Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Re: Trade Talk (Part Four) 

Post#1841 » by Baseline81 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:38 pm

shangrila wrote:If anyone cares, here's an update from that Hawks insider;

Indy/Minny

It seems like a major breakdown has happened with Indy/Minny due to the inclusion of T.J. Warren. Seems like they do not want to move him if they move Turner and it doesn't seem up for discussion. This one hurt Minny because the LaMelo Ball trade up market is now nil for the value Minny sees as proper value and it seems like they will be stuck at #1. He said, watch for them to look at Deni, Obi, Anthony, LaMelo, Oyneka, and Tyrese.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/195/#comments

Which just sucks. Turner/Warren would have been amazing but it's that last part that gets me. We might be overvaluing this pick and good god do I not want to be the team that winds up with Ball, even if it's only short term.

The underline may be the case. There was a poster on the Knicks board that said the front office has no interest in trading up. In fact, the Knicks would rather trade down to collect assets.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#1842 » by shrink » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:40 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
shrink wrote:I saw an interesting fan trade on another site. I’m modifying it, It still doesn’t fit financially, and I still wouldn’t do it if it did, but it might make for an interesting discussion.

MIN GIVES: Towns and Russell
MIN GETS: Jaylen Brown, Theis, Isaac, Fultz, #15, #16, picks, Aminu

BOS GIVES: Jaylen Brown, Kemba Walker, Theis, #16, picks
BOS GETS: Towns and Russell

ORL GIVES: Isaac, Fultz, Aminu, #15
ORL GETS: Kemba

First, I don’t do this because it’s too hard for a team like MIN to find a star like Towns, and he’s locked in for years. However, if we wanted to rebuild, some deal like this actually gives us multiple spots to find a new star, plus clears he way for Wiseman.

BOS moves forward younger, with Towns, Tatum and Russell, and ORL tries to win now, finally adding a star, who can help their offense.

I understand your interests in hypothetical trades, but to suggest Rosas deals Russell and Towns without giving the duo a full season together seems a little too far-fetched.

Oh, I don’t disagree, though maybe not a whole season. The reason I posted this was to show the type of full rebuild trade it would take to consider a Towns deal for me.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#1843 » by shangrila » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:45 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:

Indy/Minny

It seems like a major breakdown has happened with Indy/Minny due to the inclusion of T.J. Warren. Seems like they do not want to move him if they move Turner and it doesn't seem up for discussion. This one hurt Minny because the LaMelo Ball trade up market is now nil for the value Minny sees as proper value and it seems like they will be stuck at #1. He said, watch for them to look at Deni, Obi, Anthony, LaMelo, Oyneka, and Tyrese.

Which just sucks. Turner/Warren would have been amazing but it's that last part that gets me. We might be overvaluing this pick and good god do I not want to be the team that winds up with Ball, even if it's only short term.

I would do that deal with Warren/Turner in a heartbeat. idk why Indiana would do it though.

It's weird logic to be honest.

Basically the idea is that D'Antoni wants a ball handler he can trust to run his offence and that's apparently LaMelo Ball, so in order to sign Mike and transform the roster to suit his offence the Pacers are going to have to trade for Ball, which means (previously) trading either Warren or Turner. I'm not sure I buy it too much myself but I've seen stranger things happen.

The other thing is in the same post the guy talks about if the Pacers would trade with GS if Ball fell to 2 and the answer is apparently yes, they'll do Warren AND Turner for Ball, Wiggins and the '21 MIN pick...and somehow the Iggy TPE is involved as well (have absolutely no idea how since Warren and Turner would be needed to match Wiggins salary alone, but yeah) and that's including the fact that Indiana knows full well that Wiggins' contract is terrible. Seems like an odd flip honestly, as you go from no way in hell are we moving Turner AND Warren for Ball and an expiring but will happily do the same deal to take on Wiggs' contract? Does our 1st next season really have THAT much value? Seems odd now that I think about it.

I think it's clear at this point, regardless of this insider post, that if we take Ball it's to trade and if it's anyone else we're keeping them.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#1844 » by shangrila » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

Indy/Minny

The underline may be the case. There was a poster on the Knicks board that said the front office has no interest in trading up. In fact, the Knicks would rather trade down to collect assets.

Depressing.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1845 » by shrink » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Baseline81 wrote:There was a poster on the Knicks board that said the front office has no interest in trading up. In fact, the Knicks would rather trade down to collect assets.

The RealGM Knicks board is probably the worst place to get legitimate information about the actual Knicks front office. It’s a madhouse over there.

I think that most things I’ve read is that there are three players who have star upside (Ball, Edwards, Wiseman), though none are a sure thing. Having the first choice of those three has value - especially this year when decisions will heavily weigh pre-draft work outs.

I mentioned on the Trade Board today that while winning the lottery made it fun to speculate about millions of trades, this Wolves need to find a star. I think they will keep the pick, and take a big swing. It may be a whiff, but franchises are defined by stars, not a bunch of players who’s upside is “good role player that fits.”
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#1846 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02 am

shrink wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:There was a poster on the Knicks board that said the front office has no interest in trading up. In fact, the Knicks would rather trade down to collect assets.

The RealGM Knicks board is probably the worst place to get legitimate information about the actual Knicks front office. It’s a madhouse over there.

I think that most things I’ve read is that there are three players who have star upside (Ball, Edwards, Wiseman), though none are a sure thing. Having the first choice of those three has value - especially this year when decisions will heavily weigh pre-draft work outs.

I mentioned on the Trade Board today that while winning the lottery made it fun to speculate about millions of trades, this Wolves need to find a star. I think they will keep the pick, and take a big swing. It may be a whiff, but franchises are defined by stars, not a bunch of players who’s upside is “good role player that fits.”

To be honest it is not just the knicks board, bulls, hawks, warriors etc. those fanbases are deluded. Some warriors fans truly think they can get Turner AND Warren by just shipping out Wiggins, Paschall and a second round pick lol.... I immediately left the warriors board trade thread when I saw those type of messages.
I think most wolves fans are pretty reasonable in comparison.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#1847 » by Baseline81 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 am

shrink wrote:The RealGM Knicks board is probably the worst place to get legitimate information about the actual Knicks front office. It’s a madhouse over there.

This is where the Knicks' rumor came from:

Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#1848 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 am

Well wolves do have 17, okogie or Culver to trade up if Rosas wanted to get someone like Okongwu/Vassell/okoro/Haliburton at 8
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1849 » by Mattya » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 am

Indy/Minny

To me, it sounds like a person covering their bases so that when things they claim are “serious” don’t happen they have an excuse.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1850 » by shrink » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 am

Baseline81 wrote:
shrink wrote:The RealGM Knicks board is probably the worst place to get legitimate information about the actual Knicks front office. It’s a madhouse over there.

Read on Twitter

I have no problem with that. I mentioned it because Knicks posters have a habit of telling you what the front office is doing, [here, it was, “the Knicks front office has no interest in the first pick”], when no real inside knowledge of what the Knicks front office really thinks. What they actually mean is, “if I was the Knicks front office, I would have no interest in the first pick.”

I didn’t want people to hear what a Knicks fan wrote about the Knicks front office, and be depressed by it. It is just a poorly worded opinion.

And finally, keep in mind professionals in front offices will decide what the #1 pick is worth, not internet fans from the Knicks or Timberwolves. We may be biased towards it being worth more, because we have it. They may be biased against it, because they don’t. Sour grapes.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#1851 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Mattya wrote:

Indy/Minny

To me, it sounds like a person covering their bases so that when things they claim are “serious” don’t happen they have an excuse.

This.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#1852 » by minimus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Marc Berman is funny. For instance, he wrote "Tom Thibodeau hiring likely would mean no Karl-Anthony Towns" masterpiece.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1853 » by Dewey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Gotta love the effort of fans and writers posting their opinions ... and then churning it into the rumor-mill :wink:

The phase which is usually the most entertaining is when teams start hosting workouts & interviews ... then you start getting a little meat on the bone and you'll see the prospect rankings start to shift/align a bit. Waiting for the "Player-XYZ blew the minds of those in attendance with his athleticism and touch around the basket" ... blah blah blah ... 8-)
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#1854 » by Biff Cooper » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:17 pm

shrink wrote:I mentioned on the Trade Board today that while winning the lottery made it fun to speculate about millions of trades, this Wolves need to find a star. I think they will keep the pick, and take a big swing. It may be a whiff, but franchises are defined by stars, not a bunch of players who’s upside is “good role player that fits.”

You are making it out like either you take the guy who has the greatest chance of being a star or you take the guy who has the least chance of being a dud. Hopefully, there are several other options between these two extremes.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#1855 » by minimus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:43 pm

Report: Enes Kanter most likely to opt out, test free agency

First trade:
#1(Wiseman), Culver, Spellman for Smart, #14, #26
Why for BOS? Get starting С and backup С in Spellman

Second trade:
JJ, #17, #33, Evans for Gordon

Third trade:
#14, #26, Nowell for #8, DAL 2021 pick

Draft Vassell(Okoro). Re-sign Beasley, JMac, Juancho

KAT/Reid/Tillman
Gordon/Juancho/Vanderbilt
Vassell/Okogie/Layman
Beasley/Smart/Okogie
DLo/JMac/Smart
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#1856 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 pm

minimus wrote:Report: Enes Kanter most likely to opt out, test free agency

First trade:

Second trade:

Third trade:

KAT/Reid/Tillman
Vassell/Okogie/Layman
Beasley/Smart/Okogie
DLo/JMac/Smart

Not a fan.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#1857 » by Domejandro » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:20 am

minimus wrote:Report: Enes Kanter most likely to opt out, test free agency

First trade:

Second trade:

Third trade:

KAT/Reid/Tillman
Vassell/Okogie/Layman
Beasley/Smart/Okogie
DLo/JMac/Smart

#1: Train wreck for Minnesota, in my opinion.
#2: Orlando likely declines, but would heavily consider it.
#3: Why is New York adding the future pick here?
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1858 » by Chello1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:59 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:

This.

This guy is as much an insider as I am LOL! Doublespeak and covering his butt...... Joke!
Chello1
Junior

Post#1859 » by Chello1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:03 am

Why doesn't Wiseman fit best for us? Finally some defense under the hoop! Good big with plus athletcism..... Who has the best upside in this draft regardless of position? That is who we take. Superstar or bust. I do not trade this pick for anything less than a superstar back. This draft has 3-6 studs in it we just have to find one. We have three solid picks that will allow us to move around and pick a couple potential studs.
Chello1
Junior

Post#1860 » by Chello1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 am

Baseline81 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Like Ball is going to fall to 8th LOL!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves