ImageImage

Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#641 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:20 am

Well my problem is I'm a Bucks fan now just because of how many years I've been following this board (initially because of Giannis and then I just got progressively sucked in), but I'm not an NBA fan if that makes sense. For example the NBA Finals right now, I'm not even watching them. Great players, fkd refs, vague rules, and a League management that has a strong tendency to fingerfk everything. It's a League designed for casuals, if you're a hardcore hoop fanatic it can drive you nuts. And if you are specifically glued to a team you will statistically be unhappy most of the time, doesn't matter what team.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#642 » by Jez2983 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:15 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I'd be curious how many posters we'd lose on our forum if he did leave. I'd be happy for Giannis if leaving is what he decides is best, but I won't follow, cheer, or abandon the Bucks because he's not on the team anymore. He'll just be another apponent that we'll acknowledge with a standing applause to start, and then I'll boo :lol:

Won't be many abandoning the team except a couple massive homers. Won't be a Yi situation probably more a Bogut. These Greek dudes are ours now.

I know I'll cheer him on elsewhere if he's not on a Lakers type team. Don't want to think about a rebuild tho until I have to.

Pachinko_ wrote:Well my problem is I'm a Bucks fan now just because of how many years I've been following this board (initially because of Giannis and then I just got progressively sucked in), but I'm not an NBA fan if that makes sense. For example the NBA Finals right now, I'm not even watching them. Great players, fkd refs, vague rules, and a League management that has a strong tendency to fingerfk everything. It's a League designed for casuals, if you're a hardcore hoop fanatic it can drive you nuts. And if you are specifically glued to a team you will statistically be unhappy most of the time, doesn't matter what team.

These two posts are where I'm at. Just like last year when we sh*t the bed I had to steer clear for a while, as I just can't take the excessive negativity and apparent delight some seem to take in our failure. If that's for them, that's OK, I'm not interested. I love the offseason as that's where we can start to generate hope and prospect for change. I don't think I could miss one regardless of how the Bucks are doing! I've paid minimal attention since we got booted as I knew I'd frustrate myself with what ifs.

That statistical comment by Pachinko is spot of though. There's always something your team will be 'bad' at, even if they always win.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#643 » by Plossum » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:04 pm

I would love to see Giannis shelve the three and work on his inside game where he dominates. He looked so much better in the Miami series operating from the elbow. Imagine if he came back with a well refined back to basket game to add to his repertoire.
#LockUpChuck
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#644 » by BadWolf » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:35 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Well my problem is I'm a Bucks fan now just because of how many years I've been following this board (initially because of Giannis and then I just got progressively sucked in), but I'm not an NBA fan if that makes sense. For example the NBA Finals right now, I'm not even watching them. Great players, fkd refs, vague rules, and a League management that has a strong tendency to fingerfk everything. It's a League designed for casuals, if you're a hardcore hoop fanatic it can drive you nuts. And if you are specifically glued to a team you will statistically be unhappy most of the time, doesn't matter what team.

Is there a league that caters to hard-core hoop fanatics? Or is that just an imaginary thing? :D
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#645 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:48 am

BadWolf wrote:

Is there a league that caters to hard-core hoop fanatics? Or is that just an imaginary thing? :D

Ι like EL, except all the good players have left.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#646 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 7, 2020 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Huh?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#647 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:51 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Huh?

Antentkoumbros vs. Packers. :reporter:

Gearing up for a lockout or something? Try out for the NFL like MJ in the MLB. Though soccer would make more sense from a cultural standpoint, for crossing over.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#648 » by blazza18 » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:38 am

Giannis better than Mahomes if he had the whistle Lebron gets.

FACT
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#649 » by emunney » Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:12 pm

The NBA is crawling with Hall of Fame tight ends.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#650 » by Nightfall » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#651 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:33 pm

emunney wrote:The NBA is crawling with Hall of Fame tight ends.

Yeah, I always throught about that. LBJ (granted he is a freak in the NBA) has 6 inches and 25 pounds on TO. Although he has less speed and what makes lebron lebron is IQ which is less important if all you do is catch the ball versus passing, catching, shooting, etc.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#652 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:09 pm

One guy who would've been a legendary football player is Westbrook. Incredible athlete and super strong. Not to mention super fast too.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM

Post#653 » by emunney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Yeah, I always throught about that. LBJ (granted he is a freak in the NBA) has 6 inches and 25 pounds on TO. Although he has less speed and what makes lebron lebron is IQ which is less important if all you do is catch the ball versus passing, catching, shooting, etc.

His IQ would help, but there are no TEs with more athleticism than LeBron and none with better hands. Ran a 4.6 in his late 20s.

MJ ran sub 4.4 at UNC.
emunney
RealGM

Post#654 » by emunney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:One guy who would've been a legendary football player is Westbrook. Incredible athlete and super strong. Not to mention super fast too.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app

Phenomenal rebounder, one of those guys who's both a great athlete AND every bit of it translates. He'd be devastating. Who would cover him?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#655 » by skones » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm

emunney wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

His IQ would help, but there are no TEs with more athleticism than LeBron and none with better hands. Ran a 4.6 in his late 20s.

MJ ran sub 4.4 at UNC.

I guess I question "better hands." Football hands and basketball hands are VERY VERY different. Put most of these NBA guys in front of jug machines and they look like clowns. There are plenty of great athletes who just don't cut it in the NBA and you don't see them pop their heads into the NFL and become all-timers. Guys like Graham, Gonzalez, and Gates are exceptions not the rule.
emunney
RealGM

Post#656 » by emunney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:21 pm

skones wrote:
emunney wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Yeah, I always throught about that. LBJ (granted he is a freak in the NBA) has 6 inches and 25 pounds on TO. Although he has less speed and what makes lebron lebron is IQ which is less important if all you do is catch the ball versus passing, catching, shooting, etc.

MJ ran sub 4.4 at UNC.

I guess I question "better hands." Football hands and basketball hands are VERY VERY different. Put most of these NBA guys in front of jug machines and they look like clowns. There are plenty of great athletes who just don't cut it in the NBA and you don't see them pop their heads into the NFL and become all-timers. Guys like Graham, Gonzalez, and Gates are exceptions not the rule.

I don't know about you, but there's almost no amount of money that would get me in the NFL. If I wash out of the NBA, I'm playing in Belgium no question.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#657 » by Fotis St » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:52 pm

So when does LeBron go to Giannis house himself for dinner with his brother Kostas to give the Ring to the 1st ever Antetokounmpo Champion ?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#658 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Fotis St wrote:So when does LeBron go to Giannis house himself for dinner with his brother Kostas to give the Ring to the 1st ever Antetokounmpo Champion ?

If he does that, LeBron might not ever win a ring again. :wink:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#659 » by skones » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:34 pm

emunney wrote:
skones wrote:
emunney wrote:

MJ ran sub 4.4 at UNC.

I don't know about you, but there's almost no amount of money that would get me in the NFL. If I wash out of the NBA, I'm playing in Belgium no question.

I've long toyed with the idea of seeing how good I can be at kicking field goals. Gimme them 3 million dollars to sit on the bench and be twitters whipping boy baybay.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#660 » by blazza18 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:58 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Fotis St wrote:So when does LeBron go to Giannis house himself for dinner with his brother Kostas to give the Ring to the 1st ever Antetokounmpo Champion ?

If he does that, LeBron might not ever win a ring again. :wink:

You think he retires after embarrassing Giannis again?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks