ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1081 » by Zeno » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Lukeem wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
Sorry I was focused on players to make salaries work, which is the bigger challenge.

Raps would add picks.

Apologies for being snarky but this is still crazy wishful thinking. Raptors are picking bottom 5 every draft. There isn't an amount of 1sts that late that would get this done.

I’m curious to see the market for gobert. He’s got one year left and they want him out. He doesn’t shoot and has been exposed in playoffs.

2022 unprotected first (might be top 10 pick). And the salaries above that match. As the foundation of the trade, depending on raptors FO confidence in resigning more picks definitely could be on the table.

I could be wrong but I don’t see teams Lining up to give up top 10 picks or amazing assets for one year of gobert.

Are there clear reports that they want to dump him? I haven’t seen that. But regardless I believe there are teams that would want to trade for him and extend him even for the max. So you are trading for an defensive player of the year in his prime.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Kris_Banks
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#1082 » by Kris_Banks » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Here are some articles exploring a Kyle Lowry to Miami trade

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/01/kyle-lowry-named-a-perfect-trade-target-for-the-miami-heat/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/rumor-nba-trade-rumors-exploring-idea-kyle-lowry-miami-heat-player-next-season

The first proposed trade sends Lowry to the heat for F/G Duncan Robinson, F/G Andre Iguodala, and C Kelly Olynik.

I think this makes sense if we lose Gasol and can't replace him with a backup C or aren't playing that well in the regular season. We may be worse in the short term but adding Robinson to our young core will help ensure we're contending for years to come.
We should be against the genocide of any people in North America.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1083 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 pm

Kris_Banks wrote:Here are some articles exploring a Kyle Lowry to Miami trade

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/01/kyle-lowry-named-a-perfect-trade-target-for-the-miami-heat/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/rumor-nba-trade-rumors-exploring-idea-kyle-lowry-miami-heat-player-next-season

The first proposed trade sends Lowry to the heat for F/G Duncan Robinson, F/G Andre Iguodala, and C Kelly Olynik.

I think this makes sense if we lose Gasol and can't replace him with a backup C or aren't playing that well in the regular season. We may be worse in the short term but adding Robinson to our young core will help ensure we're contending for years to come.

Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1084 » by Red_Claw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:59 pm

Kris_Banks wrote:Here are some articles exploring a Kyle Lowry to Miami trade

No way in hell Masai makes that trade. Id bet my life on it. Iguodala will retire or choose not to play. Kelly Olynyk is a scrub and Duncan Robinson only spreads the floor. And you would trade a Raptor legend for that!? Ludicrous.
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#1085 » by goinrogue » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 am

Hahahahahahahaha at that trade. Duncan doesn’t do anything Matt Thomas doesn’t already do. Kelli
Is Canadian, cool. He sucks. Andre would refuse to
come to Toronto and is essentially finished. Heat
must give several pics. If they’re convinced they’re getting Giannis, we will take Bam for Kyle. Otherwise, hang up.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,576

Post#1086 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:54 am

Any lowry trade not involving a pick or a young player is just ridiculous
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#1087 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:52 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:Any lowry trade not involving a pick or a young player is just ridiculous

With Lowry's contributions to the franchise I think they see his contract through and go from there. If there was a deal with Philly then he probably goes along but he isn't going to like being sent anywhere at their whim. BTW Lowry is a hard contract to match in a trade. Raps virtually have to take All Horfords Al the time using Philly as example. No way Masai wants deals like that unless he is mining middling Philly picks. Miami is a direct rival and why would Masai gift anything to Pat Riley? Ghost of Marcus Banks and Alonzo Mourning. Lowry isn't going anywhere this coming year. If we strike out in 2021 maybe he goes home then.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#1088 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:53 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:Any lowry trade not involving a pick or a young player is just ridiculous

Agreed. High 1st round pick at the very least...
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#1089 » by Dalek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 pm

I think Derrick Favors is my top option for Toronto to fill the C spot. He averaged about 9 and 9 last year with a block per game, but beyond the numbers he is a tone setter on defense in a similar way to Gasol. I just like his IQ and his rebounding. He was more effective than Gasol last year, and will likely command a fraction of the salary.

Look at the impact on NO where he vastly improved their defense while being on court:

Read on Twitter

He is a low-key boring signing, who won't stretch the floor, but he does eat up 25 minutes and adds physicality and screen setting which could be nice to use.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#1090 » by Raptors_128 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:23 pm

It starts with Herro and a 1st.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#1091 » by bballsparkin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:

It starts with Herro and a 1st.

So then, no trade.
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#1092 » by bballsparkin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Dalek wrote:I think Derrick Favors is my top option for Toronto to fill the C spot. He averaged about 9 and 9 last year with a block per game, but beyond the numbers he is a tone setter on defense in a similar way to Gasol. I just like his IQ and his rebounding. He was more effective than Gasol last year, and will likely command a fraction of the salary.

Look at the impact on NO where he vastly improved their defense while being on court:

Read on Twitter

He is a low-key boring signing, who won't stretch the floor, but he does eat up 25 minutes and adds physicality and screen setting which could be nice to use.

I like Favors and would love to have him join the Raptors. Why doesn't NO just keep him? Youth movement?
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1093 » by YelloC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Dalek wrote:I think Derrick Favors is my top option for Toronto to fill the C spot. He averaged about 9 and 9 last year with a block per game, but beyond the numbers he is a tone setter on defense in a similar way to Gasol. I just like his IQ and his rebounding. He was more effective than Gasol last year, and will likely command a fraction of the salary.

Read on Twitter

Favors would be like the 2nd coming of Antonio Davis or this generations Big Cat.
I would be perfectly fine with signing Favors and he seems like the type of player to take a short deal to be on a winning team.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#1094 » by Dalek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 pm

bballsparkin wrote:

Read on Twitter

I like Favors and would love to have him join the Raptors. Why doesn't NO just keep him? Youth movement?

I think they might want to keep him, but I wonder how long they would want him for. He made $16m per year last season and I think a guy like him would want a four year deal. NO has Jaxson Hayes so they may only want Favors for a year while Hayes gets ready to start.

I think Favors would like playing in Toronto, it is just a good fit for him. Plus, Toronto does still have contender status which is appealing.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#1095 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 pm

That lowry for iguodala olynyk robinson actually made me sick to my stomach.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1096 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Dalek wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think they might want to keep him, but I wonder how long they would want him for. He made $16m per year last season and I think a guy like him would want a four year deal. NO has Jaxson Hayes so they may only want Favors for a year while Hayes gets ready to start.

I think Favors would like playing in Toronto, it is just a good fit for him. Plus, Toronto does still have contender status which is appealing.

Favors also doesn't really fit next to Zion and Ingram which is important. They need more shooting out of the C spot than Favors can provide.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1097 » by Red_Claw » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Dalek wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:

Favors also doesn't really fit next to Zion and Ingram which is important. They need more shooting out of the C spot than Favors can provide

Centers that can't hit an open 3 have no business starting in this era of basketball. Our system is based around the 3 ball and our centers have all been able to hit the 3s since Biyombo.

Signing Favors for anything longer than a year and to start would be a step back. There are better options out there.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#1098 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 am

pr0gr4m wrote:Sexton and Garland suck.

Very false.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#1099 » by nabbs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:39 am

Favours, Thompson, Giles, Ibaka. Probably the best guys we can get to round out our centre rotation.

I also am increasingly confident Norm will be used to acquire another pick or move up in the draft. Hield will command good offers, Norm and him are comparable. In fact Norm is way more efficient of a scorer than Hield on lower usage.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#1100 » by bballsparkin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:42 am

I just checked Favors three point %. He shot 14.3% last year. And his FT% was only .563%. Way down from his career average FT% though. He's still a good option if on a reasonable deal. But yeah, very unlikely to be starting.

Raps getting Christian Wood seems unlikely.

9. Detroit Pistons give Christian Wood $60 million for three years

In his final 22 games, Christian Wood shot 56 percent from the field and just over 40 percent from 3-point range. In the NBA Finals, Anthony Davis shot 57 percent from the field and 42 percent from behind the arc. Now, Wood can't touch Davis from a talent perspective, but it goes to show how rare it is to find a big man that is both a dominant roller and a dependable shooter. It makes everything easier offensively, and the Pistons will have to pay to keep it. Something in the neighborhood of $20 million per year is not farfetched.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bold-nba-offseason-predictions-for-all-30-teams-lakers-add-third-scorer-76ers-trade-for-chris-paul/

Return to Toronto Raptors