Elton Brand's Resume

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Re: Elton Brand's Resume 

Post#61 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:09 pm

mike76 wrote:
One rumor Butler would like to dispel is the idea that he left Philadelphia because of tension with Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid. “I didn’t have a problem with either one of them,” he says. “Still talk to those dudes. I wish them the absolute best. A career of great health, make as much money as you can, win as many championships as you can. I did not have a problem with any of those guys. It just didn’t work the way that we wanted it to work. That’s life. Not everything pans out the way you want it to pan out. But you learn and you move on from it.”

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/28/jimmy-butler-miami-heat-nba-biggest-surprise

Read on Twitter

According to the same source the core players mostly liked and got along with Butler. This team insider did not suspect that retaining Butler would have impacted the ensuing contracts signed by Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons. “I think [the core players] were down to run it back. [The team] wanted to go another way.”

When pressed if there was any tension in the locker room that may have led to the Sixers decision to move on, the source suggested that there did exist some tension at times between Butler and the coaching staff, not between Butler and his teammates. “There was sometimes tension. [Butler] and the coaches, yes.”

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/9/5/20847564/source-jimmy-butler-would-have-stayed-for-a-max-sixers-uninterested

Like dude, get out of your feelings and just bending reality to fit your agenda.

No tension between teammates?

So you mean Butler saying some of his teammates are not playing for the championship but for fame and fortune (who is he describing? tj Mcconnel?), Butler saying Ben does not have his and Embiid’s mental toughness and the report that Ben didn’t like Butler’s leadership when Jimmy texted him what not to do... were all a lie?

Why does Butler have tension with the coaches? Because the coaches does not want to diminished Ben’s role on offense. The same reason why Brett didn’t want Fultz, because he wants Ben to be our one and only perimeter playmaker (reported by Fultz trainer).

What does Butler want on offense? He wants ben to be at the dunker spot on halfcourt, while he runs pick and roll.

Think about it... sixers ain’t that stupid to pick a coach they’re looking to fire over Jimmy. Again.. if there’s a guy who maybe worth picking over Jimmy, it’s Ben.

I’m not saying Ben and Jimmy are in bad terms and Ben ask the team to not re-sign Jimmy.

But the team chose Ben over Jimmy, and this lead to not re-sign Jimmy.

They knew if Ben would rot beneath the dunker spot, at some point he will ask to be traded and honesly, we saw how it won’t work against bigger teams like the Bucks, Raptors and Lakers where they can put Siakam, Giannis ans AD on Ben Simmons and let those three play goalie on defense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#62 » by mike76 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
mike76 wrote:
One rumor Butler would like to dispel is the idea that he left Philadelphia because of tension with Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid. “I didn’t have a problem with either one of them,” he says. “Still talk to those dudes. I wish them the absolute best. A career of great health, make as much money as you can, win as many championships as you can. I did not have a problem with any of those guys. It just didn’t work the way that we wanted it to work. That’s life. Not everything pans out the way you want it to pan out. But you learn and you move on from it.”

Read on Twitter

According to the same source the core players mostly liked and got along with Butler. This team insider did not suspect that retaining Butler would have impacted the ensuing contracts signed by Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons. “I think [the core players] were down to run it back. [The team] wanted to go another way.”

When pressed if there was any tension in the locker room that may have led to the Sixers decision to move on, the source suggested that there did exist some tension at times between Butler and the coaching staff, not between Butler and his teammates. “There was sometimes tension. [Butler] and the coaches, yes.”

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/9/5/20847564/source-jimmy-butler-would-have-stayed-for-a-max-sixers-uninterested

Like dude, get out of your feelings and just bending reality to fit your agenda.

So you mean Butler saying some of his teammates are not playing for the championship but for fame and fortune (who is he describing? tj Mcconnel?), Butler saying Ben does not have his and Embiid’s mental toughness and the report that Ben didn’t like Butler’s leadership when Jimmy texted him what not to do... were all a lie?

Why does Butler have tension with the coaches? Because the coaches does not want to diminished Ben’s role on offense. The same reason why Brett didn’t want Fultz, because he wants Ben to be our one and only perimeter playmaker (reported by Fultz trainer).

What does Butler want on offense? He wants ben to be at the dunker spot on halfcourt, while he runs pick and roll.

Think about it... sixers ain’t that stupid to pick a coach they’re looking to fire over Jimmy. Again.. if there’s a guy who maybe worth picking over Jimmy, it’s Ben.

I’m not saying Ben and Jimmy are in bad terms and Ben ask the team to not re-sign Jimmy.

They knew if Ben would rot beneath the dunker spot, at some point he will ask to be traded and honesly, we saw how it won’t work against bigger teams like the Bucks, Raptors and Lakers where they can put Siakam, Giannis ans AD on Ben Simmons and let those three play goalie on defense.

Ben sat under the dunker zone because Kawhi was guarding Ben for the first 6 games.

Brett letting Jimmy attack Danny/Lowry with the ball versus letting Ben attack Kawhi seems like common sense to me.

That's the obvious perk of having multiple ball handlers on the court. You can pick and choose which matchups to attack.

A perk that our FO clearly did not value enough. They chose the perk of having multiple centers instead.

It's not Ben's fault that the FO chose multiple centers over multiple ball handlers.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#63 » by 76ciology » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:16 pm

mike76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mike76 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ben sat under the dunker zone because Kawhi was guarding Ben for the first 6 games.

Brett letting Jimmy attack Danny/Lowry with the ball versus letting Ben attack Kawhi seems like common sense to me.

That's the obvious perk of having multiple ball handlers on the court. You can pick and choose which matchups to attack.

A perk that our FO clearly did not value enough. They chose the perk of having multiple centers instead.

It's not Ben's fault that the FO chose multiple centers over multiple ball handlers.

Wrong. That’s not what killed us.

This is what killed us.

When Raps put Kawhi on Butler and Ibaka on Ben. On crunch time it became problematic.

Ibaka can just roam at the paint and provide help defense.

What good is you can have a favorable match-up when you got a Ibaka, Giannis or AD who will be at the paint looking to provide help defense for the roller or the guy who’s looking to attack the mismatch?

Yes you need multiple ballhandlers. But you can’t have two ball handlers who aren’t good shooters.

And if Butler is going to run the pick and roll, Ben has to be at the dunker spot. And I dont think Ben would like that same as Butler didnt like to be a spot up shooter and wanted to run PnR when Ben was running the offense.
*Ben took a lesser role and scored 10pts or less most of the Raps series.

This lead to Jimmy’s “control jimmy” answer when why the team didn’t re-sign him.

Control Jimmy means Jimmy not asking more pick and rolls and not telling Ben what not to do. If Jimmy was OK with playing his role before the Raps series where he took less role on offense until crunch time, then I think we’d be ok with that. But he asked for a bigger role (run more pick and rolls, which Ben can’t do so its not like he’s asking more PnRs for Ben) during one of our team’s video exercise.

Read on Twitter

Think about it.. why are there no reports of jimmy saying negative things (not for the championship but for fame and fortune & mental toughness) about other Sixers players other than Ben?

Butler is not angry at Ben because Butler knows Ben didn’t pull the trigger. But deep inside Butler knows we chose Ben over him.

And Embiid knows it too.. that’s why he doesnt want us to repeat the same mistake of overly investing to Ben’s game thats why he doesn’t want the next head coach to be connected to Ben Simmons. I know Painted Lines’ sources are legit and it’s coming from Ben’s camp.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mike76
Junior
And1: 344

Post#64 » by mike76 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:38 pm

76ciology wrote:
mike76 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Wrong. That’s not what killed us.

This is what killed us.

When Raps put Kawhi on Butler and Ibaka on Ben. On crunch time it became problematic.

Ibaka can just roam at the paint and provide help defense.

What good is you can have a favorable match-up when you got a Ibaka, Giannis or AD who will be at the paint looking to provide help defense for the roller or the guy who’s looking to attack the mismatch?

Yes you need multiple ballhandlers. But you can’t have two ball handlers who aren’t good shooters.

And if Butler is going to run the pick and roll, Ben has to be at the dunker spot. And I dont think Ben would like that same as Butler didnt like to be a spot up shooter and wanted to run PnR when Ben was running the offense.
*Ben took a lesser role and scored 10pts or less most of the Raps series.

This lead to Jimmy’s “control jimmy” answer when why the team didn’t re-sign him.

Control Jimmy means Jimmy not asking more pick and rolls and not telling Ben what not to do. If Jimmy was OK with playing his role before the Raps series where he took less role on offense until crunch time, then I think we’d be ok with that. But he asked for a bigger role (run more pick and rolls, which Ben can’t do so its not like he’s asking more PnRs for Ben) during one of our team’s video exercise.

Read on Twitter

Think about it.. why are there no reports of jimmy saying negative things (not for the championship but for fame and fortune & mental toughness) about other Sixers players other than Ben?

Butler is not angry at Ben because Butler knows Ben didn’t pull the trigger. But deep inside Butler knows we chose Ben over him.

And Embiid knows it too.. that’s why he doesnt want us to repeat the same mistake of overly investing to Ben’s game thats why he doesn’t want the next head coach to be connected to Ben Simmons. I know Painted Lines’ sources are legit and it’s coming from Ben’s camp.

We are going in circles so i'm going to call it after this, you are allowed to believe what you want, here but let me reiterate:

No, for the 83rd time, Jimmy never said that about Ben specifically. Jimmy has only talked about Ben publically once since he left Philly and it was in the Sharp interview. He said the quotes about cars and fames as a generic statement in an interview and you are taking your feelings of Ben and applying it to the quote. Those quotes could have been KAT, Wiggins, or any number of NBA players that Jimmy has played with. You assume it is about Ben because you assume Ben and Jimmy had beef. Your assumption is backed up by nothing but your speculation and feelings. You're entitle to your speculation, but if you go onto this thread acting as if your baseless speculation is a fact and that people need to come to terms with it as you did earlier in this thread, I'm going to rightfully call you out on it.

If you don't think a Ben, Jimmy, Joel core could have worked schematically, then that is your opinion and you're entitled to it. Those 3 had a net rating of +14.9 in 154 minutes of the Raptors series when all on the floor together, so despite bad spacing, it clearly worked well enough.

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Playoffs&GroupQuantity=3&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*Butler:GROUP_NAME*E*Simmons:GROUP_NAME*E*Embiid&OpponentTeamID=1610612761

But whatever, your basketball opinion is your basketball opinion and you're entitled to that.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#65 » by Eyeamok » Mon Nov 2, 2020 2:04 pm

So Elton just got rewarded with an extension. Which says to me he was for either running it back, and/or against the contract of either Harris or Al but was overruled. Either way if you give a guy a contract extension after a horrible season, it's a reward for something he did. Maybe he was the biggest and loudest destining voice in the room. After all he has money so being afraid to voice your opinion and voice it strongly is not something he would be afraid of.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers