ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1981 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:57 am

It’s just. Rumor you guys. Settle
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1982 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:10 am

BW32 wrote:
tarantism wrote:What do you guys think about the fit of Ricky Rubio as a potential TPE target? He is good defensively and watching him run the offense with Steph and Klay coming off screens could be a thing of beauty. I like the wing defensive trio with Curry and Klay, and we wouldn't always have to put Klay on the best perimeter scorer necessarily. I think Rubio is 6'4'' also, which is tall for a lead guard. He is signed currently in Phoenix but they probably wouldn't mind dumping his contract since it's a little bloated but he is probably worth a few more dollars out of Lacob's pocket.

Rubio means alot to the current PHX core, even if they wanted to sign an FVV type I don't think they would trade him. Combine that with them having some Grant rumors and I don't believe they are looking to make a change at guard.

If they dump anyone for extra caproom it's gonna be Oubre IMO.
That makes sense. Personally I'm okay on Oubre. Not sure he moves the needle for us.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,255

Post#1983 » by Onus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:56 am

Mylie10 wrote:It’s just. Rumor you guys. Settle

I don’t think I’ve like any rumors that have come out other than being interested in giannis.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1984 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 am

So for me, if Wisemans off the table then bring on the trade options.

We could always just see what kind of deal you could make with Wiggins and the Minny pick. Gauge that value first if any.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1985 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:46 am

Mylie10 wrote:So for me, if Wisemans off the table then bring on the trade options.

We could always just see what kind of deal you could make with Wiggins and the Minny pick. Gauge that value first if any.
I don't really see Wiggins going anywhere. His contract is viewed as toxic around the league and it seems like the Warriors want to give him a look anyway.

I'm nearly certain that the TPE will be the first domino to fall - barring any financial complications.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1986 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 am

tarantism wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:So for me, if Wisemans off the table then bring on the trade options.

I don't really see Wiggins going anywhere. His contract is viewed as toxic around the league and it seems like the Warriors want to give him a look anyway.

I'm nearly certain that the TPE will be the first domino to fall - barring any financial complications.

The TPE happens after the draft I believe. So any deal with the draft included in a TPE draft pick deal would have to be agreed upon prior, but not allowed until the one week time period opens up for using this specific TPE.
Khoee wrote “
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#1987 » by whatisacenter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 am

Mylie10 wrote:
tarantism wrote:

The TPE happens after the draft I believe. So any deal with the draft included in a TPE draft pick deal would have to be agreed upon prior, but not allowed until the one week time period opens up for using this specific TPE.

It looks like the Warriors TPE expires on 10/24. https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-thunder-heat-hold-largest-tpes.html#:~:text=Now%2C%20with%20the%20free%20agency,small%20window%20to%20use%20it.
For instance, the Warriors‘ $17.2MM traded player exception, generated in last July’s Andre Iguodala deal, had initially been set to expire on July 7, one year after the team traded Iguodala and one day after the NBA’s July moratorium ended. Now, with the free agency moratorium scheduled to end on October 23, Golden State’s TPE will expire on October 24, giving the team a small window to use it.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1988 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:02 am

What about this.....and mind you I’m bored.

Wiggins, #2, and the Minny 2021 for Sabonis, McDermott, and McConnell?

All theee guys fit the movement style of offense. Sabonis fits like a glove. McDermott is a legit three point shooter. And McConnell is one of my favorite under rated tough guys in the league. Ticks a few boxes and leaves the TPE and MLE to round things out.
Khoee wrote “
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1989 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 am

Mylie10 wrote:What about this.....and mind you I’m bored.

All theee guys fit the movement style of offense. Sabonis fits like a glove. McDermott is a legit three point shooter. And McConnell is one of my favorite under rated tough guys in the league. Ticks a few boxes and leaves the TPE and MLE to round things out.
I think if we get to choose we should snag Myles Turner with the TPE. Larry Nance and Dwight Powell are also interesting names.

whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1990 » by whatisacenter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:09 am

Mylie10 wrote:What about this.....and mind you I’m bored.

The team would be losing their only long athletic wing in Wiggins + 2 FRP's for a few unathletic players, no thanks, I think the teams defense would be horrible. I do like Sabonis but not at that cost.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#1991 » by ShayDee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:51 am

Lakers were already good this year. They are definitely going to add talent next year. Whether it's re-signing main guy and Dumping Danny Green + Kuz

What are we going to do. We have soo many holes to fill and not many assets to do so. We also need defenders for cheap that can hit shots. How is Bob going to do all this
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1992 » by xdrta+ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
tarantism wrote:I don't really see Wiggins going anywhere. His contract is viewed as toxic around the league and it seems like the Warriors want to give him a look anyway.

It looks like the Warriors TPE expires on 10/24. https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/warriors-thunder-heat-hold-largest-tpes.html#:~:text=Now%2C%20with%20the%20free%20agency,small%20window%20to%20use%20it.
For instance, the Warriors‘ $17.2MM traded player exception, generated in last July’s Andre Iguodala deal, had initially been set to expire on July 7, one year after the team traded Iguodala and one day after the NBA’s July moratorium ended. Now, with the free agency moratorium scheduled to end on October 23, Golden State’s TPE will expire on October 24, giving the team a small window to use it.

Dates have changed since then. With the draft pushed back to Nov 18, the FA moratorium will follow that, and all trade exceptions will be pushed back in turn.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#1993 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:59 am

I would take Sabonis in a heart beat, guys made big strides every year and he could take another leap on his all-star year. Sabonis has that Draymond b-ball IQ and motor but on the offensive end. With our floor spacing and passing Sabonis would dominate on offense. Nobody has a 3rd or 4th guy near the level of Sabonis.

But the Pacers are going to trade Turner before Sabonis. I think they are a bit of a ying yang combo but the foot speed between the two is in question.

whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1994 » by whatisacenter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 am

xdrta+ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Dates have changed since then. With the draft pushed back to Nov 18, the FA moratorium will follow that, and all trade exceptions will be pushed back in turn.

I stand corrected, I thought that was the new pushed back date but I guess they haven't even officially stated the new date. I guess it makes since to have the draft first.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1995 » by Quazza » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:41 am

man, sign me the fk up for Sabonis. We havent had an offensive inside presence like that since....god, maybe Webber? (tawn was more outside)

I kinda hope im forgetting some super obvious, otherwise, thats kinda sad
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1996 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Quazza wrote:man, sign me the fk up for Sabonis. We havent had an offensive inside presence like that since....god, maybe Webber? (tawn was more outside)

Sabonis is a nice player but he doesn't really fit our style. He's a post up/pick and roll big who needs touches to be effective. Turner fits in perfectly by contrast as he is the exact opposite.

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1997 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:30 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
tarantism wrote:I don't really see Wiggins going anywhere. His contract is viewed as toxic around the league and it seems like the Warriors want to give him a look anyway.

Everything I've seen that is the old date and a new date hasn't been agreed on.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1998 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pm

tarantism wrote:
Quazza wrote:man, sign me the fk up for Sabonis. We havent had an offensive inside presence like that since....god, maybe Webber? (tawn was more outside)

Sabonis is a nice player but he doesn't really fit our style. He's a post up/pick and roll big who needs touches to be effective. Turner fits in perfectly by contrast as he is the exact opposite.

Sabonis would fit great. He moves himself and the ball, his BBIQ is high and his skill is high.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#1999 » by tarantism » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
tarantism wrote:

Sabonis would fit great. He moves himself and the ball, his BBIQ is high and his skill is high.
Yes but he is not a center and we don't want Draymond always defending the best big on the floor.

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#2000 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm

tarantism wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
tarantism wrote:

Yes but he is not a center and we don't want Draymond always defending the best big on the floor.

Sabonis is a center and his fit with the Warriors would be a dream for Kerr. He's a post up/pick and roll big who is a very good passer. You can stick him above the free throw line and run the offense through him up there, you can put him in the post when the Steph/Klay run split post actions and he can actually get a bucket in those situations.

Return to Golden State Warriors