any sport. Boston fans on the other hand live off of a sprinkle of championships here and there, but really just mainly their grandparents stories.

Whoever reads this post, also read my sig.

Best team ever, Lakers
A rough 2nd/3rd place to Chicago/SA (whichever order)
And then 4th goes to Boston. Sorry, you’re franchise lives off the past.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#5 » by Beethoven » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:27 am

I would go to say that for Boston the championships that are any relevant are the three they had in the 80s and the 2008 one.
For us , same. 80s and onward so really just the Buss championships.
In that perspective , it really is
10 Lakers - 4 Boston.

But who cares. Any way you, I , or any desperate Boston fan or media person spins it, eventually it will all be Lakers anyways soon enough.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#6 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:10 am

I get the argument and its not like we consider OKC having won a title just because the Sonics won in '79.

At the same time i dont really put too much value into all those Celtics titles from back when the league only had 8 teams.

Clearly, the Lakers and Celtics has been the two most dominant franchises in league history.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:36 pm

We have been at the top. We have been near the top. We have been relevant. We have always been in the conversation for decades. No other franchise, not the Celtics, none of em have always been in the Conversation like we have been. Everyone has been dispecting and drinkin that Haterade! It goes now with the territory.
The Celtics? They are like Chicago Bull and MJ fans. Tryin to hold onto past glory and begging for current day relevance. Im happy we don't have to worry about that
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#8 » by LBC SoCal » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:47 am

As mentioned, this title is awesome. But we are the best franchise because of who we are and the fact that players want to maintain our championship traditions.

Haters say it’s because we have great weather. Dumb. How many championships do the Clippers have? Yeah we got good weather but we have a great franchise, and that’s why we win. Champions are hard but over and over we keep winning.

Suck it Boston, your team sucks.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#9 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:41 am

Yeah, if Boston fans wanna pick holes in our titles, then they only get .5 per title in the 60's early 70's when it was an 8-team league with the other half in the ABA.

The whole thing is stupid. The Lakers just got #17. And as people have pointed out: A huge bulk of our titles have actually happened in our lifetime.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#10 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:36 am

Merger happened in 1976. In the 44 years since then, the Lakers have won it all 11 times. That is 25% of the time! Considering a 30 team league with cap space; that’s real dominance.

GFOAT
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#11 » by lautreamont » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Does the Raiders franchise now have no championships because they are in Vegas? When they moved from Oakland to LA no one ever suggested they lost the right to claim prior championships.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers